PDA

View Full Version : rear end hike?

redracersmod
08-30-2014, 01:49 PM
Ok I run an imca northern sport mod. My car currently hikes the left rear but I still have about 3 1/2 inches of shock travel left after it hits the underslung. What would be the advantage of having it hike more? Would if help get off the corner better by increasing bite? I guess I'm looking for all insite pro or con on adding more hike to the chassis. Thanks

redracersmod
08-31-2014, 01:59 PM
Guess no one knows why we hike the lr?

filthy lopez
09-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Guess no one knows why we hike the lr?

More hike will also be more rear steer. Also too much angle in the left bar at full hike you will lose drive. More isn't always better.

Bcollins82
09-01-2014, 09:48 AM
When a car hikes up on the LR you do a lot of things, so there is no one good answer. It raises the rear weight up, it gets your spoiler higher, it increases crossweight, it increases roll steer, it increases LR bar angle, it increases panhard bar angle if it is mounted to the left side of the chassis, etc..... Other factors like shock valving and overall dynamic attitude of the car play a huge factor in what changes will happen when you Iincrease LR drop. The short answer is increasing the drop on the LR will add sidebite and LR drive IF you don't create too much roll steer, lr bar angle, or panhard bar angle dynamically by adding the extra LR drop. Every car/setup package likes a different amount of total drop, and you'll feel a difference between 1/4" change once you are in the ballpark. You can definitely make a car too loose by going too far. I'm guessing that if you still have 3.5" of down travel left in your shock, you will probably benefit a lot from changing the underrail bar and increasing LR drop.