PDA

View Full Version : Limiter staps

DirtRacer9x
09-04-2014, 06:38 PM
Thoughts on cushioned limiter straps? What durometer or anything else to know. Solid or cushioned? Thanks.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Cushioned ones will not be consistent on where they stop the travel.

DirtRacer9x
09-04-2014, 06:54 PM
So ditch them all together? We want what is most consistent. I'm just curious if some custom is better than none and too much is too inconsistent. Thanks Master

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-05-2014, 09:28 AM
You could gain a little cushion with those nylon limiters like offroad trucks use. I have no problem just putting a chain on. The cushioned stuff can be inconsistent and cause oscillations in my experience.

DirtRacer9x
09-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Thank you Master! Might be why we are struggling on throttle and being consistent. Had 2 70-80 durometer roller skate wheels stacked. Our theory was wrong with what we wanted to do. Oh well at least were trying something.

drtrkr244
09-05-2014, 03:43 PM
There's a video on youtube showing a Christmas tree bumpstop used as a limiter strap. The compression is all over the place. Theres no way it could be consistent handling. Just use a chain, or the adjustable deal from Wehrs machine.

andy16
09-07-2014, 05:09 PM
There's a video on youtube showing a Christmas tree bumpstop used as a limiter strap. The compression is all over the place. Theres no way it could be consistent handling. Just use a chain, or the adjustable deal from Wehrs machine.

ive ran both, I bought the yellow rubber bisquit one from speedway and ive ran a chain and ive ran a strap. ive broke the strap before. the bisquit is prob inconsistent but from driver seat I could not tell a difference. I guess the chain is the best although I could feel them both top out and at times got rough it will hit it and come off it hit it and come off it prob 3 or 4 times a straightaway I hoped the bisquit would soften that but it didn. it can get violent on a rough track or a hooked track. im still for chaining it but I never got that hard stop out of it. I used a afco silver on the back with a lot of compression and a afco 13 series on the front of rear end with a 6-0 vave, always was a little rough the more grip track had maybe mastersbilt can tell you how to get the jerk out?