PDA

View Full Version : Bernheisel Laser ??

nolimits9
11-12-2014, 08:12 PM
I was wondering if anybody could give me any input or help with a laser chassis . Whats everyones thoughts on them positives and negitives . We race on AR 56 mostly and tracks are mostly slick for the features .

FlatTire
11-13-2014, 08:44 AM
I know where there is 2009-ish chassis for sale. Probably could be picked up real cheap. I'm pretty sure it has little to no races on it.

7uptruckracer
11-13-2014, 10:19 AM
Hard to get traction off in these cars. Update the Spindle and Lower on the car to their new one. It helps a lot. It takes alot of work their baseline stuff it useless throw that out from the get go.

racer86
11-13-2014, 12:51 PM
I have race a 2007 and 2012. I have race a 2012 for the last 2 years. had the Diamond front on it at first. Did good but when track temp was down, we lost grid. We are on spec tires so no help there. This past year Jim had me on the black Diamond front and change rear springs. The car was super consist and was way better when track temps are low. Over all Happy. PM me if any more ?s and she is for sale. I am changing classes or i would have no problem running her again.

7uptruckracer
11-14-2014, 11:39 AM
I believe hes only running the Diamond on the RF now and leaving the other side standard or Vice Versa where at the beginning was the diamond ob LF and RF

dirtcarz05
11-15-2014, 11:42 AM
I would not waste your time and money on one

hucktyson
11-15-2014, 01:31 PM
Here's my input ... They claim no one runs them nationally because he doesn't give them away... If you think Davey J parked his rocket that had probably 10 night on it that he won at east bay Lucas and Tyler county WOO to pay full price for a lazer your crazy ...

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-15-2014, 03:19 PM
Here's my input ... They claim no one runs them nationally because he doesn't give them away... If you think Davey J parked his rocket that had probably 10 night on it that he won at east bay Lucas and Tyler county WOO to pay full price for a lazer your crazy ...
People don't run them cause the "cool kids" don't. They are one of the finest constructed cars out there, period.

JTSjet
11-15-2014, 10:22 PM
i will vouch for construction quality and they offer a ton of adjustability, as if there wasn't enough already. that can be good and/or bad though.

i wouldn't bother with anything older than 2011. not that they weren't good cars just that with setup tendencies everyone is moving toward lately makes them a bit obsolete. i really like the changes he made for 2014.

hucktyson
11-16-2014, 10:24 AM
I've been hearing this for years , best engineered , best craftsmanship , best design , best support .... Looking at these cars I really don't see this space shuttle craftsmanship ... They do a good
Job but I don't see anything spectacular that I keep seeing claimed on here . What wins on Saturday sells on monday and until they start winning 10k plus races on a regular basis they won't be big sellers.

hucktyson
11-16-2014, 10:26 AM
And don't get me wrong this is nothing against the lazer people , I hear they are
Good guys but the bottom line is the stuff needs to win big races to sell. Club 29, longhorns , and sweet Bloomquist cars all cost twice what a lazer does and those cars have a line waiting to buy them for a reason ...

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-16-2014, 10:53 AM
Sit Billy Moyer in one and they would. And there was a line of people waiting to buy the street.com stock at 50 a pop too. If you are a local guy without sufficient jack to line some pockets, it doesn't matter if your car is a Rayburn, rocket, masters, or a lazer. It is going to go as fast as your driving and intellect can take it. But the lazer will have nice welds and some nice, subtle, touches that make it quality.

mab475
11-16-2014, 03:12 PM
I seriously doubt the above. Davey Johnson tried and couldn't make it work. I worked on a lazer last year and could get real close but the thing just flat suffered for forward in the black slick. I know my way around a car and I've won races with several brands and never had so much trouble getting forward drive in a car. Btw I'm not a driver I'm a crew chief.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-16-2014, 04:45 PM
I seriously doubt the above. Davey Johnson tried and couldn't make it work. I worked on a lazer last year and could get real close but the thing just flat suffered for forward in the black slick. I know my way around a car and I've won races with several brands and never had so much trouble getting forward drive in a car. Btw I'm not a driver I'm a crew chief.

Been a few years since the Juice was consistently doing damage. I have some personal success wrenching a Lazer on tracks that are not easy to get ahold of.

The cars have plenty of adjustment. You could always toss a different spindle on it. (I didn't.). Any properly constructed chassis can work. It isn't magic. It is physics.

06Tireman
11-16-2014, 05:01 PM
we ended up with MasterSbilt Smackdown spindles on our 2012 Lazer.. Spacer on RF.. Best finish we had was a 2nd.. Ran the car 18 races.. Pretty much gave it away to get rid of it.. Went back to Mastersbilt.. Been happy since..

Matt49
11-17-2014, 11:21 AM
All I need to do now is insert a comment about "giving the car what it needs" and then insert another comment about "driving style"...

Would that about make this thread complete?
:-)