PDA

View Full Version : 3 Link Pull Bar Question

Wild Blue 32
11-18-2014, 08:01 PM
3 link wissota mod 4 with a solid pull bar. How would I determine where to mount the pull bar left to right? Mine is currently mounted left of center and car is always tight tried everything else to loosen it up but nothing worked. I was thinking maybe by moving it closer to center it would loosen the car up by loading the right wheel more on the gas and also by moving the chassis end to the right it would lift more on the right leaving more weight on the LF wheel. Am I thinking right? I have to make changes to the chassis to move it so I want to get it right. Thanks for any input.

Wild Blue 32
11-20-2014, 12:28 PM
Any suggestions?

bmodracer
11-20-2014, 03:00 PM
I you want to loosen on exit, then yes...that should help. I would center the pull bar front to back with the driveshaft first. If that doesn't help enough, move the top mount to the right to give it some angle in that direction.

Wild Blue 32
11-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Thanks. Right now it is 4 inches left of center on the rear end with the chassis mount a little farther left. How big of an adjustment would it be to center it?

Wild Blue 32
11-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Also, how high should it be off the rear end housing?

hammond motorsports
11-23-2014, 08:39 PM
I have a chassis pull down rig ,this is designed to show you what changes on you car when you move stuff around .Endless testing with this pull down rig . 563 659 1153 shop to help you answer any questions . Check out my facebook page I have a lot of pics on there. thank you Dave