PDA

View Full Version : 3 link Southern Promod help desparately needed!

rnoswal
07-20-2014, 11:22 PM
I am in my first year with what we call a Promod here in northwest Louisiana. The rear can be a metric 4 link, a leaf spring or a 3 link. Springs over the axles and no floating connections on the rear end. I have a 3 link, which has to have a solid pull bar by the way. This is a metric front clip with a 900 lb lr, 800 rf , 225 lr and 175 rr. Minimum weight for the car 2400. 52.5 left side and 55.5 rear. The car came with a short frame to diff bar about 15 degrees up to the frame and the left lower bar short and about 18 degree up from the left side under the axle to the frame mount. The right lower is a couple degrees up from under the axle.

I can see the cars that are kicking my butt are pulling the left tire under and lifting the body up under acceleration. The solid pull bar is 32 inches long and starts 10 inches above the axle center and angles down about 15 degrees. The left rear shock is a 10/90 rebound/comp and the right is 50/50. Oh yeah, the most interesting piece is the tires allowed, NASCAR pull offs. F40, F45 and we can use up to a ten inch wide rim. The track is banked pretty steep and of course is dirt. I have plenty of power but at no point can I feel the left rear trying to plant. I don't mean I am spinning the tire but can but want it to pull under and give me a lot more bite.

Any other info I can get you except what the other guys are running with their 3 link. That would be the best of course but I am not interested in buying information. Any advice with this?

Thanks

Russ