PDA

View Full Version : saginaw or automatic trans

scmo777
12-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Looking for some advise, been racing IMCA Sportmod and currently am running a saginaw 3 speed with a Quartermaster 7.25 pro clutch and throwout bearing, I have been offered a TCI Automatic trans for my car for a pretty fair price. I just went through the saginaw and clutch and replaced all of the parts so they are basically new. I also have a back up for both. Thinking about the change but don't have any experience with the TCI, I dont know what to look for or what parts should come with this. Is this something to look at or should i just keep what I have. Thanks ahead for the info.

dereksehi
12-19-2014, 07:02 PM
I'm a die hard manual guy and I never would have guessed that either if you don't mind me asking how much difference was there on the dyno?

dereksehi
12-19-2014, 08:12 PM
Ok as another racer who has done a lot of r and d I understand but thanks for the info you did give.

scmo777
12-20-2014, 12:01 AM
From my understanding I don't have to run a torque converter for my clas so it has a direct drive and the valves and other bling stuff is internal. So I also heard that helps. Also talked to a tranny guy and he is saying the same thing. Only thing I don't know yet is how many nights it has on it so may have to rebuild. But all of you are saying what I first thought. Sell for a loss and spend more money. As the saying goes, if you want to be fast it only cost $$$$$$$$$$. Thanks for all you input guys

29 avenger
12-20-2014, 06:56 AM
We run Usra what about pg vs bert Thanks Jeff

NAYRBNYLF
12-20-2014, 03:52 PM
Who Sells a good coupling and pump drive shaft? I've heardThat you should get the one with the shaft collar instead of the Snap ring?This is my first time running a pg (this is in a b mod)