PDA

View Full Version : Chaining the LF down

dirtdiggerracing
07-24-2014, 09:45 PM
What are these guys doing when chaining the LF down ?? Need some input on this along with pro & cons of doing this !! Thanks for the info !!

dirtdiggerracing
07-25-2014, 09:33 AM
What are these guys doing when chaining the LF down ?? Need some input on this along with pro & cons of doing this !! Thanks for the info !!

Hello anybody doing this ??

manwplan
07-25-2014, 02:18 PM
you're thinking too hard on this one. It's done on both front corners so the suspension isn't hanging down past the shock. Makes taking shocks off and on a whole lot faster.

HuckleberryB4
07-25-2014, 03:12 PM
I don't believe that's the reason for his asking. He's wondering about the dynamics it has on suspension, weight transfer and handling.

grt74
07-25-2014, 04:42 PM
there isnt anything to find there,but there are alot of guys running a ton of rebound these days,but thats on different tracks(tracks that need it),that is unless you want to run an asphalt style setup

rcmaster
07-25-2014, 07:28 PM
we have ran it and may do it again, we let it travel an inch further than ride height , I think when it hits the chain the weight of the left front goes to left rear and creates forward traction , we took it off because having trouble turning the center.

dirtdiggerracing
07-26-2014, 02:14 AM
I got a buddy running it that is having trouble turning in & center!! I just watch Oneal & Owens at the clash at the mag looks like they are tied down & have got unreal forward drive !! Was just thinking I got to be something there are these guy wouldn't be doing it !! Thanks guy for the replys

grt74
07-26-2014, 10:21 AM
there doing it with shocks

hot rock
08-06-2014, 08:14 AM
I was thinking of trying this were runing good now but all ways serching for something extra .could you get the center push out by maybe running more steer in the back of the car or longer j bar or shorter on the lift arm softer rf spring less wedge etc
trying to get a starting point or an idea of how much it will tighten the car in the center. were is the idea place you wont the lf off the ground or aginst the limiter

Garrettshurling
08-08-2014, 07:41 PM
I anyone doing it with a limiter chain? Were running lots more rebound control on the LF than we used too, but never had a chain like we run on the LR.

mab475
08-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Wouldn't pinning down the LF hurt drive off the corner?

Garrettshurling
08-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Yes, in the slick you have to reduce the rebound control .

andy16
08-10-2014, 07:16 PM
i know on a rocket black front end if u run all the correct front parts with a std appleton rack and twm spindles with 5/8 heimed tie rods when the lf goes into full drop the first thing to bind is the heims one the tie rods wich pulls on the rack mount bracket welded to chassis and cracks it. happens about 1/2 before afco shock tops out. i put a chain on mine to prevent this. i believe others may do the same. seen it on 2 black front end cars before 2006. if you have one check it and see. i wanted to put mall spacers between heim and rack but was messing up bump steer. to get my bump right i had to run no spacer between rack and heim on tie rod, and thats where it would bind just before full droop. so i put a chain on it and it didn effect handling at all and i didn have to worry about cracking rack mount either