PDA

View Full Version : Z link question

Deish98
09-05-2014, 03:22 PM
I always ran 4 bar but this is my first time running z link and I was wondering adjustment wise Is it close to four bar example on 4 bar I would move the left upper bar up one hole to make entry loose would that be similar on z link and I was wondering what's the difference feel wise compared to 4 bar

Jcramer12t
09-05-2014, 11:50 PM
Moving the RR lower bar up will free the car up off the throttle from what I've learned.You will probably need to free the car up when running zlink I usually run my lower RR bar up 2-3 hole from level and back bar I start out 2-3 hole down from level and go up to level when it slicks off. Also I raise the j-bar up 1/2" on pinion. Btw this is spring-behind LR Spring infront RR message me if you would like to know more

thinkstomuch
09-06-2014, 07:49 AM
I think the adjustments should react the same because your only changing the rear steer of the RR. In my personnel feeling when the car is on Z link you can really feel the right side and specifically the RR. Because of this I always thought the car could enter fast without fear of loosing it. imo

DirtRacer9x
09-06-2014, 11:11 AM
I've never done Z link before but I see a car at one of the tracks I go to Z linked RR and he can enter a lot harder than most especially slick. If you can feel the RR like I think "thinkstoomuch" is saying that would be great in the slick. I'm wanting to try it. What's a good angle to start with and how would you adjust?

racedad11
09-06-2014, 11:53 AM
RR lower level. The upper start downhill to the frame and raise it on the frame as the track slicks off

Deish98
09-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Would level mean making z link zero degrees