PDA

View Full Version : Rear bars and heims

dirtrace09
10-30-2014, 08:44 AM
What material do most people run for their 4 bar links? Any particular brand of bars and heims have you had better luck with?

Matt49
10-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Aluminum links on our stuff:
http://allstarperformance.com/product.htm?prod=226
I like the hex design because it makes adjustment very easy.

For rod ends we have had no problems from the FK CMX series stuff. I like the teflon lined flavor as you never have to lubricate them. Just wipe excess dirt away when you are doing your routine maintenance and you're done. In fact, DO NOT lubricate a teflon lined heim as it will destroy the lining and you'll have a worn out heim.

FlatTire
10-30-2014, 04:12 PM
Mine sure move more free when I grease them! Just use a grease thats safe on teflon. I use CRC synthetic brake caliper grease.

TheJet-09
10-30-2014, 10:50 PM
I have the Out-Pace greasable rods/ends. The company is not too far from me and the idea of lubing the ends through the use of a grease gun is easy enough. They wear like any other rod-end though.

Lizardracing
10-30-2014, 11:29 PM
I make my own from 1"x.065 DOM and I make my own tubing ends on a lathe. You can buy them pretty cheap but I like making my own just to say I did it. AS far as lubrication goes I like graphite powder. It doesn't collect dust and dirt like grease.