PDA

View Full Version : new chassis

HRT2332
12-03-2014, 09:20 PM
looking to buy another new chassis. Needing a lot of opinions for best chassis. I have two brands Im looking at. I already have a new smackdown. So we are looking for our second car to be a blue front rocket or a pierce. The only thing is there is no pierce chassis in my area what do you all think. Pros and Cons also if you don't care thanks.

Kwoods25
12-04-2014, 06:28 AM
I have always run rockets so I guess you know what I think. I believe Peirce has some nice stuff but like you say they are nowhere close to me either.

hpmaster
12-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Pierce is doing some good things that Rocket seems to of missed. JMHO

hucktyson
12-04-2014, 10:35 AM
I really like my pierce car. Bob will tell you exactly what he's doing on Bobby's car and Mark will lie to your face. The car responds very well to adjustments and steers very well. How bobby runs his may or may not work for you but bobs adjustments will once you establish a baseline for you. If the other national touring guys bolted Bobby's shocks on their chassis they would be watching the a main from the pits instead of winning like he does. Very good car with very good support
If you have any questions about my Experiance dealing with bob you can email me at hucktyson@aol.com.

dirty white boy
12-04-2014, 10:06 PM
BRWC's been winning lot,.long horns too...think rocket needs to play catch up lil bit! both in the carolinas.... id want one from near by as possible but gotta be competitive too...

7uptruckracer
12-05-2014, 07:26 AM
Capital City is doing well, BWRC, Longhorn, Club 29. I love Rocket it's mostly what I deal with but they are off their game. They have always given me great tech support, BUT I think they are playing copy cat to much and the cars are being built according to what Josh likes and he doesn't have a style most anyone has to be honest. In my opinion and this is only around VA and NC the MBH is the hot ticket. We also have some Swartz running really well up in Northern VA. They look to be well made and have good support. Pierce has great support if you go with them they aren't as big of an operation, most any time I've called them I get Mrs. Pierce on the phone. Don't be fooled when a woman answers shes's extremely knowledgeable and field most any question I have, she doesn't seem to know as much on the numbers and intricate things for the Late Model but ask her anything about the modified and she will know it. Shes only had to get Bob to return a phone call once and shes so pleasant, which can go a long way to make you not feel like a number like some companies make you feel unless you spend a fortune with them

keeks
12-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Anyone have any experience with Killer Chassis?

grt74
12-05-2014, 02:36 PM
im always surprized when i see all the chassis mentioned but warrior,if you look at the results there right up there with all the other top pieces but for some reason they fly under the radar,all chassis for the most part will win,its knowing how and when to adjust your racecar that wins races,but all the above are good pieces and yes feed back would be a big factor too,

GRTLRBITE
12-05-2014, 05:51 PM
GRT racecars are real good, we have a G13 and we are real happy with it

grt74
12-05-2014, 07:13 PM
GRT racecars are real good, we have a G13 and we are real happy with it
yes sir they are,should have mentioned them also,guys are making money putting there own twist on cars(people think there getting something different than the factory stuff),the top guys that know how a car works will always be up front,I've always said that but i will say in todays national level of late model racing it seems like you need a couple of guys that will share info back and forth to keep ahead of the competion or a top notch setup/shock(there now called engineers) people on the team,on the national level the 2nd or 3rd place guy might be off a tenth(and i would say its less than that,except for the world this year,he was in his own zip code)the top guys do what it takes to get up front,test,break out the hot wrench and redesign,test and so on,most of the time its a 1/4 to 1/2" here or there thats the difference and you won't see it with your eye unless you break out the tape measure or its a huge development

HRT2332
12-06-2014, 07:56 PM
I see what all you are saying but I don't think the best chassis has to be the most expensive chassis. I did talk to a racer/dealer for the pierce cars that is closer than bob is. He talks about how helpful and how he keeps in touch until your issues is fixed. How he went an got the shocks they were running and told a guy to see if that helped him. I have heard some of the same things about rocket you said 7uptruckracer. thanks for the comments it helps keep them coming e still have some thinking to do. by the way there is a rocket dealer with a jig in our back door.

LM14
12-06-2014, 08:58 PM
If I were to get back into late models, I would go straight back to Warrior. Last 2 cars we had were
Warriors. Very well built cars, no wasted space, nicely laid out, great support and good to talk to.

