PDA

View Full Version : leading rear end

racer-15
01-10-2015, 06:54 PM
What does everyone think about leading rear end in either direction? Pros and cons. if you lead rr forward would you have to run a lot of stagger to get through center or make other adjustments. thanks

72Dubya
01-11-2015, 04:21 PM
What kind of rear suspension are you running? 4-link, metric 4-link, 3 link, etc...?

racer-15
01-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Metric 4 link

stockcar5
01-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Depends on alot of other factors in your setup. I lead my lr 1/4 inch. I would never lead the rr.

Racer96m
01-12-2015, 01:14 PM
Dont lead the rearend unless you know why your setup needs it. Is there a specific handling issue you are trying to fix?

Dave

72Dubya
01-12-2015, 04:02 PM
I agree with Dave. On metric 4-link leading a trailing is something not to mess with unless there is a very influential factor that makes you need to. Leave all that stuff with 4-link and 3-link guys.

racer-15
01-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Building new car. Our track gets black like asphalt. just thought leading rr maybe advantage getting off corner. I know of it being done in latemodel. I think one of the stock car chassis companies is jigging their rear ends this way. since I'm building new car i was actually goin to adjust the rear half of car for lead. not messing with rearend to make sure no binding plus i could use any regular rear end and still have the lead. Thanks for everyones advice

Clubb Racing 386
01-17-2015, 05:08 PM
I strongly believe in leading the LR but you have many other things you have to do to make it work. I have had anywhere from 1-2 inches of LR lead. Lowering the LR trailing arm to around 7* helps greatly but the big things are you need to have the right shocks and springs to go with it also it only will work for certain tracks and conditions. Also what helps is to run a smaller bolt so you have some give instead of a rear end that won't move. The lr upper bushing on the rear end will wear out quickly but depending on some tracks it helps. The harder you throw the car in the corner the more the rear end will want to come around.