PDA

View Full Version : So is it Bloomer in a Reese car sponsored by Martin?

Bashman
01-23-2015, 11:04 PM
I read two articles, is this correct?

HoosierDirtFan
01-23-2015, 11:16 PM

That's about right.

AnothaBenchRacer
01-24-2015, 12:13 AM
Bloomer will forever be in a car owned by himself...Reece just wrote him a really big check. All Martin's check is for Scott to take care of Landers and have him under his wing.

Crossbones
01-24-2015, 03:24 AM

No, it's Bloomuist in a Bloomquist owned car sponsored by Reece and Martin.

People seem to think that Bloomquist is replacing Owen's former situation. I Don't believe it's the same type of thing.

_keith_
01-24-2015, 08:22 AM
Bloomer will forever be in a car owned by himself...Reece just wrote him a really big check. All Martin's check is for Scott to take care of Landers and have him under his wing. The above post is prolly the most accurate with the exception.....That Bloomquist runs a Bloomquist Race car with a Rousch/Yates engine The rest goes into team Bloomquist pockets....

SuperEight
01-24-2015, 09:54 AM
Bloomer will forever be in a car owned by himself...Reece just wrote him a really big check. All Martin's check is for Scott to take care of Landers and have him under his wing.

Thank you. I think the article claiming "partnership" between Martin and Blomquist is a PR thing aimed at elevating the Landers stature in the racing world, period. They bought 5 cars, which includes the mentorship deal. Maybe in some peoples mind that makes them partners, but to me it makes them customers. If Scott shows up with Mark Martin Ford on his car, then I was wrong, but till then I think they are trying to ride Blomquist coat tails.

LITE-INN
01-24-2015, 10:08 AM
you never know

chupp n bloomer fan
01-24-2015, 12:19 PM
Bloomer will I'd bet always own his cars. He's too much of a perfectionist and control freek to me to trust someone else to take care of the race car and set it up. The Sweet/Bloomer cars are to me him setting himself up for after his career. He needed help with production and someone who knows their sh!t, and Randy Sweet is a steering guru who also can run a business. With them being friends, was probably a pretty easy deal to put together. Andy Durham is who builds Scotts' motors. They are RY pieces, but tuned and put together by Andy Durham.

The Landers thing is just easy money to me. A replacement for Tyler Redd!ck, Blankenship, etc. Then again, if Landers destroys Bloomer some night, not sure it'll be easy money anymore. Reece, I'm still a little confused on. Maybe he still wanted to contribute, but not be the sole contributer. Or Jimmy and him just needed a break, dunno. Or he wanted to pump his chest out saying I'm helping Scott Fukin Bloomquist now.

toast
01-24-2015, 05:23 PM
It all started when Jimmy quit running Scott's cars, Mike Reece hated bloomy, But he loves someone who can be on top of his game and stay on top!!! I know for a fact, Reece don't like Lanigan, But Reece don't like a lot of people!!!

COKEandaSMILE
01-24-2015, 05:45 PM
It all started when Jimmy quit running Scott's cars, Mike Reece hated bloomy, But he loves someone who can be on top of his game and stay on top!!! I know for a fact, Reece don't like Lanigan, But Reece don't like a lot of people!!!

Your assessment of Reece's feelings towards bloomquist are not supported by Reece's interview on DoD.

Bigracer93
01-24-2015, 06:18 PM
I know that Reece was mad at Bloomer that's why he bought the BWRC that time but apparently they have buried the hatchet

toast
01-24-2015, 06:49 PM
I have known Mike Reece most of my life Coke and a smile, I'm no spring chicken myself, Your comment reminds me of a commercial I seen!!! I seen it on the internet, It must be true!!!

swartzman
01-25-2015, 04:35 AM
What you mean what we read about people on here may not be true?? You mean it may not be?

hipower17
01-25-2015, 06:39 AM
well i be dam!

COKEandaSMILE
01-25-2015, 06:53 AM
I have known Mike Reece most of my life Coke and a smile, I'm no spring chicken myself, Your comment reminds me of a commercial I seen!!! I seen it on the internet, It must be true!!!

I'm not saying that your statement was inaccurate, i was pointing out that it was contradicting what the man himself said in an interview.

I enjoyed your post, it made me chuckle! While questioning the validity of information gathered on the internet,,,,,,,, the information you provided was found............ On the internet.

LITE-INN
01-25-2015, 08:31 AM
I guess when the guy says it verbally it ain't true either good grief

_keith_
01-25-2015, 08:51 AM
I saw one of Scotts new cars last week and for the most part it looked a lot like the 2014 cars. With Ole Smokey and Penske racing still on board.....Good Luck 2015......

Head Wrench25
01-27-2015, 12:49 PM
is Martin and Landers dating now?

SuperEight
01-27-2015, 04:00 PM
is Martin and Landers dating now?

Paw Paw Landers is in business with Martin in an auto dealership.