PDA

View Full Version : chain eliminator

el paso mod 19
09-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Where would the ideal placement of a chain eliminator be? Directly above axle tube at ride height or somewhere else. Where would you mount bottom bracket left or right wise. How about upper mount, where would ideal placement be for it? I realize that the area we try to place this is already crowded, but, just wondering what would be perfect.

el paso mod 19
09-12-2014, 08:41 AM
Either it's a stupid question, or nobody knows answer, or maybe it is a secret. I guess I'll put it as close to cages as possible and try to get upper mount outside of J-bar frame mount.

fohne mod 21
09-12-2014, 09:14 AM
Personal preference on my car is when the chassis is at full hike I put the bearing chain "limiter" perpendicular with the frame rail from the left side view and plum off the over rail from the rear view. This will be almost against the birdcage clamp. The reason for placement closest to the left side is to keep deflection and inconsistency to a minimum.

HuckleberryB4
09-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Pretty sure he meant Chain LIMITER Stock car driver

Bcollins82
09-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Ya I think he meant chain too. Mine just goes straight down as well if this helps. Anyone have a preference on top or in front on axle tube?

I wouldn't want mine mounted on the front of the tube... The car would gain and lose LR drop as you got in and out of the throttle. If you are talking about going in front to your birdcage you would lose or gain drop with bar changes. The rotating chain mounts like BSB offers would be best because it takes the axle wrap out of the equation, but straight to the top of the tube works fine.

HuckleberryB4
09-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Straight to the top here as well. I leave the nut/bolt a tick lose so that the chain can rotate around it with the force/torque of the rear end and motion of the suspension.

ureckirepair
09-12-2014, 11:33 AM
I always ran mine on the rear of tube so it would have the tendency to roll the axle forward as with motion of rear steer.

HuckleberryB4
09-12-2014, 01:38 PM
I'm thinking that if you mounted it to the back 1) you would be fighting the pinion gain that you need for forward bite, due the chain fighting axle wrap. 2) You would be limiting LR hike because of the axle wrapping away from the top of the chain. In a sense making the chain seem shorter. This would also reduce indexing for forward bite and rear steer.

Bcollins82
09-12-2014, 03:12 PM
I'm thinking that if you mounted it to the back 1) you would be fighting the pinion gain that you need for forward bite, due the chain fighting axle wrap. 2) You would be limiting LR hike because of the axle wrapping away from the top of the chain. In a sense making the chain seem shorter. This would also reduce indexing for forward bite and rear steer.

X2... it would also be inconsistent.

el paso mod 19
09-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Sorry for the confusion. Thanks, the replies helped me with my decision.