PDA

View Full Version : Best Head Restraint

The deMORRILLizer
08-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Im looking to buy a Hans, nexgen, or hybrid pro rage i have confidence that they are all extreemly safe ( or atleast i hope so) but what is the most comfortable while strapped into a seat?

Lucky13x
08-29-2014, 03:41 AM
I have used a Defnder and currently am using the Simpson Hybrid Sport. The Defnder which is exactly the same as the original NecksGen was pretty comfortable. Could get a little sore on your collar bones but other than that didn't have a problem. The Simpson Hybrid Sport is even more comfortable. I can't really tell that its on except for it sitting your back slightly forward in the seat. I recommend using the Hans "dog bone" style harness that go to 2 inches over the shoulders as it makes for a better fit on the restraints. I like the original Nexgen, Defnder, and especially the Hybrids because of the offered frontal support, lateral support, and that the Hybrids are harnessed on you and cannot fall off. The Hans device only offers frontal support. But mostly it is what you prefer and are most comfortable with.

thinkstomuch
08-29-2014, 07:37 AM
I've got the Hans. I had something prior that went down the center of my back but it was very uncomfortable. The Hans is pretty nice, never had comfort issues

3dracer
08-29-2014, 12:08 PM
I run the defnder with the 2" belts from Hooker Harness. I like it, but thinking of selling just to get out of it. If interested let me know.

Flyin Iowan
08-29-2014, 12:32 PM
i have a necksgen, and love it, and the only time i notice it is if i want to turn my head 90* when driving in the pits. all ya have to do then is loosen the belts. if anything its more comfortable then nothing because theres pads on the straps so the belts are not digging in to your bones