PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Wide Right Front ?

RacerX10
01-13-2015, 06:57 PM
Sooooo ...

I bought a 2010 Rocket (haven't picked it up yet) but it's advertised as a "blue/gray with wide right front".

What exactly is the "wide right front" part, (how is it different than non-wide) and what are the ups and downs of that option ?

Thanks !

Dirtmod13
01-13-2015, 07:02 PM
Sooooo ... I bought a 2010 Rocket (haven't picked it up yet) but it's advertised as a "blue/gray with wide right front".What exactly is the "wide right front" part, (how is it different than non-wide) and what are the ups and downs of that option ?Thanks !I just bought one and owner told me it has 2 holes for rf lower control arm so u can move it out another inch wider. Don't know if that's all though. Still trying to find answers on mine too

rickhulson
01-13-2015, 07:22 PM
most people run it wide but you can move it in to free it up but you also need the double slot rack eye on right front

RacerX10
01-13-2015, 08:04 PM
From the pictures I can see it's got two holes in the RF upper shock mount .. can't tell anything else from the picture though.

7uptruckracer
01-14-2015, 07:57 AM
Sweet sells a dual mount right shock eye for the wide cars too thought it was neat or you can get the slotted one.

zerolm
01-14-2015, 03:18 PM
I had a '10 and they told me to always run the shock in the inner hole (Closest to engine) regardless of whether you had the RF in or out. I just got my '14 a few months ago with the same option and there is only one shock mount on it, in the "inner" position..

RacerX10
01-14-2015, 03:32 PM
Good to know, thanks zerolm

BigNilla
01-15-2015, 06:46 AM
I'm not a racer... Yet, but running the shock on inner holeakes sense. If you don't change the length of everything else. May prevent binding and allow freeer movement of the shock. Seems like you would need to change arm length to gain any true benefit from an outwart shock mount location. Correct?

Matt49
01-15-2015, 09:58 AM
I'm not a racer... Yet, but running the shock on inner holeakes sense. If you don't change the length of everything else. May prevent binding and allow freeer movement of the shock. Seems like you would need to change arm length to gain any true benefit from an outwart shock mount location. Correct?

Moving the location on the lower control arm changes the motion ratio which has a drastic effect on wheel rate (spring rate felt at the tire contact patch).

RacerX10
01-15-2015, 12:39 PM
So it sounds like there isn't any downside to it being "wide" .. just put it out there and leave it ?

7uptruckracer
01-15-2015, 01:21 PM
Entry Tightness

Bcollins82
01-15-2015, 03:18 PM

Leaving the upper shock mount in the inner hole when moving everything else outward has nothing to do with binding or arm length. It simply makes the RF spring act more progressively as the car rolls and travels on the RF.

BigNilla
01-15-2015, 05:52 PM
Oh I understand sorry my phone and my thumbs don't get along lol.