PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Springs

Race03
09-17-2014, 07:53 AM
Is it worth the cost to switch to barrel springs over the standard coil overs for a limited late model. Have been told to switch to barrel springs because they hold their rate better at any compression but don't see many running them except a few of the well established late model teams. Just want to know if it worth it to spend double the cost of the standard coil over.

hpmaster
09-17-2014, 08:15 AM
Where coil bind is an issue I think they are worth it.

Sprint76
09-17-2014, 12:01 PM
I wouldn't worry about them anywhere other than RF. If you're coilbinding, it is absolutely worth it. I haven't seen enough of a rate variance on Eibachs and Hypercoils to justify the investment unless they are coilbinding. I have seen some weird behavior with Integra springs, but it wasn't necessarily just near travel limit.

Sprint76
09-17-2014, 12:02 PM
I should also add that you don't necessarily need a barrel spring either. Many of the new Eibach and Hypercoil standard springs are built with less coils, and have had enough travel for me to use without issue.

HuckleberryB4
09-17-2014, 01:06 PM
What Sprint76 said. Any new Eibach or Hypercoil will have more coil spacing due to less coils.
Although a barrel spring could have it's place outside of the RF.