PDA

View Full Version : struggling with side bite

modracer44
09-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Seen where someone said switching car to zlink would give car better sidebite. Any truth to this?

modracer44
09-28-2014, 06:45 PM
Little more info, I'm running a throw n dirt 4 bar with jbar also tried short bar

Bcollins82
09-28-2014, 11:34 PM
If you are struggling with side bite, switching away from a 4link to zlink is not going to be a magic change. There are plenty of 4link cars with plenty of side bite. You have another issue somewhere. Ballast and component placement, rearend placement, spring rates, spring angles, wheel offset, Jbar split, length, and height, shock valving, 4link angles, driver error? Just a few of the issues you may be having... I have never experienced an increase in side bite by going z-link. The increased birdcage indexing on a 4link RR should give more side bite over a z-link with all other things equal.

modracer44
09-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Car has one piece of lead on it, it's located on the right side top roll bar under the decking it weighs about 60 pounds. Right side is 1/4 inch longer then the left. Front springs is 700 left front 800 right front. Rear springs is 250 left rear, 225 right rear. Left rear wheel offset is 5 inch. Right rear wheel is 3 inch offset. Right rear top bar is down next to bottom hole. Right rear bottom bar is neutral. Left rear top bar is 1 hole above neutral, left rear bottom bar is neutral. I've tried jbar with 5 inches of rake and also tried short bar and neither had good sidebite.

UltimateRaceCars
09-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Space the right front out or the right rear in and left rear out, if that doesnt give you side bite something is majorly messed up (more than likely rearend position side to side).

drtrkr244
09-29-2014, 04:52 PM
With that much lead on the right framerail , I believe ur overloading the RR tire. Try moving half of that lead down to the bottom framerail. Also, you can start adding LR bite to take off some of that load from the RR. I had the same issue years ago. It was on a hard track with a medium McCreary.

bob75
09-29-2014, 07:10 PM
why are you running a 5inch left rear rim , 3in or 2in maybe.

Bcollins82
09-29-2014, 08:08 PM
With that much lead on the right framerail , I believe ur overloading the RR tire. Try moving half of that lead down to the bottom framerail. Also, you can start adding LR bite to take off some of that load from the RR. I had the same issue years ago. It was on a hard track with a medium McCreary.

X2 on overloading RR, try that first... Also very curious about LR wheel choice?

modracer44
09-30-2014, 02:56 PM
Thanks everybody for trying to answer my question, I'm gonna try some of that stuff and see how it works