PDA

View Full Version : Howe billet idler arm

RW57
08-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Does anyone use them and are they worth the cost .New idler arms always get up and down movement after a few races or is one brand better than the other .Moogs are around 50 bucks and they do not seem to be any better than the store brands at half the cost or less. Just trying to made car better.Also there another type or style that is better car is a camaro clipped style limited style car.

Lizardracing
08-19-2014, 09:14 PM
Does anyone use them and are they worth the cost .New idler arms always get up and down movement after a few races or is one brand better than the other .Moogs are around 50 bucks and they do not seem to be any better than the store brands at half the cost or less. Just trying to made car better.Also there another type or style that is better car is a camaro clipped style limited style car.

Is your track rough or something? I have been using the same one for four years.
You can buy the house brand lifetime warranty and replace it several times a year. Usually they are reboxed Moog parts.

Anonymous24
08-19-2014, 09:50 PM
There are other options out there. The play in the idler arm plays havoc with toe settings while the chassis is dynamic and traction at the front tires as a result.

RW57
08-20-2014, 03:07 AM
Thanks guys for the answers I am probably gonna go with the Howe as they are repairable. By the way what are the other options a friend of mine who built chassis's said he used to use one that had a stud thru the middle of the arm but could not remember what they came off of.

thinkstomuch
08-20-2014, 07:46 AM
I've gotten this "play" on any OEM style. I've used Allstar ALL56340 & ALL56341 which is adjustable. This one I've never gotten the "play" in after many races. Also I'll assume it is less money than the Howe

RW57
08-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Half the price they do not make one for the camaro bit I think I can make a Chevelle work