SPark

Speedy Jones
12-07-2014, 05:15 AM
Take a look at TRAK-STAR! WON THEIR FOURTH NeSMITH CHEVROLET WRS CHASSIS CHAMPIONSHIP. A very well built and SAFE car. Lots of cars for sale on their FB page. https://www.facebook.com/trakstarracecars

hpmaster
12-07-2014, 05:25 AM
Take a look at TRAK-STAR! WON THEIR FOURTH NeSMITH CHEVROLET WRS CHASSIS CHAMPIONSHIP. A very well built and SAFE car. Lots of cars for sale on their FB page. https://www.facebook.com/trakstarracecars

TrakStar beat GRT for the chassis maker championship in NeSMITH again in 2014. Should be pretty telling when a guy who has built just over 200 chassis beats two companys that have made thousands, GRT was 2nd and Rocket was 3rd.

LITE-INN
12-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Wow whoopee

Matt49
12-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Wow whoopee

As usual...nothing constructive to say

PushinTheLimit
12-08-2014, 10:32 AM
It was my understanding that when I was first looking into getting a dirt late model, that the main cars in my area (east TN) was Rocket, Mastersbilt, GRT and Warrior. I had a chance to drive a Mastersbilt Gen-X and a Rocket blue and I really liked how the Rocket felt on a slick track.

So far, almost every time when the track slicks off during the night... my car feels like it's getting better and better. Or maybe just doesn't fall off as much as the other guys are. I struggle to free it up early in the night (tacky) but I think that's more of a problem with the driver than the car. So far, I've been very happy with my Rocket blue front and every time I've had an issue, the Rocket guys have been helpful to me. Also being that alot of guys have Rockets, you can bounce ideas off of them if they are willing to tell you stuff.

jcm51
12-08-2014, 02:39 PM
If I had the opportunity to buy a new late model chassis it'd be a Lazer from Bernhiesiel. Well crafted race cars. (Currently running Mastersbilts)

hucktyson
12-13-2014, 05:08 PM
When I see someone contesting crown jewel wins in a lazer I will acknowledge them as a force . Bob Pierce has a 17 yr old driver out there competing for crown jewel wins. Bob is a good
Guy and doesn't try hiding anything. Any chassis builders answer to your question will
Only be as good as the question and context presented to them. Just like anywhere in life stupid questions get stupid answers. I honestly think the pierce race car and the tech assistance from
Bob provides me the best opportunity to
Race a limited schedule and attempt to run crown jewel races. If
I didn't think that I would get something else.

Brian Gray
12-13-2014, 05:35 PM
After seeing Freddy carpenters piece at PRI im gonna say call kryptonite ! I hope I can work out a deal if so that's where I'm going. And you talk about a genuine bunch those guys are as real as it gets!

Necrosis
12-14-2014, 08:00 AM
GRT racecars are real good, we have a G13 and we are real happy with itI have the one just newer than that. However, I can't tell you anything else. It's G14 classified.

hucktyson
12-14-2014, 09:37 AM
Gray let me get this straight ..... If the carpenters give you a free race car you will run a kyrptonite ??? Lol lol lol lol what drugs are you on ??? By the way I checked into your " R&D " with fox shocks and they dude has never heard of you .... Huge surprise there ...

LITE-INN
12-14-2014, 10:32 AM
hey matt49 who cares about crates

Matt49
12-14-2014, 12:21 PM
hey matt49 who cares about crates

Apparently you, as the first person to bring up crates on this thread...

You've made two posts today in the tech section. Neither of which were helpful or even on topic.

What is it that you race again???

LITE-INN
12-14-2014, 12:27 PM
TrakStar beat GRT for the chassis maker championship in NeSMITH again in 2014. Should be pretty telling when a guy who has built just over 200 chassis beats two companys that have made thousands, GRT was 2nd and Rocket was 3rd. APPARENTLY YOUR TO STUPID TO READ ALSO

LITE-INN
12-14-2014, 12:28 PM
apparently you, as the first person to bring up crates on this thread...

You've made two posts today in the tech section. Neither of which were helpful or even on topic.

