PDA

View Full Version : Childress ant the Dillon boys

QQQQ
01-26-2015, 09:26 PM
With UMP starting up in Florida this week, I just got to say whats on my mind. Everyone complains about the money it takes to run UMP Mods, but does Richard Childress and the Dillon Boys really have to stick there noses in and prove they can out money the dirt guys? Really? I know some will say its good for the sport because they will bring attention to the Mods, but I feel if they wanted to bring attention they could help more by showing up at a local 600 to win race now and then. Your local promoter would love that. Ya the guys can wheel for sure, thats why they are in Nascar, do you really have anything to prove to the local dirt guys? We get it, you have unlimited funds and resources. Whats next, if they put up a couple grand for a hornet race, you gona come take that money? Now I dont have a problem with Kenny Wallace or Schrader, they have retired from the bigs and if they want to play in the dirt then have at it. They have more resources than most also, but at least they arent an active cup team. Let the little guys have there race and winnings. No one wants to see Tom Brady come back and play High School football do they?

LITE-INN
01-26-2015, 09:34 PM
why not Schrader and Wallace do also besides you know as well as I do most guys that run UMP fulltime are not down there if you had Harrison Long Walsh you know the guys on the top of the list every weekly I would hey what s up with that but none of those guys show up if those guys showed up the dillion boys would not be as dominate

QQQQ
01-27-2015, 07:33 AM
I guess my point is, why does an active cup driver and Team owner feel they need to drop all the way down to a dirt mod to get some more fame? Dont they have enough? How many levels below Cup is a dirt mod???

LITE-INN
01-27-2015, 07:46 AM
who say sany thing about fame they just racing just like anybody else does some would a say a dirt mod is above the cup scenne esp with the non racing bs they have been d oing the last the couple of years ie the race to the chase

blackdirt
01-27-2015, 09:07 AM
I agree 100%. If they want to race down there get in a latemodel!

$UMP$
01-27-2015, 09:24 AM
Last I checked it's a free country! I have no problem with it!

Mittvok
01-27-2015, 10:18 AM
With UMP starting up in Florida this week, I just got to say whats on my mind. Everyone complains about the money it takes to run UMP Mods, but does Richard Childress and the Dillon Boys really have to stick there noses in and prove they can out money the dirt guys? Really? I know some will say its good for the sport because they will bring attention to the Mods, but I feel if they wanted to bring attention they could help more by showing up at a local 600 to win race now and then. Your local promoter would love that. Ya the guys can wheel for sure, thats why they are in Nascar, do you really have anything to prove to the local dirt guys? We get it, you have unlimited funds and resources. Whats next, if they put up a couple grand for a hornet race, you gona come take that money? Now I dont have a problem with Kenny Wallace or Schrader, they have retired from the bigs and if they want to play in the dirt then have at it. They have more resources than most also, but at least they arent an active cup team. Let the little guys have there race and winnings. No one wants to see Tom Brady come back and play High School football do they?

You do realize that Wallace and Schrader bring the same sort of money the Dillons do? Stop hating. Seriously.

BPRC MAN
01-27-2015, 10:34 AM
I hope they get there as*** handed to them every night.

$UMP$
01-27-2015, 12:17 PM
why not Schrader and Wallace do also besides you know as well as I do most guys that run UMP fulltime are not down there if you had Harrison Long Walsh you know the guys on the top of the list every weekly I would hey what s up with that but none of those guys show up if those guys showed up the dillion boys would not be as dominate

And don't forget Lomax! Lol

juice87
01-27-2015, 01:35 PM
most modified drivers want to race against the best.

QQQQ
01-27-2015, 03:42 PM
I dont think the cup drivers are anything special, its more about the resources they have available to them. How many engineers does Childress employ? If he wanted to spend a week in the wind tunnel, he sure could, etc, etc. You dont see Bloomquist running a Street Stock. To me its kinda like the same thing.

LITE-INN
01-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Its beneath bloomer to run a street stock plus we saw what did in a truck or midget lol let the dillion boys race

blackdirt
01-28-2015, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the red thing by name chicken(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)!

