PDA

View Full Version : Late model bodies

racing23s
10-25-2014, 08:35 AM
Was wondering if any body has bought the performance bodies late model body package? Is it worth the money and do they look good? Just looking for some opinions before i buy one or should I have a local guy bend me one up. thanks

keeks
10-25-2014, 01:05 PM
I had one on a roller I bought. Looked great. Shipping is an issue for me, so it's not cost effective to go that route. I bend my own up. Doesnt look as good, but my skills are far from good.

hucktyson
10-25-2014, 02:40 PM
Nothing will ever look like a body built on a specific car by a legit fabricator.

zeroracing
10-25-2014, 03:11 PM
Agreed, professionally built bodies look better because the guys use correct tools and typically do many per year. Guys in their garage do one a year maybe and it shows. That said I bought a used car once that come with a performance bodies kit, the doors were two piece and I hated that other than that it fit good and went on fast/did not look bad.

If your local guy builds a bunch then go to him if you have the coin.

EAMShater
10-25-2014, 04:47 PM
I do my own evert year plus one or 2 others for friends or anyone that asks.

Lizardracing
10-25-2014, 10:29 PM
That's presumptuous. I do all my own work and my stuff is professional looking because I care and give attention to detail. The tool is only as good as the operator even if the tool is "home made". What rubbish.

hucktyson
10-26-2014, 09:10 AM
Lizard I wasn't saying you have to build body's professionally to have professional looking stuff. Many of us who only build one a year have nice stuff

Dirt Man
10-26-2014, 10:28 AM
Huck, I thought at one time you were building bodies?

hucktyson
10-26-2014, 01:28 PM
That was way before I realized how much money there was in deck building. Now that I have time the body in my car will be nasty this year . I've always been in a huge hurry and didnt have enough room in my shop to do everything I wanted to but now I do. It would be way cheaper and easier to buy cars already assembled but chassis builders just slap stuff together from what I have seen.