PDA

View Full Version : Rocket vs Rayburn

crate racer 66
10-11-2014, 08:13 AM
I have a '08 Rayburn swing-arm car that we parked. I've been trying to sell it but not getting much interest. I'm just looking at options but I had been told that a lot of the suspension components on a Rayburn would be the same as a Rocket. Obviously I know that a lot of the non-suspension parts on the car are pretty much universal but from what I was told the Rayburn front ends are the same as either the blue or black Rocket front end. Also was told the rear end axle tube lengths are the same. Does anybody on here know for sure about this? I'm considering getting a used Rocket frame and swapping all of the parts over that I could. I love racing late models but can't afford to be non-competitive in our Rayburn but also can't afford a Rocket roller if I can't sell what I already have. I appreciate any input.

2old4this
10-11-2014, 08:49 AM
I believe the blue front rocket lowers are the same and rack.The rear tubes was 34 36 on my rayburn I think rocket is 35 33 some are running shorter stuff.I parked my 08 swing arm car for new 14 rayburn and was about ready to get itBack out.finally got 14 car to go but swing arm was good.Out ran a lot of rockets with it.

fox1162002
10-11-2014, 11:46 AM
I have had several rockets and the rear ends were 33/36. The blue fronts are the same as a rayburn except spindle. I have jigged a blue front rocket then changed the rayburn back end to a rocket.