PDA

View Full Version : Brake bias gauges sticking... Wtf

mopar92
01-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Out of 3 of our cars, 2 have Quickcar, one is a Longacre. All of our cars one or both of the gauges are reading either 100psi or up to 600 with no lines even attached. Do bias gauges usually crap out like this and not return the needle back to 0? Thoughts?

hpmaster
01-23-2015, 03:19 PM
I had trouble with Quickcar bias gauges but they backed them and replaced the fauty gauge.

Matt49
01-23-2015, 10:00 PM
I had a rebco do the same thing. Gauge reading pressure with no pedal and nothing apparently clogging return or anything. I asked Spike at Wilwood about this one time and he said just about all of the brake pressure gauges out there are junk.

cheaterleaddog
01-24-2015, 01:11 PM
I had a rebco do the same thing. Gauge reading pressure with no pedal and nothing apparently clogging return or anything. I asked Spike at Wilwood about this one time and he said just about all of the brake pressure gauges out there are junk.
Install good accurate gauges and figure out how many turns it takes from all the way out to get to the percentage you want than start over every night before feature. This way you will not need gauges anymore. Spike may be able to help you with this without installing gauges if you tell him what components you are using.