QQQQ
01-28-2015, 09:50 AM
Ya I got one too. I guess you cant have an opinion these days!

timcole421
02-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Its beneath bloomer to run a street stock plus we saw what did in a truck or midget lol let the dillion boys race

Owens was cool with it

racin6mod
02-08-2015, 12:02 PM
I guess my point is, why does an active cup driver and Team owner feel they need to drop all the way down to a dirt mod to get some more fame? Dont they have enough? How many levels below Cup is a dirt mod???

one reason for Childress to field a couple dirt cars his RCR ENGINES build engines designed for ump mod,latemodel and lower level pavement cars. Having spent all that money to have his two grandsons trained to race on dirt he might fill they owe him a few wins n dirt now that the wins on pavement are going to be few and fare between.

grandstandracer
02-09-2015, 04:44 AM
I don’t see the big deal at all I think it’s really cool they choose mods over late models and sprint cars. And what guy would not want to race against nascar talent, not many chances to do that. I bet my savings account that there will be a car there that more money has been spent on then there’s.

Anonymous24
02-09-2015, 05:48 AM
Money does not win races. People win races. Sure having a large budget available to dip from can be viewed as an advantage, but when it all boils down, it is people that make it all happen. For example, if I have $30,000 for a budget, and another guy has $60000 available for his budget, more often than not my $30,000 will out run the $60000 dollar budget due to having a better understanding of race car vehicle dynamics. The race team that works the hardest at the shop to be the best usually is one of the best. The importance of winning and the path to success is all a result of hard work because you wanted to win more than the other guy. You cannot buy that with money. I highly recommend implementing an education plan into your racing program if you have not already.

Deep_pockets
02-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Money wins races.

jog49
02-10-2015, 12:10 AM
Some here would give the impression that if the Dillon boys show up, regular mod drivers might as well go home.
I DON'T THINK SO!

swartzman
02-10-2015, 11:34 PM
If that one poster would do alittle research the dillon boys are not scared to drag a latemodel out and go race that.. you can bet money most every racer down there love it when they show up..

swartzman
02-11-2015, 04:45 PM
Well austin won last night.. lets see if he can keep it up now that they have hoffman and boggs both there..

Deep_pockets
02-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Can Boggs fit through the window of a mod? I believe Hoffman was who finished second to Dillon.

swartzman
02-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Lets see how many races he can keep them back there.. hey the dillions do good for nomore dirt races than they do each year.. yeah we did some modifications, alittle butter and he slides right in.. lol

Deep_pockets
02-11-2015, 06:30 PM
I hope he runs well once he is in. lol

swartzman
02-11-2015, 06:53 PM
Changed the interior on drivers door.. people will copy it that you can count on..

QQQQ
02-17-2015, 09:07 AM
Well UMP got what they wanted. Dillon's won it all in Florida. They kept the track heavy so they could hook up those 900HP Nascar motors. Wallace admits to 830HP in that TRD motor and it couldnt keep up. It was great to watch those boys shoot to the lead in a couple laps when everyone else couldnt pass. So they got all the money and the big Gators!

Deep_pockets
02-17-2015, 09:31 PM
QQQQ I bet that is exactly the case and it had nothing to do with talent at all. I am sure all the other guys that made the trip to Florida in their big toter homes were running engines from salvage yards. They also were screwed because they had to work at Walmart as greeters during the day while in Florida just to be able to afford a pit pass and spam sammiches and didnt have any time to work on their cars.

TeamGRT12x
02-18-2015, 03:19 AM
Just need more power. That's always the answer is more power. Hell give Wallace 5000 HP he still wouldn't beat Dillon at Volusia.

paycheckracer
02-18-2015, 05:35 AM
??? Don't you STILL have to drive them to win?

QQQQ
02-18-2015, 06:46 AM
Hey the Dillon boys can drive, just have a hard time believing that guys that only run a few dirt races a year are Sooooooo much better than the guys who do it every week. Gilpin runs 80 shows a year, he can obviously drive, they blew right by him. There MB cars are good, but they arent that much better than all the other chassis down there. They could drive them in deeper and come off harder than any cars there. So that tells me that the shock package was something nobody else has access to, no matter how much money you got, and there engines had way more power coming off than anyone else had, and thats saying something considering who all was there. Ya they can drive, but unlimited resources to the best technology doesnt hurt when your trying to show the 9 to 5 working guys that you can kick there buts.