What is it that you race again???

and you actually race really i can wh tourname has never come up as a winner

Matt49
12-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Sorry I missed the NeSmith reference but I didn't say anything about NeSmith or crates so why would you ask me who cares about crates?
Is there a point coming from you in our future or are you going to spread your brand of idiocy here in the tech section that has earned you such a great reputation in the gossip section?
Frankly, if I wrote the way you do I would be embarrassed to post on a public forum.
What's really funny and ironic is what you typed in an attempt to insult my intelligience:
APPARENTLY YOUR TO STUPID TO READ ALSO

YOUR is a possessive word meaning that something belongs to you. Example: Your grades in English must have been awful.
YOU'RE is a contraction for "you are". Example: You're looking even more idiotic in the tech section than you do in the gossip section.
And it is TOO stupid, not TO.
If anybody is taking bests on who is TOO stupid TO read, I'm sure the overwhelming odds on favorite is you my illiterate friend.

LITE-INN
12-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Sorry I missed the NeSmith reference but I didn't say anything about NeSmith or crates so why would you ask me who cares about crates?
Is there a point coming from you in our future or are you going to spread your brand of idiocy here in the tech section that has earned you such a great reputation in the gossip section?
Frankly, if I wrote the way you do I would be embarrassed to post on a public forum.
What's really funny and ironic is what you typed in an attempt to insult my intelligience:
APPARENTLY YOUR TO STUPID TO READ ALSO

YOUR is a possessive word meaning that something belongs to you. Example: Your grades in English must have been awful.
YOU'RE is a contraction for "you are". Example: You're looking even more idiotic in the tech section than you do in the gossip section.
And it is TOO stupid, not TO.
If anybody is taking bests on who is TOO stupid TO read, I'm sure the overwhelming odds on favorite is you my illiterate friend.

I can read j just can type you know the feelling you have a race car but can't win a race

Matt49
12-14-2014, 12:55 PM
But back on topic...I don't see why Lazer couldn't be successful on a national level if they had more cars. I just don't think that is their business model. There are several builders out there making a pretty decent living making good cars without the need to crank out 300 a year to prove it.

LITE-INN
12-14-2014, 01:02 PM
But back on topic...I don't see why Lazer couldn't be successful on a national level if they had more cars. I just don't think that is their business model. There are several builders out there making a pretty decent living making good cars without the need to crank out 300 a year to prove it.

Is your ass jealous of the amount of (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) that just came out of your mouth ,is your last name gray or hodgkiss

Matt49
12-14-2014, 01:03 PM
I can read j just can type you know the feelling you have a race car but can't win a race

Not being able to type is no excuse for not being able to proof read your own writing unless you can't read.
I promise I won more races this year than you did.
I'm done responding to you hear as you are pretty much just trolling me personally and ruining this thread for everybody else. So if you want to discuss it one-on-one instead of continuing to have me make you look stupid on here, my number is in the reputation comment I just sent you.

LITE-INN
12-14-2014, 01:31 PM
Keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent!

LITE-INN
12-14-2014, 01:32 PM
I don't care about reps I am not in school no more

Matt49
12-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Whether you care about reps or not, you now have my phone number.
If you have a problem with someone personally, take it up with the person. That's what most men do.
If you get your jollies trolling Internet forums and gossiping on topics you know nothing about, do that. That's what most women do.
Spineless as your are, I doubt you're enough man or woman to do either effectively.
I'm done responding to you on here after this. If you want to go back and forth with me, you know how to reach me.

LITE-INN
12-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Hey, I heard you went to the butcher and asked for 10 cents worth of dog meat and he asked you if you wanted it wrapped or if you would eat it on the spot.

LITE-INN
12-14-2014, 01:48 PM
I heard that you were a lady-killer. They take one look at you and die of shock and by your pics I believe it

hsracer
12-14-2014, 01:51 PM
Thought this was a topic about somebody asking about a new chassis.

grt74
12-14-2014, 05:37 PM
Thought this was a topic about somebody asking about a new chassis.

this is why i don't post as much anymore,some people just want to argue,all the chassis mentioned will win and pierce does have a good piece and if i where to choose between the two i would pick pierce over rocket,just because I'm for the little man and there getting it done too,also the price is reasonable

Racer63
12-14-2014, 09:38 PM
The guy is a first class azz and why the moderators of this board have never banned him is beyond me. Useless POS.

powerslide
12-15-2014, 11:27 AM
The guy is a first class azz and why the moderators of this board have never banned him is beyond me. Useless POS.

