PDA

View Full Version : leaf spring question

campw
12-27-2014, 11:36 AM
would a leaf spring car be good in a b mod with vacuum rule would you be competitive tires g60 or kk704 against 3 bar cars any in put

dereksehi
12-28-2014, 05:22 PM
Yes a leaf car if setup right will not only compete but has the possibility to beat 3-link cars. What are the rules for the leaf springs and the 3-link cars?

MM90
12-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Every Racemart FR-1 that I have seen has been competitive in the B-Mod class. Just not very many people run them.

campw
12-29-2014, 08:00 PM
heres the 3 link rules one lower control arm with 1 inch tolerance ,one upper control arm ,pullbar or liftbar,spring sliders permitted j bar must be minimum 19 inch leaf rules steel mono or multi stack leaf springs coil springs must mount on top of rear end housing adjustable alumium blocks allowd pull bar or lift arm no panhard or j bar no adjustable shocks allowed on either rear suspsion

campw
12-29-2014, 08:04 PM
the chassis is a early 2000 model buzzard

setup479point2
12-29-2014, 08:40 PM
So you can actually run a monoleaf with liftarm . I'd do that over either the leafspring or 3 link I think . All will work , biggest thing with the monoleaf , no one will have any parts in stock. Want to know more message me .

dereksehi
12-29-2014, 09:47 PM
If its a buzzard chassis I would give mike a call he is very knowledgeable and helpful. I just bought a brand new leaf chassis from him mine is a stack leaf car but I think the way he set his cars up when the rules permit a mono was a stack one the left clamp mono on the right without a liftarm but a 90/10 on top of the housing.

Krooser
12-29-2014, 09:48 PM
Lot of leeway in those rules. A leaf car is great on a tacky or rough track. You could run a fast boys set-up under those rules. Buzzards seem to be pretty good… you can call the builder to get set-up info.

I'm rebuilding an older leaf dirt super stock to run in WISSOTA. When I mention the chassis I'm using to guys who have been around a few years they all smile and tell me I should be more than competitive with my car.

Good luck.

setup479point2
12-29-2014, 10:37 PM
Worked with Derek this last season . When he said he was getting this new chassis I told him to do just what the chassis maker says , so talk to the chassis builder . Here's some advice for everyone here ; listen to ONE set up guy ONLY , until you just can't make his stuff work , then you can find someone else .