PDA

View Full Version : Camber gain??? need to know

theracer37
08-07-2014, 08:29 PM
i have a 9 inch upper control arm....a 5 degree 10 inch spindle...and a 19 1/8 inch lower control arm
I am wanting to know how to get more camber gain quicker to help the car get in the corner better with out moving the roll center in the race car. thanks in advance!

drtrkr244
08-07-2014, 09:19 PM
The short answer is a shorter upper, but depending on track banking and turn radius, you could end up with a mid-corner push if you went too short. I would first consult with your chassis builder.

HEAVY DUTY
08-08-2014, 08:31 AM
i have a 9 inch upper control arm....a 5 degree 10 inch spindle...and a 19 1/8 inch lower control arm
I am wanting to know how to get more camber gain quicker to help the car get in the corner better with out moving the roll center in the race car. thanks in advance!
Anything you do to increase camber gain on the RF will cause the roll center to move right. If you ran a shorter a frame at the same angle, ( the same instant center) your roll center would be at the same static location , but will migrate right farther and faster. If you shorten the a frame and put spacers in the same spot on the chassis, it will increase the angle of the upper a frame.

hpmaster
08-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Adjusting a frontend in most cases involves doing more than just one side or the other to do it right. Get a good frontend program and do simulations adjusting what you have and you stand a better chance of improving it not screwing it up. Sliders on the upper control arm mounts are needed to get it right. JMHO

Garrettshurling
08-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Mark Bush from RaceWise has a front end program that would work nice.
http://www.afcodynapro.com/content/race-wise-front-suspension-geometry-software-afco

drtrkr244
08-08-2014, 06:23 PM
I really don't think theres much to gain, as all the chassis mfgr's use software now.You might could fine tune your setup at your particular track for some very small gains...imho

Garrettshurling
08-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Agreed. If you play around with the program for long you'll get an appreciation for just how complex dynamic roll steer is.