PDA

View Full Version : Needing advice new to open wheel

emtb85
01-10-2015, 11:53 AM
I have build and raced street stocks for the past 5years and was thinking about moving up. A buddy of mine gave me a rolling chassis he got in a trade. He said he was told it was a 2006 swartz has a 4 link with a z-bar, sopose to have a chevelle front stub but not sure of that. There is no number id tag on the chassis. So it might not even be a swartz but the questons i have is it even worth putting money into it to run it. The chassis is straight. It needs a front bumper because who ever had it cut the original one off and to put the body back on. All help your be appreciated. Thanks

zeroracing
01-11-2015, 02:22 PM
Call Audie first and see, he would be able to tell you if he built it or not. The Swartz late models have an id tag where the steering colum brace welds on.

QQQQ
01-11-2015, 04:55 PM
Is it worth putting the money into? To answer that I guess you have to ask yourself what your goals are in racing it? If your goal is to compete for the win every night against the best of the best, then no its not worth it. If your goal is to have fun and learn as you go, then yes. Only you have the answer to that question.

emtb85
01-11-2015, 05:57 PM
I emailed him and thats what he told be and its not there anywhere. Im just looking to have fun and learn with it but what has me worried is if i happen to bend something on it how hard will it be to try and find replacement parts on a chassis that we dont know what it is.

washeduptoo
01-11-2015, 07:48 PM
Does it have stock or tubular lower A? Are the upper A swedge tube or one piece? Do the ball joints have some numbers on them? If its a chevelle clip the frame rails will be flat on the side not indented, but it might have some other stub that I know nothing about. Pinto Spindles? Steering box number? If you can find out these things, most of the rest should be able to measure to find what you need. Best of luck with your decision.

ermann388
01-12-2015, 01:18 PM
to find out if its worth building you would need to get it on a jig and make sure its straight, check all the welds closely. a straight and safe car is your main priority to getting a setup right to building a fast car