Mosidebite
02-18-2015, 09:57 AM
I can also remember when the Dillion boys were racing dirt in a crate late model there were disqualifications for not so honest infractions...I am not saying they can't get around a joint like Volusia but I will always question it too

hook
02-18-2015, 10:45 AM
I'm just happy that we have events west of the Mississippi that you just don't show up in a modified once a year and win. I'd have to see the Dillons or any other NASCAR driver do it to believe it's possible. I'm talking King of America, Doug Murphrey Memorial, World Modified Dirt Track Championship, etc.

Scott Bloomquist ran one Mod show in a year and won it.. $100,000 to win Alltel 100 at Batesville about a decade ago.

I know what Rodney Sanders and Ryan Gustin did the last time they ran UMP Mods in Florida but it's been years since an 'eastern' Mod driver did well in a USMTS show. And don't give me the money bs. There are several high dollar Mod programs in UMP land and I'm not just talking NASCAR guys either...

AnothaBenchRacer
02-18-2015, 11:25 AM
Might wanna check the blocks on those Clements motors...

stock car driver
02-18-2015, 05:28 PM
I'm just happy that we have events west of the Mississippi that you just don't show up in a modified once a year and win. I'd have to see the Dillons or any other NASCAR driver do it to believe it's possible. I'm talking King of America, Doug Murphrey Memorial, World Modified Dirt Track Championship, etc.

Scott Bloomquist ran one Mod show in a year and won it.. $100,000 to win Alltel 100 at Batesville about a decade ago.

I know what Rodney Sanders and Ryan Gustin did the last time they ran UMP Mods in Florida but it's been years since an 'eastern' Mod driver did well in a USMTS show. And don't give me the money bs. There are several high dollar Mod programs in UMP land and I'm not just talking NASCAR guys either...

No we have a USMTS series that has had to keep creating new regions, chases, bonus and gimmicks much like Napcar so they can try and have what maybe 10 guys that contend for its championship?!

It originated in Iowa, are there even 5 races in Iowa this year for it?

cozmo28
02-18-2015, 06:48 PM
cant someone claim engine & shocks

grandstandracer
02-19-2015, 03:16 AM
i take a show with 10 guys in open motors over 24 guys in crates

stock car driver
02-19-2015, 10:30 PM
i take a show with 10 guys in open motors over 24 guys in crates

Strange post, Im guessing your talking about IMCA modifieds on this USMTS modified thread?

As for IMCA modifieds, if people are running crate motors its because they are FASTER for them... so you would rather see 10 guys go slower with tire frying open motors than 24 guys racing??

grandstandracer
02-20-2015, 01:03 AM
yes i would

zyoung25
02-25-2015, 03:34 AM
I'd kinda like to see how the Dillon boys would do against the usmts guys if they were to ever go to Florida. Ump guys aren't any push overs by no means. Those usmts guys are the best in the nation in mods imo.

I know there is few differences in the cars btw. It's not like one could show up at the other and mop up.

george w
02-26-2015, 06:21 AM
I highly doubt the dillion boys would show up to any high profile usmts show an dominate like they did in Florida. Not saying they wouldn't make shows or be out to lunch just saying they wouldn't dominate. The competition top to bottom is alot different in my opinion.

AnothaBenchRacer
02-26-2015, 03:53 PM
I highly doubt the dillion boys would show up to any high profile usmts show an dominate like they did in Florida. Not saying they wouldn't make shows or be out to lunch just saying they wouldn't dominate. The competition top to bottom is alot different in my opinion.

Uhm yeah...the guys that race UMP (UMP being a sanctioning body, not a national touring series) are local race car drivers that all (most) have a 9-5. USMTS (USMTS being a national touring series, like World of Outlaws or Lucas Oil) is full of professional race car drivers that do it for a living.