See his post count? Thats why. He runs the hits on this site up. Wether its usless banter or not the people they show numbers to dont know. All about the benjamin's.

RSS
12-15-2014, 02:58 PM
Call me stupid, but shat is a Kryptonitr chassis?

Matt49
12-15-2014, 04:35 PM
Call me stupid, but shat is a Kryptonitr chassis?

http://www.kryptoniteracecars.com/

RSS
12-16-2014, 07:21 AM
Now anybody know anything of them?

HuckleberryB4
12-16-2014, 08:07 AM
After the song, I can't take them serious. lol

RSS
12-16-2014, 09:43 AM
After the song, I can't take them serious. lolKinda reminded me of TNT website

7uptruckracer
12-16-2014, 10:23 AM
I had to add the SCD Idiot to the ignore list. I have no idea why people act that way. Sorry for anyone that has to read eyewash back and forth because of him.

mattworx
12-16-2014, 10:47 AM

so true so true! all ill say is if you understood what was said what's the problem . I am lousy at English but I build great motors and cars and we win with them .
I was told one time you now the difference between a race car driver and a English major is? a driver can win races, a English major can only wright about it . witch would you want to be
this is what it feels like when you win a race (my son and grandson)

Matt49
12-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Just go shoot yourself or suck on some exhaust in a confined space, if your about to start critiquing spelling on a race forum or grammar..

Maybe you should look up what karma means...
And I think you're missing the point SCD. I'm not calling people stupid while simultaneously looking uneducated by not being able to complete a sentence. Do you not see the irony and humor there? Yes, spelling and grammatical errors are to be expected from time to time in any setting but when you want to make an attempt to insult someone's intelligence, it's taken a lot more seriously if you don't write like you're on a first grade reading level which is what your friend LITE does pretty consistently.

You and LITE have a lot in common. Most of your posts are insulting and attempt chop people down. Anytime you see me doing that, it's in direct response to an idiotic comment, not just for the sake of being an @ss.

Matt49
12-16-2014, 12:02 PM
so true so true! all ill say is if you understood what was said what's the problem . I am lousy at English but I build great motors and cars and we win with them .
I was told one time you now the difference between a race car driver and a English major is? a driver can win races, a English major can only wright about it . witch would you want to be
this is what it feels like when you win a race (my son and grandson)

That's fantastic! I've won plenty of races in other forms of racing. Picked up our first feature win in a late model last year BUT it was a non-winners feature so...we'll keep up in the top 5 and find the extra tenth or so we need to be consistently up front. For us, it's mostly between the seat and the steering wheel. I've never denied that. The guys that consistently out run us have decades of driving experience in late models where I've got a little more than 100 nights behind the wheel.
None of this information discredits any of the technical assistance I have helped people with on this board. I get PMs from people all the time thanking me for their help after they have taken a suggestion and made it work for them. Maybe I should quit helping people. I guess it doesn't benefit me any. We could certainly get our car faster (everybody can) but it's mostly seat time that I need.
Most of the information I provide on here is pretty spot-on although you and I have had differences of opinion. But the fact is that some people on this site are just agitators; it's all they know how to do. On the other hand, people like you, even SCD, and I actually contribute information to this site that people can use. Then people like LITE ruin it for everybody . I've added him to ignore as it's just best not to feed the trolls I think.
The gossip section of this board used to be a great place to get information about dirt racing from a fan perspective. Those days are long gone. Now it might as well be a girls high school bathroom. No thread gets past the first page without a bunch of garbage. I just don't want the same thing to become of the tech sections. They help a lot of people, myself included.

Matt49
12-16-2014, 12:06 PM
SCD,
When did I proclaim myself a genius? Please refer me to some of this "nonsense" you're talking about.

hucktyson
12-16-2014, 12:28 PM
I can tell everyone this for sure .... I drove a steel head limited late with 525hP then a spec with 625 and now open motors with 800+ and the 800 is 10 times harder to drive than the small stuff was and the crate is taking that to a whole different level . For years I have ran 430's with 2.125" of pedal travel ... Try that sometime ...

