PDA

View Full Version : Dunn Benson ride for 2015

zyoung25
01-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Here's the hauler....car won't be far behind.

rickybrown1952
01-23-2015, 10:11 PM
Here's the hauler....car won't be far behind.Wow very nice

Nasty55
01-23-2015, 11:17 PM
Here's the hauler....car won't be far behind.

Very nice hauler... Thanks for the share zyoung.

Highside Hustler25
01-24-2015, 05:11 AM
thats a nice hauler but...

http://www.4m.net/images/attach/jpg.gif

MidTnDirtFan
01-24-2015, 06:35 AM
I have a question. With all the Decals on the hauler will it still be able to claim RV and not have to have commercial tags and such? It looks good but it also looks like a rolling billboard.

lokwaidid
01-24-2015, 07:10 AM
with lucas oil on the side, he might be charging them for the cost of the tag.

LITE-INN
01-24-2015, 07:16 AM
Nice trailer but risky yep rolling billboard and roll advertisement for it to be stolen and high for once I agree with I know a race who just recently retired with 500 plus wins would totally agree ,his latest and last hauler was a 1974 red FORD 150 with matching car and trailer and he told me the same thing

TackyTracker
01-24-2015, 09:36 AM
he's had some pretty tough last couple of years... will be nice to see him back running up front

LITE-INN
01-24-2015, 09:52 AM
2015 world 100 win has a good ring to it

LITE-INN
01-24-2015, 10:15 AM
The 16th Annual Indiana Icebreaker at Brownstown Speedway held true to its name as Earl Pearson Jr. and the Bobby Labonte Racing team faced cold weather and the chance of snow, but the frigid temperatures weren't about to stop the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series from racing Saturday night. Pearson Jr.'s performance in the event reminded everyone that his team is a threat this season.

Bookmark and Share
He showed its potential with a top-five finish in his heat race. Unfortunately, the track conditions changed for the feature and prevented him from battling for the win, but he held strong to finish with a top-15.

Pearson Jr. had a solid qualifying run and finished Heat 3 in second place, which allowed him to transfer to the feature with a sixth-place starting position. The BLR team, engineer Kevin Rumley and Pearson Jr. were happy with how well the car performed in qualifying and their respective heat race, and decided not to make any changes heading into the feature.

The track conditions quickly changed in the feature, however, which caused the No. 44 Lucas Oil Longhorn Chassis not to handle as well as it had during earlier competition. Pearson Jr. was unable to run with the leaders. He dropped out of the top-10, but held on to finish 14th in the 16th Annual Indiana Icebreaker.

"The car handled great during qualifying and my heat race," said Pearson Jr. "We were excited and agreed that as good as the car was, we wouldn't make any adjustments. The track conditions changed on us in the feature and it completely altered the handling of my car. It went from being near-perfect, to struggling. With our new chassis, those are things we will learn as we go along."

"We are all learning the new Longhorn chassis and adjustments that need to be made on it," said Rumley. "We didn't have the finish we wanted; however, we came back to the shop and already have a plan on what to work on to improve. We have some solid notes to build on, and we know we have some fast cars in our stable. We're still figuring out how the chassis responds to certain conditions, but we learned a lot this week that will make us stronger for our next race."

Pearson Jr. is now third in the driver championship point standings.

BLR takes the week off before two straight days of Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series competition. BLR will make a long road trip to Jackson, Miss. for the Southern 50 at Jackson Motor Speedway on Friday, April 6th. The team will then travel to Lonestar Speedway in Kilgore, Tex. for the High Banks Havoc on Saturday, April 7th.

found this and made me laugh a top 15 in short track really now

hustler t4
01-24-2015, 10:32 AM
Thought they had all gotten away from graphics on the haulers.

Head Wrench25
01-24-2015, 10:33 AM
Everyone knows the hauler makes the car FAST!

