PDA

View Full Version : Straight panhard bar with brake floater

Z Racing
08-21-2014, 03:54 PM
Has anyone tried a straight bar? and if so how long? What about lr brake floater? Thanks!

bob75
08-21-2014, 05:54 PM
traction traction traction,will work, watch your angle.

grt74
08-21-2014, 06:03 PM
a panhard bar doesnt know if its straight or a jbar,it just knows its mounting points,most people that speak of straight bars are talking about mounting the bar to the left side of the pinion plate,which in turn will cause the bar to be pretty short,if the car has a jbar on it already just take a measurement and then set the new straight bar to the same measurement,now on the lr floater it will make the car free on entry and will also keep the car on the bars on entry,alot of guys that can drag the brake with success like this setup but its not for everyone
one note on the straight bar,it really shouldnt be less than 15 1/2" and check for binding also

RACR_73s
08-21-2014, 10:31 PM
I put my swing arm Rayburn on a straight bar and really liked it. Tightened the car overall compared to the purple bar. I had a LR brake floater on my GRT this year until It broke in a meeting with the wall, I didn't think much of it and don't miss it...I drag the brakes quite a bit on exit in the slick without it. I didn't notice the brake floater effect my corner entry much, I use my LRF shock as one of my adjustments for my corner entry (I am not sure about anyone else, but this works for me).

Z Racing
08-22-2014, 08:45 AM
Thank you, you are very helpful.

grt74
08-25-2014, 08:51 PM
I put my swing arm Rayburn on a straight bar and really liked it. Tightened the car overall compared to the purple bar. I had a LR brake floater on my GRT this year until It broke in a meeting with the wall, I didn't think much of it and don't miss it...I drag the brakes quite a bit on exit in the slick without it. I didn't notice the brake floater effect my corner entry much, I use my LRF shock as one of my adjustments for my corner entry (I am not sure about anyone else, but this works for me).

most guys that i know run the floater lr with out a shock in the front of the lr,they can control how much they want the lr hiked up on entry with the brake,this would be for a very smooth driver,just l thought i would tell ya be for some of you try it

fastford
08-26-2014, 09:00 PM
if you try the floater, you want a very aggressive pad on it, I had good luck with it when I was on a strait rf spring, when I started working with bump stops and 2 stage rt fr springs, I found I didn't need it.