Ralphy
12-17-2014, 05:18 AM
We won a lot of races this year after we used advise. Turned our whole season around. Glad I don't have him on my ignore list or we would still suck. Just sayin!!!!

mattworx
12-17-2014, 09:48 AM
SCD,hi
When did I proclaim myself a genius? Please refer me to some of this "nonsense" you're talking about.
hi matt may name is matt I don't know you and you don't know me so I just want you to understand where I come from ,looking down on someone for how they speak ,write, dress, look is very childish. take time to think before you write and don't be emotional . I all ways do . I now what the fallout is going to be wile I am writing it . I don't get upset over words ,they are just that, words. I learn from everyone that opens there mouth young or old even when there being a AZZ. I guess that's how I learned how to build cars and race . I am not the smartest person around but after running my machine shop for 18 years working for another shop for 16 years ,winning 27 features and 1 track champion ship , I maybe know something.
i understand that's not many compared to professionals but doing this with my wife and kids while earning a living, wile working for some one I think its ok . I put my son as the driver after the champion ship and I became the crew chief . I am not telling you this to blow my own horn ,just don't think you are the only enlightened racer out there. To me you sound like you know something and if you listen more and keep your attitude in check you might earn respect . I am guessing your 25ish with a engineering background ,nascar school maybe , i could be wrong and I am sometimes . All am saying is ignore us that offend you and put all this in perspective ! in a minute or 100 years no one will care what was said or how it was spelled.
matt you can take this 2 ways I hope you can take it as I intended as a little constructive criticism . I get criticized sometimes myself, its founded sometimes , but I don't belittle anyone even if they deserve it ! its just not cool
to how it may concern I have been wanting a red dot and finely got one! only people that are insecure don't leave there names

Matt49
12-17-2014, 10:27 AM
hi matt may name is matt I don't know you and you don't know me so I just want you to understand where I come from ,looking down on someone for how they speak ,write, dress, look is very childish. take time to think before you write and don't be emotional . I all ways do . I now what the fallout is going to be wile I am writing it . I don't get upset over words ,they are just that, words. I learn from everyone that opens there mouth young or old even when there being a AZZ. I guess that's how I learned how to build cars and race . I am not the smartest person around but after running my machine shop for 18 years working for another shop for 16 years ,winning 27 features and 1 track champion ship , I maybe know something.
i understand that's not many compared to professionals but doing this with my wife and kids while earning a living, wile working for some one I think its ok . I put my son as the driver after the champion ship and I became the crew chief . I am not telling you this to blow my own horn ,just don't think you are the only enlightened racer out there. To me you sound like you know something and if you listen more and keep your attitude in check you might earn respect . I am guessing your 25ish with a engineering background ,nascar school maybe , i could be wrong and I am sometimes . All am saying is ignore us that offend you and put all this in perspective ! in a minute or 100 years no one will care what was said or how it was spelled.
matt you can take this 2 ways I hope you can take it as I intended as a little constructive criticism . I get criticized sometimes myself, its founded sometimes , but I don't belittle anyone even if they deserve it ! its just not cool
to how it may concern I have been wanting a red dot and finely got one! only people that are insecure don't leave there names

I completely understand what you're saying and I don't take that the wrong way at all. Constructive criticism is one thing...people being trolls is another. I respond differently to both :-) Trolls took over the gossip section of this site and ruined it for everybody. The tech section has been fine until pretty recently. Best advice is to ignore the trolls but most of the time I can't help myself. That makes the ignore feature of this site pretty nice :-) Then I don't have to worry about it.
For what it's worth, you didn't get a red dot from me. Any rep I have ever left anybody (which is very little) has been green or gray and signed.
Cheers

hpmaster
12-17-2014, 10:41 AM
This was a pretty good thread, at least I thought so, for a while. But then we get the 4M multiple banned troll finding a simple oversight or misunderstanding and off the rails the thread goes. Then as we start arguing about phonics or grammar he is gone, the rep flys and any worth while pupose past a stupid 8th grade fart joke is gone. Put the blame where the blame should go Lite-Inn.

Matt49
12-17-2014, 11:00 AM
You're ultimately correct HP. But all I had to do was ignore him and we'd still be talking about chassis :-)

Speaking of which...someone asked about Kryptonite. I had never heard of them until I saw a picture of their show car at PRI. I checked out their website over the weekend and (as somebody else stated) that music is atrocious. I couldn't find from the site who is actually building them. The contact info has an email address of derickh@kryptoniteracecars.com and a phone number. The "About Us" page doesn't really say anything about them.
I'm sure someone could call if really interested or maybe somebody else on here knows something about them.

