PDA

View Full Version : Pull bar questions

racincowboy3
11-24-2014, 01:45 PM
So I just got into a newer car for the upcoming year. My old car had a spring pull bar in it and the new car came with a biscuit bar. my question is what is the difference or is it strictly off of driver preference? is there a reason to carry both for diff track conditions etc? I have only ever used the spring type bar and most of the guys I know all use the spring bar too. Just interested in what the differences are and if I should keep using the spring bar or give the biscuit bar a shot? Thanks for the input and help!

gjohnson
11-24-2014, 02:17 PM
There are pros and cons to both. I think if you are used to the spring bar you should give it a try in the new car and see how it goes. Biscuit bars are okay once you get them adjusted where you want them, preload, etc, but the big draw back is the biscuits fail. Depending on type of biscuit, track conditions, etc you could get as few as two nights out of them. Eight would be a lot of nights. And they are not cheap. Some of the small Quick Car ones are around $15.00 some of the larger AFCO ones are around $60.00. Either way it adds up pretty quick.

racincowboy3
11-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Drivability wise do you see much of a difference?