PDA

View Full Version : Pinto spindels on a camaro

Fastart25
08-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Any of you good chassis guys know if you can use the pinto stuff and get good results on a street stock .this is a lot lighter than stock,but can you get good settings.Thanx

72Dubya
08-11-2014, 11:46 AM
My vote would be no. The pinto spindle isn't as tall and that could change upper arm angles in a bad way. The Camaro front-end is already pretty decent out of the box.

JustAddDirt
08-12-2014, 09:06 AM
you would have to run +1 ball joints on the uppers and lowers to help with geometry
steering arm is short so you will loose Ackerman.
you would have to do a lot of moving of steering and a-arms to get it to work right Ackerman wise .

not worth the time, but it could work.

drtrkr244
08-12-2014, 09:10 PM
You would have to run the whole package.Spindles,longer ball joints,rotors,calipers

You would save a fair amount of weight which would be a good thing.

Also, I think the quicker steering would be a big benefit also.

All in all, it would be worth it from a performance standpoint.

Fastart25
08-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Lol thanx guys,that's 1 no,1 maybe,and 1 yes.maybe I'll try it,if it works I guess others will try it to,iff not I'll sell the stuff to some one else.

drtrkr244
08-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Be sure to get the total heighth of spindle and ball joints to match original Camaro. It will work, just give it a chance.

You will pick up a decent amount of rear weight which is a big plus when running a stocker.

True, it will be easy to sell, as it is a common package on mods.....Good luck and let us know how it works!