...think sometimes people get this confused.

modracing354
02-26-2015, 04:37 PM
I'd be interested in in seeing an IL guy like mike harrison go down there with his own stuff. He's ran with usmts a few times and won them. I remember him coming from the b main at lake of the ozarks and blowing their doors off. Guy is flat up on the wheel.

george w
02-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Uhm yeah...the guys that race UMP (UMP being a sanctioning body, not a national touring series) are local race car drivers that all (most) have a 9-5. USMTS (USMTS being a national touring series, like World of Outlaws or Lucas Oil) is full of professional race car drivers that do it for a living.

...think sometimes people get this confused. so whats there 9-5 during the month of feb ?

zyoung25
03-04-2015, 07:13 AM

...think sometimes people get this confused.

I know nothing about most mod guys other than the ones around here. Guys that run for the money in UMP like Strickler, Bronson and Hoffman that show up in double stack trailers with every top of the line part made...must have some pretty d@mn good jobs to be in Florida for 3 weeks.

Guys that race regionally and use smaller trailers are probably those 9-5'ers you are talking about. I wasn't referring to them at all.

Simply saying IF the Dillon boys and usmts boys were to ever face off somewhere it would be something to see for a mod fan.

71PRPFan
03-04-2015, 08:43 AM
Let em race. Hell i remember when Austin was the fast qualifier at the world several years ago. you can tell he loves to drive on the dirt and they're bringing more exposure to the dirt. People will b*tch when i driver moves on to asphalt but whine when one of big dawgs drops in once in awhile

ride height
03-04-2015, 10:14 PM
The Dillons might as well drop down to mods. They sure arent a threat in cup in grandpas cars. The kid with the cowboy hat kills me. I dont have a thing against them for having money, i just dont think they would be in the majors if their grandpa wasnt a major player. They arent bad drivers, but stars? I dont see it. It probably is frustrating for guys who work hard all week, work overtime to have a car to race and then get hammered by a nascar hauler full of parts that cost more than their homes. The fans love it cause they see" a big name". Cant blame them I guess. Its a free country and life isnt fair, but like the one guy said. I hope these big shots get it handed to them when they show up in the little sandbox. I would pay to see that. Unlike a nascrap race.

QQQQ
03-05-2015, 07:34 AM
The Dillons might as well drop down to mods. They sure arent a threat in cup in grandpas cars. The kid with the cowboy hat kills me. I dont have a thing against them for having money, i just dont think they would be in the majors if their grandpa wasnt a major player. They arent bad drivers, but stars? I dont see it. It probably is frustrating for guys who work hard all week, work overtime to have a car to race and then get hammered by a nascar hauler full of parts that cost more than their homes. The fans love it cause they see" a big name". Cant blame them I guess. Its a free country and life isnt fair, but like the one guy said. I hope these big shots get it handed to them when they show up in the little sandbox. I would pay to see that. Unlike a nascrap race./\ Couldn't agree more. Might have Dale's number but not the heart. Silver spoon boys that never worked for anything.

MotoMatt
03-06-2015, 11:39 AM
I like all the ()itching people do against people who give there brethren every advantage they can. I bet these are the same guys who build their kids pinewood derby cars so maybe there kid can win...my point is that every one of us give our kids the best leg up we can, hopefully we don't screw it up too bad and still teach them humility, compassion, empathy and all the rest we all need to have to be successful in life. If I had the dime to put my kid in a car and he wanted to you bet your butt I would do it with the best I could buy, from safety to engines to suspension. Don't know Childress, Elliot or any of the rest of them for that. Heck, I saw the Moffit kid when he was in sport mods in Boone on a weekly basis. Now there is a kid that was spoon fed from a silver spoon right to the top as he wrecked everyone else stuff along the way. I remember at the Boone Nationals one night when he wrecked bad and the rear end was hanging out of the car, one of daddy's friends asked me as I walked by, "will he be able to race tomorrow?" I looked up and over at there double stacker, three cars and Bob Harris wrenching away on the junked car while little Brett cried in the drivers seat and said with his daddy's big ol checkbook he'll be fine and walked away...

blncfn57
03-07-2015, 07:28 AM
If there was such a thing as tech at racetracks these days it would not matter how much money a guy had. The problem is, is there is not....... not even at the $500 to win weekly shows. Don't worry tho, Sam says taking the spoilers away is going to save the class.