PDA

View Full Version : Stock car practice Sat, Dec 27th

DAN4523ANTIOCH
12-14-2014, 05:59 AM
At Antioch Speedway, Morganton, NC 28655 North Carolina's fastest Half Mile Dirt Track.

I thought I'd take a minute and help Jason Spread the word.

Jason Smoot has been working very hard on the weekends at Antioch Speedway getting the track in great shape for race cars. He's had heavy equipment working the track the past several weekends and after today, he says it's time to just add water and race!!!!

He will hold his first test and tune practice day on Saturday, December 27th.

I'm sure he will be on here with details in the next day or two, but I wanted to go ahead and let people know so they can tell their friends who might not visit online forums or Facebook pages.

People can get the most up to date information on the speedway at Jason's new Facebook page for the speedway named The New Antioch Speedway.

Jim and I wish him the best. He has proven to us that he is going to put his heart and soul into the place, and we are excited to see what he can do with it. He's had help from alot of great people over the past several weeks and can continue to use more help on the weekends through the winter as he tackles even more projects he wants to do before opening for the 2015 race season. I was at the speedway today helping to get the place ready for the 27th and will help him all I can through the winter on whatever he wants to work on that particular weekend. But come next race season when the race season starts, you will find me on the backstretch, when I can be there, enjoying racing as a race fan for the first time in two decades. I'll be hooting and hollaring with the best of ya'll. We'll have some fun watching these cars fly around the speedway. from the looks of the track today, the place is going to be REAL FAST!!! I've posted some of the pictures of their work. One of the pictures shows Carolina Grading in a loader working that front-stretch and turn 1, and the other shows all the hours Jason put in grading and sheep's footing the speedway.

If you have some time to help him on the weekends give him a hollar. I know he has guard rail projects he wants to work on over the winter as well as painting and simple maintenance projects going into the race season. One other way people can really help him get the half mile speedway back up and running is simply to help spread the word about his events. This first event, the Saturday after Christmas, will be a good start. I'm sure he will allow any type of race car to come practice there on the 27th.

Can't wait to see ya'll at the speedway!!!

Danny

DAN4523ANTIOCH
12-24-2014, 07:54 AM
Forecast right now on weather.com is calling for 62 degrees and mostly sunny for Jason's first practice day.

Wow!!! 60 degrees this close to new years!!!

Check him out on Facebook at The New Antioch Speedway or come out Saturday and check out the half mile track.

Jason's # is 336-902-7735