Edited: I did notice there is a picture on their page of Tyler Carpenter and it says co-owner Kryptonite Race Cars.

7uptruckracer
12-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Hey I got one from a Troll. They also seem to be the newest to the board, they have to keep changing names so they can keep up their ways. Matt is very informative. Doesn't act like a know it all. He provides physics based facts, sometimes we might not always agree but you can even pull tidbits from info you don't agree with and find something that works for you.

Matt49
12-17-2014, 11:07 AM
And this fills in a couple more pieces of the puzzle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTb5d2Z1FXo

stock car driver
12-17-2014, 01:58 PM
You're ultimately correct HP. But all I had to do was ignore him and we'd still be talking about chassis :-)

Bingo

dirty white boy
12-18-2014, 03:22 PM
theres a wealth or racing knowledge on this form but last year or so every thread turns into a "im god your stupid" discussion,..its so bad i quit coming on here for about 8 months,..just started coming back round here few weeks ago an it ant done nuttun but got worse,..got news for yall,..every body races at there own mental an budget level,..and there always more than the best/highest cost way to get it done, what works for poor joe racing ant the same as what works for endless budget racing,..whats best for a experienced racer ant same for newbies,...and some yall forget what its like to be inexperienced....and then theres alotta "its my way or stupid" on here too,..to many witts matching contest and then its not bout racing no more and name calling and non spelling/grammer gets throwed out there,...theres a lot of yall do that one not just matt,...idk if a person can read write type whatever if he knows something bout racing an willing to share im all ears and eyes...i cant spell chit and spellcheck dont always help ether....7 years ago i built my first sportsman car in my front yard with knowledge an wisdom i found here on this fourm,..in the middle of putting together my first late model,..sadly i dont come here much for info on that,....on a side note,..dang i miss bill h on here....been going down hill since he passed....yall keep on arguing tho',...springer might get into racing forums soon....

fastford
12-18-2014, 03:56 PM
I hear you DWB, but there is still a lot of priceless knowledge on here, you just need thick skin and over look the bull chitters.

PushinTheLimit
12-18-2014, 04:25 PM
I've only been racing dirt late models for one year, but I've picked up tons of little small ideas from those with much more vast knowledge than me on here. I'm a first generation driver with a family that really has no racing background so I've pretty much been blazing my own trails when it comes to DLM's. Lots of good stuff in the tech sections here to help newbies like me.

grt74
12-18-2014, 08:51 PM
theres a wealth or racing knowledge on this form but last year or so every thread turns into a "im god your stupid" discussion,..its so bad i quit coming on here for about 8 months,..just started coming back round here few weeks ago an it ant done nuttun but got worse,..got news for yall,..every body races at there own mental an budget level,..and there always more than the best/highest cost way to get it done, what works for poor joe racing ant the same as what works for endless budget racing,..whats best for a experienced racer ant same for newbies,...and some yall forget what its like to be inexperienced....and then theres alotta "its my way or stupid" on here too,..to many witts matching contest and then its not bout racing no more and name calling and non spelling/grammer gets throwed out there,...theres a lot of yall do that one not just matt,...idk if a person can read write type whatever if he knows something bout racing an willing to share im all ears and eyes...i cant spell chit and spellcheck dont always help ether....7 years ago i built my first sportsman car in my front yard with knowledge an wisdom i found here on this fourm,..in the middle of putting together my first late model,..sadly i dont come here much for info on that,....on a side note,..dang i miss bill h on here....been going down hill since he passed....yall keep on arguing tho',...springer might get into racing forums soon....
hope I'm not part of that,but i agree

mattworx
12-20-2014, 06:05 AM
I've only been racing dirt late models for one year, but I've picked up tons of little small ideas from those with much more vast knowledge than me on here. I'm a first generation driver with a family that really has no racing background so I've pretty much been blazing my own trails when it comes to DLM's. Lots of good stuff in the tech sections here to help newbies like me.
its great that you went racing I am the first in my family also, but I am getting old and my son is the star now and he's pretty good . I am sure his son will also race .my daughter raced only for a little wile ,one win ( grand kids are more important) . looking through all the info is great it helps a lot . I have found calling and talking to racer that are selling or getting out of racing a bigger help . I ask about how there car worked or didn't work and what they did or didn't do .we exchange knowledge that would take any racer seasons to figure out . racer that are selling the same car you race is a good resource that helps every body

