PDA

View Full Version : changing 4 link to 3 link

motorsports12
12-20-2014, 01:57 PM
new rules for 2015 - what all needs to be changed or added to go from a 4 bar set up to a 3 link setup - I was currently running it as z-link on both sides with a biscuit bar on top of the rearend housing and a j-bar to the left side

72Dubya
12-21-2014, 11:42 AM
either lock your birdcages and remove both upper links, or remove birdcages completely and get weld on or clamp on brackets for your right and left side links.

That's it.

I have seen guys that can switch their car from 3-link to 4-link at a racetrack with a simple turn of the wrench and adding their upper bars.

There may be some adjustments you'll need to do, but I am no expert in that, so hopefully someone else can chime in on that and maybe point out any mistakes in my method.

racin6mod
01-01-2015, 10:41 AM
you can put clamp brackets beside each birdcage that would allow you to lock them up with a bolt and spacer bushing. the clamp brackets are welded in place and you would need to drill a hole in your birdcages for the lock bolt. that way if you travel to another track you can go back to 4 bar or in your case z link.

give the 3 link rule change you may also want or need to add frame mounts that would allow more angle in your lr bar.