LITE-INN
01-24-2015, 10:33 AM
yep just asking for trouble

hustler t4
01-24-2015, 10:36 AM
That way they aren t comm, fly inunder radar.

hustler t4
01-24-2015, 10:36 AM
Yes very exciting time, less than 2 wks away to go south and tryout your new stuff.

LITE-INN
01-24-2015, 10:42 AM
Betcha the insurance is thru the roof

AnothaBenchRacer
01-24-2015, 11:35 AM
Still the old trailer, just a new wrap design.

jog49
01-24-2015, 12:21 PM
My understanding is that most toterhome and trailer packages are leased and the leasing companies don't want decals/wraps because they leave unsightly shadow lines when removed. A second leasee or buyer doesn't want to deal with some other race team's "damage" to the vehicles so most leasing companies ask you to refrain from making them a billboard, of sorts. Dunn-Benson Ford in Dunn, NC owns this rig lock, stock, and barrel so they can do with it what they want.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-24-2015, 12:37 PM
My understanding is that most toterhome and trailer packages are leased and the leasing companies don't want decals/wraps because they leave unsightly shadow lines when removed. A second leasee or buyer doesn't want to deal with some other race team's "damage" to the vehicles so most leasing companies ask you to refrain from making them a billboard, of sorts. Dunn-Benson Ford in Dunn, NC owns this rig lock, stock, and barrel so they can do with it what they want.I agree on some being leased. But the other thing, and this goes for all car haulers, is that sponsers and that make it CDL/DOT scrutinized. Having to follow way more rules, and pay more money. Even a pick up and trailer over I think 10,000 GVW, falls under most DOT regs. And different states have different rules too. The Michigan Train semi trailers exist because Michigan gets less funding because they allow them.

dirtMAN007
01-24-2015, 01:10 PM
Nice trailer but risky yep rolling billboard and roll advertisement for it to be stolen and high for once I agree with I know a race who just recently retired with 500 plus wins would totally agree ,his latest and last hauler was a 1974 red FORD 150 with matching car and trailer and he told me the same thing

Translation please !

Josh Bayko
01-24-2015, 01:21 PM
I have a question. With all the Decals on the hauler will it still be able to claim RV and not have to have commercial tags and such? It looks good but it also looks like a rolling billboard.

I don't think so. I believe they'll have to abide by the rules a commercial vehicle does.

zyoung25
01-24-2015, 01:37 PM
I don't see "not for hire" on the doors anywhere. Tells me whoever the driver more an likely has their cdl to drive a truck. If you notice most of these style dirt car haulers have that saying on the door. I always kinda figured that meant it could be considered a rv and not a commercial vehicle.

drano
01-24-2015, 01:38 PM
Looks like he will have the # 1 again

LITE-INN
01-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Translation please !

it means chad stapleton will come down and kick your ,a$$

slmcrewchief99
01-24-2015, 06:12 PM
For those that want to see what his wrap on his car will look like, can go to Jeremy Collins (xtreme graphics) on Facebook and see it.

T-MAC39FAN
01-24-2015, 07:20 PM
I don't see "not for hire" on the doors anywhere. Tells me whoever the driver more an likely has their cdl to drive a truck. If you notice most of these style dirt car haulers have that saying on the door. I always kinda figured that meant it could be considered a rv and not a commercial vehicle.

yes zy25 that's pretty correct. we had to do that on a crew cab pulln a 5th wheel trailor. po po said they would pull anybody that didn't have that on there rig.

JCSullivan00
01-24-2015, 08:49 PM
J-Rod posted this up earlier.

MILLER7FAN
01-24-2015, 09:08 PM
Looks pretty good, like old times. Hope the results will be the same as before. Reminds me of this years Rocket House Car

nuff said
01-25-2015, 09:32 AM
I'm sure the Dunn-Benson team knows all the angles about insurance,etc...They have a reason for doing it that way.Lucas sponsorship is probably a factor.

grt74
01-25-2015, 12:46 PM

yes it would be considered commercial but if there going to sponsor for lets say 100,000 per year or more I'm sure it will cover the cost,and I'm going to say between his top 2 sponsors thats not a problem