PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a car

LateModel B23
08-27-2014, 01:12 PM
Anyone ever ship a non-rolling car using a carrier such as R&L or Cooper? This a frame and cage only that would close the deal if it were able to be shipped.

powerslide
08-27-2014, 02:15 PM
wheres it at? Racers always traveling the US someone might be able to help you out

porter16b
08-31-2014, 07:13 PM
We had a roller shipped to is through r&l. THen used a rollback to unload only because we didn't have dock access. Can't tell you how much it was though exactly but I believe it was around 700$ for 1000 miles. That was also over 5yrs ago.

Krooser
09-12-2014, 01:17 AM
See what kind of quotes you get at www.uship.com. This outfit is a transportation broker that puts out freight for bids then takes a % of that for dispatching and billing. You get some good guys to haul and some as swipes, too. Give them a try.

HEAVY DUTY
09-12-2014, 08:29 AM
Find another way. I have shipped 3 of them. The body mounts get tore off of them, and they will get dented and scuffed up. They want to move them with a forklift. and they cant pick them up, so they just push them. The last one I had shipped was quoted at 600 dollars and when it got there, the bill was changed to 1350 dollars. I gave them the quote number, and they said they changed the shipping class in transit. It was a new chassis and was tore up pretty bad, so I billed them 750 for the damages, and got it back to where they first told me. It was about a 500 mile trip. It wasn't R&L or Cooper. I think it was American Freightway. I have best luck shipping with R&L, but I don't think they will haul chassis.

thinkstomuch
09-12-2014, 09:56 AM
I'd quote it with a freight carrier like D&L or Landstar. They could put this on a flat bed as a partial load, you would load it and the buyer would unload. You could by a full dedicated truckload @ 2.50 prob dependent on the route. A partial load will likely be around 1.0 to 1.75. This is the safest way to ship it and in the end wont cost that much more, because like HD said they can and will charge you extra after your quote. Call Brad @608-620-7582 - have time to talk but he could move it for sure

thinkstomuch
09-12-2014, 09:57 AM
he'll need dimensions