PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads Q&A

DirtRacer9x
10-13-2014, 05:49 PM
What do you run? OEM replacement or like Hawks and what compounds?

Lizardracing
10-14-2014, 12:01 AM
I run the best OEM ceramic pad you can get at my local parts house. They are easy on the rotors and haven't given me any fading problems as of yet. I can still lock up all four at will so I've stuck with them.

DirtRacer9x
10-14-2014, 12:07 AM
I'm just seeing if there is a difference or what is recommended. I use the brakes when track slicks off a lot but very lightly. Lighter and longer than most. But I'm not sure how well the stock brakes on these cars can handle the cooling of them vs a slotted/vented rotor especially in the fronts. The last time I ran I didn't like the car I drove because the brakes didn't have much feel. Felt like I had to really push the pedal to slow the car and help it turn and didn't have the feedback through the pedal that I wanted. Maybe it's an asphalt thing because that's what I came from but I could feel through the pedal the tire or tires about to lock on the asphalt cars. Seeing if the issue was a cheap pad or what not on the dirt modified.

racincowboy3
10-15-2014, 09:43 AM
I used to use good stock type pads and they faded a lot the last 5-10 laps of a main on the bigger faster tracks especially... swtiched to wolf pack pads and love them. very easy on the rotors and dont wear them out bad like hawks can. I highly recommend them!

Renegade Cust Susp
10-15-2014, 07:45 PM
Have had pretty good luck with hawk blacks.