PDA

View Full Version : ARK-LA-Tex Promod tires questions.

rnoswal
01-05-2015, 11:25 PM
It has been a while since I have been here. The only track close enough for me to do some dirt track racing is the above mentioned in Vivian Louisiana. Nice place but (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) do they ever love changing the rules each year!

I started racing in a class that is called Promod in 2014. The cars are just an older 3 link modified. The center bar has to be solid and no air controlled shocks. 9 in rear end any offset and rr tire can (will) have a beadlock. Anything goes with the engine, carb and fuel but the tires must be either F40 or F45 Hoosiers up front with only an F56 on the right rear and an F45 on the left rear. 15 inch, 8 or 10 inch width. No siping, grooving this slick tire. I don't know the basic compound ratings originally for these tires and there is no mention of a minimum durometer reading. There is not supposed to be any tire softening but grinding is not mentioned.

I really need any info if possible with these tires. Any sites that might have info would be great. 2350 min weight, no percentage rules and the lower trailing arms can be adjusted to promote rear steer and to pull the left rear under and getting a lot more left rear under power. There are many aspects to racing on dirt and I understand that. I mostly am just giving basic info for the class but I really would like any info on these tires. The track is a very close 3/8 and about 30 to 35 degree banking and almost always turning.

Thanks for any help.

Russ Lawson