PDA

View Full Version : northern sport mod set up questions

30-06
09-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Hi, im new to sport mods, i race on a fairly high banked 3/8 dirt track. Its usally tacky and hooked up by main time. Sometimes it goes slick.My question is, my car is usually great in the heat, when the track is still greasy. But if the track is tacky in the main, it goes tight on entry, and i have to put it to the floor to get it tru the turn. That makes it slow thu the whole turn. Is there any bar adjustments i can make to help free it up on entry, off, and on throttle? And get it smoother thu the turn? And help would be pricless. Thanks.

DirtRacer9x
09-05-2014, 07:55 PM
We do a heavier RR on our 3 link car. 200-225 and slick 175.

drtrkr244
09-05-2014, 09:12 PM
3 or 4 link? You can raise jbar on pinion 1" and your driver should be able to feel the diff.

30-06
09-05-2014, 11:52 PM
Its a 3 link. Panhard bar mounted behind the rear. Mounted about 3 inches below the axel tube @ about 20°. If the track goes slick its handles ok. But if its booked up we are really tight on entry and have to ram tldown hard on brake to get it to rotate and set.

ez2bcheesy
09-09-2014, 08:49 AM
Go up on your right side bar.

30-06
09-12-2014, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the replies. The rt side bar is at the top. Would it help to lower the left side bar. Thats got about 1 hole up and 4 holes down.

UltimateRaceCars
09-12-2014, 07:16 AM
Raise the panhard bar to about 1" below the axle tube in the tack, it will free the car up on entry.

30-06
09-15-2014, 06:23 AM
Thanks again for all the help. I made a few adjustments to the car. As advised. The car handled well. Could use some fine tunning. What i did from my usual settings. Or as i call ground zero. I moved the panhard bar to a 17.5° angle pointed inline to the inner bead of the rt wheel. So now the panhard is about 1inch below the axel tube . Then i moved the pullbar to the right on the rear. It does handle ok. It stays alot flatter now. Rather than being up on the bar as high as it was. But i really cant complain cause it was still just as fast. Altho its a bit loose coming back onto the throttle. Im guessing scoot the pullbar to the left alittle on the rear. But coming out of the turn it kinda stops its sidebite drift and gets all foward bite. Its causeing me to cut the turn and cross to the inside. Is there somthing i can do to smooth that out? Thanks again!