PDA

View Full Version : ride heights

modracer18
09-02-2014, 06:22 AM
im looking to lower my ride heights im wondering whats the average ride heights for a chevelle frontend its a dw11 4/4 bar. my current ride height are around 8 1/2 in the front and i feel there too high. the rear is also around 8 1/2 im thinking they need to go up on the rr. im measuring the front from the center of the a arm bolt to the ground in the front and the rear from under the square tubing the 4 link brakets sit on. would love to here what others are running or opions im fairley new to mods need all the help we can get. thanks

UltimateRaceCars
09-02-2014, 06:40 AM
You should be setting your front lower a-arm bolt centerlines to 8" and the rear to whatever it takes to get your bite and bar angles. If it were me I would bring your rear ride height down at least an inch but remember to get your bar angles reset.

Bcollins82
09-02-2014, 07:26 AM
As a rule of thumb, measure center of RF lower balljoint pivot, match that height to the center of the RF inner pivot bolt of the lower control arm so the pivots are level across, put the left side lower control arm inner pivot bolt 1/4" higher than the right, and 1" of rake up from front to rear measured at the bottom of the front crossmember to the bottom of the framerail on the RR in front of the lower link mounts. Thats not exact, but this will get you close. From there you can determine ride heights that are easy to measure repeatedly. I like to go from the bottom of the frame to the top of the lower control arms behind the spring cutouts, and the RR from axle tube to upper framerail.