PDA

View Full Version : Anti squat and rear steer on a 3 link

Wild Blue 32
01-07-2015, 09:57 AM
My question is when setting bar angles on a three link do the trailing arms create anti squat or is it the pull bar? Say you have 20 degree angle on your pull bar and you want dynamic rear steer. By putting angle in the trailing arms when the car rolls over the right trailing arm flattens out moving the right wheel back and the left trailing arm gains angle moving the left wheel forward creating the rear steer. Does the added angle in the left trailing arm put added wedge in the car or is it the mounting point of the pull bar on the rear end that determines how the wheels are loaded left verses right when on the gas. I guess what I'm asking is when putting angle in the trailing arms for rear steer should I worry about adding dynamic wedge with the added angle or is it the pull bar that determines the wheel loading or is it a combination of both?

7uptruckracer
01-07-2015, 10:16 AM
All three create some but the Pull Bar is the main factor. You Trailing arms intersect with the imaginary line formed by the top link angle and that intersection point back to your contact patch is your thrust angle for that side.