PDA

View Full Version : Rocket front clip

racerj5
12-01-2014, 08:31 PM
I was given a 99 Rocket chassis by a friend who got a new car. It was hit hard in the right front and will need a complete clip and a right door bar. The rest of the car is straight and has hard brake lines, drivers compartment sheet metal, steering shaft and pedals. Would this car be worth clipping of would I be better off to look for another chassis?Thanks.

7uptruckracer
12-02-2014, 07:37 AM
For what it would cost, and what headaches come with a chassis that old It would be in my opinion in your best interest to find a newer one and transfer what parts you have. You are going to spend about what some good newer chassis will cost. You can find a bare to semi 03-04 Black for about 1,000-1,500.

I was given a 99 Rocket chassis by a friend who got a new car. It was hit hard in the right front and will need a complete clip and a right door bar. The rest of the car is straight and has hard brake lines, drivers compartment sheet metal, steering shaft and pedals. Would this car be worth clipping of would I be better off to look for another chassis?Thanks.