PDA

View Full Version : New rear end placement in car

scmo777
12-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Looking for some advice and direction, I am installing a brand new 60" rear end in my sportmod and know my measurements from the engine plate to the centerline of the rear end (72"), but need help on how to place it in there from side to side. Do I just align it with the driveline and trans, or is there another way to center it in the car. Don't want it to far to one side or the other and don't want to just eyeball it. thanks for the help.

Dirtracer50
12-08-2014, 10:28 PM
I've always been told to align the left side tires when putting a rear end under a car. The chassis builder may have better information for you but that's how I've always done mine when I was unsure.

LFMotorsports
12-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Simple agreement. Might start with it with Left Side tires lined up. BUT, make sure you have adjustment in the j-bar because you might want to make a change if you don't get enough LR drive. Your installation will be a starting point, might be moved to get what the car needs. Just something to keep in mind.

MattMitchell
12-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Which direction would you move it from side to side to increase forward drive? Also installing a new rear end and we squared ours in off the motor plate which put everything inline. Trans driveshaft and squared the rear end that way too then put reference marks on the chassis for quick referance

setup479point2
12-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Moving it left tightens car . I wouldn't consider this as a forward bite adjustment .

scmo777
12-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the help i will try this and see how it looks and then adjust from there. i also used the motor plate to square for the 72" measurement but didnt know if there was a trick for the left and right. but someone did say make the tranny, drivline and rearend straight.