PDA

View Full Version : Frame Slider Height

LateModel B23
09-13-2014, 02:55 PM
When using a J-Bar with a large bend in it like a Wehrs, ever have to raise the frame bracket higher to get the same reaction as when using a regular type j-bar? Regular type as in a AFCO with just a 3.5" drop at the driveshaft side.

LateModel B23
09-13-2014, 03:42 PM
Understand that, it is a straight line passing thru the rod ends. But I have someone who switched over to a Wehrs and says they have had to raise frame slider to feel the same reaction of the car as with the AFCO. I am wondering if there is possibly flex or give in the bar with the larger "hoop".

Bcollins82
09-13-2014, 04:46 PM
If I had to guess, I would say they didn't get the rearend back in the same location side to side, and that's causing the issue. Or if they wrecked or hit the wall and damaged the Afco causing the need for replacement, they may have something else bent. I doubt Wehrs is building a jbar light enough to flex far enough to feel a difference. And if they did, it would move the rearend left giving more sidebite, not less.

drtrkr244
09-14-2014, 01:35 PM
If I had to guess, I would say they didn't get the rearend back in the same location side to side, and that's causing the issue. Or if they wrecked or hit the wall and damaged the Afco causing the need for replacement, they may have something else bent. I doubt Wehrs is building a jbar light enough to flex far enough to feel a difference. And if they did, it would move the rearend left giving more sidebite, not less.

My thoughts, too..........or his friend needs to stay out of the cooler during race nite! lol