Jim11h
12-21-2014, 11:26 AM
lots of stupid (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) that just wasted 10 mins of my life i'll never get back....least learned one thing of newer chassis co.

dirty white boy
12-23-2014, 01:56 AM
guess i struck a nerve somewheres,..gotta bad rating on my last comment!! o well,..probably get added to someones ignore list if i try....

mattworx
12-23-2014, 06:55 AM
Nice story till you say u call racers and waste their time digging for info.
you don't think they learn anything from me ? I have found most racer are good people and want other racers to succeed . I for one help racers as much as I can .
you might think about that when a newbie spins out ,or gets lapped and stuff you in the wall .
all that because you didn't help him get his car to hook up a little better . I found ill help allot just up to when they can race along side me then its up to the racer to learn the rest
Merry Christmas

kiwi1955
12-25-2014, 05:54 PM
I'm a new member and have found the tech forum to be very helpful. On the Killer Chassis query I have a 2013 Killer and my advice is : caveat emptor

TLM4t4
12-25-2014, 08:39 PM
So what are you saying stock car driver, you don't share info or knowledge for the blue collar racer who has to buy used products, or calls questioning about what your selling? As you are putting those folks in your time wasting section of your phone they could strike up a major sponsor for next year and they wanna buy 2 of everything. It don't matter if I sell a guy a lug nut, I would treat him with the same value and respect as all the other guys that buy high end stuff! I'm not a parts salesman, but I treat everyone with respect and loyalty.

mattworx
12-26-2014, 07:48 AM
I cant be more clear... When I advertised my stock car for sale last year a few new people made the ignore list on my phone. Calling on a car for sale is NOT how you get tech or set up help...
i feel for you scd all I can say is WOW !!! I hope that when you get stuffed in the wall you don't get hurt ! because I think you need some time to work your issues out .I am going to take the high road here because clearly you have taken the low road. I am thinking you need a lesson in how DLR works;first ? what do you do when the NEW car you bought doesn't work and the chassis builder don't return calls or answer any ? unless you are at the track he's at ,now remember your 800 miles away on different tires and tracks he's never seen .what do you do???? .well there's what smart people do and that's ask anyone and everyone ,read everything and try it all.
the people you are talking about like me all talk about our cars, your just not on the list because you don't have enough knowledge to help us get faster. I take it as a complement when asked about something .we of course race the top class with more adjustments on one corner of our car then in your hole car ,making it a little harder then what you do to set up a car.
you give everybody crap on here and all you do is make yourself look like a AZZ . I almost sank to your level but i erased 2 paragraphs worth. i guess that's way you get beat !you don't listen
I hope you and yours had a merry Christmas
matt

50j
12-26-2014, 09:51 AM
I get what SCD is saying about the fishing for info. If you're up front about it and tell a guy that you're looking for info most are willing to help. To call someone when they're trying to earn a living and use a ruse to try to find info is disrespectful of another man's time. Just the way I see it. Back on track.

MM90
12-26-2014, 10:03 AM
I get what SCD is saying about the fishing for info. If you're up front about it and tell a guy that you're looking for info most are willing to help. To call someone when they're trying to earn a living and use a ruse to try to find info is disrespectful of another man's time. Just the way I see it. Back on track.

Agree^^^^^

mattworx
12-26-2014, 03:12 PM
Agree^^^^^

yep I understand what SCD is saying too but I always tell the other person I am talking too what and why I am asking question for.
like I said all a can say is WOW!

hucktyson
12-26-2014, 05:19 PM
I understand SCD's point. If he makes his living selling racing parts and racing it's completely understandable him not wanting to waste his time with someone not interested in buying ...

HRT2332
12-30-2014, 09:55 PM
when im looking for the new car is the taller cage a plus in the handling department. Ive talked to some drivers and seen other drivers change to the taller cage and what is the reason for changing.

MM90
12-31-2014, 08:16 AM
Taller cage makes it easier to get in out and out of the car. Mainly for safety, not sure if there are any performance aspects to it.

hpmaster
12-31-2014, 09:13 AM
After racing years in topless LM events I have to believe you are getting some more air on the spoiler with a taller cage.