PDA

View Full Version : Rocket vs Barry wright

outofcontrol
10-29-2014, 01:47 PM
Lookin at getting new car narrowed it down to these two any info would be great

derricklong38
10-29-2014, 02:35 PM
Only issue i had with my BWRC was it was older. Once Barry builds a new car, support for the old one stops.

I believe 09 was the last time he built a new car, so anything older than that he just wanted to clip instead of repair or support. Couldnt get spindles for my 04.... I had to measure them and get a different chassis builder spindle. Same thing with control arms.

I live pretty close to BWRC, they are great people. Just couldnt get the help I wanted.

I swithced to rocket, and been happier. Maybe if I had a 09 or newer BWRC id still be in it, but im not one who can afford a new chassis every year, and didnt want to chance being left out because of that.

Id vote rocket! But if "new" is a 2015 model, then I guess my experience doesnt count for a whole lot lol

Kwoods25
10-29-2014, 04:08 PM
Rocket all the way, all we ever run. Rocket has the best tech support also. Always nice and have the stuff you need no matter what year. I like Barry's stuff tho, Billy Hicks just bought a brand new one and loves it. Barry's cars do look the the best

outofcontrol
10-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Gonna be a 2015 model my area is mainly rockets they are good cars easy to get parts for I was jus considering the bwrc to have somthin different just was curious on how tech would be from them

fastford
10-30-2014, 09:55 AM
I like the bwrc front end the best, especially if your on a bump stop or 2 stage front spring, JMO