PDA

View Full Version : Kankakee county speedway

ugly1
01-29-2015, 08:00 PM
Are they racing this year??? If so are they going to run late models??? Why cant they get their chit together and post a schedule???

HoosierDirtFan
01-29-2015, 08:29 PM
Are they racing this year??? If so are they going to run late models??? Why cant they get their chit together and post a schedule???

I'd like to speak on this but a lot more then what I am but I'm sure one of Tom's track staff personal is watching this forum. I'm not going to bash them due to not having much good to say about the situation there; just state what I've seen happen over the last few years. Kankakee is a track I've liked for a long time but the people currently running the facility are rude, arrogant, cheap when it comes to paying drivers properly, they've runoff drivers at a good rate the last 3-4 years, and a bit more to go with that. I'm interested in seeing what their 2015 schedule looks like too. The current lease is set to expire in 2017 from what I've been told. They used to average about 25/27 Late Models, 30/32 Mods a night, about 30 Street Stocks, and about 25 4 cylinders a night when Tom first acquired the track in mid 2009. After the 2010 season car counts started to decline and last year they could barely get 7-8 modifieds a night. Always like watching the races at Kankakee but it will take some good doing for many drivers to want to come back besides the specials for each class.

Cardirt0
01-29-2015, 09:29 PM
The place is Dead miss the old days there...

AnothaBenchRacer
01-30-2015, 04:12 PM
I'd like to speak on this but a lot more then what I am but I'm sure one of Tom's track staff personal is watching this forum. I'm not going to bash them due to not having much good to say about the situation there; just state what I've seen happen over the last few years. Kankakee is a track I've liked for a long time but the people currently running the facility are rude, arrogant, cheap when it comes to paying drivers properly, they've runoff drivers at a good rate the last 3-4 years, and a bit more to go with that. I'm interested in seeing what their 2015 schedule looks like too. The current lease is set to expire in 2017 from what I've been told. They used to average about 25/27 Late Models, 30/32 Mods a night, about 30 Street Stocks, and about 25 4 cylinders a night when Tom first acquired the track in mid 2009. After the 2010 season car counts started to decline and last year they could barely get 7-8 modifieds a night. Always like watching the races at Kankakee but it will take some good doing for many drivers to want to come back besides the specials for each class.

Pretty sure they pay $1,000 to win for the LM's just like everyone else...

HoosierDirtFan
01-30-2015, 04:35 PM
Pretty sure they pay $1,000 to win for the LM's just like everyone else...

Actually Fairbury pays $1,200. Yeah they do to an extant but 2nd on back is where it gets cheap!

XRACER1993
01-30-2015, 04:54 PM
Kankakee Speedway is a great race track.. re-built year's ago by Tom Pauley Sr... I have been going to 3K for year's.. until the last couple of year's.. and anyone in racing know's why !.. If they dont support late model's weekly, I will not support Kankakee..." T S " need's to go back to asphalt ... This guy ruined a great race track !!! IMO !!!!

pierceFAN
01-30-2015, 08:42 PM
hasnt been good since the oconners ran it

BAD INFLUENCE
01-30-2015, 08:56 PM
Yep, I used to think Sherri did a bad job. I was wrong...... Turns out, K-3 would be better off with her!

HoosierDirtFan
01-30-2015, 09:14 PM
hasnt been good since the oconners ran it

Lease is up in 2017 so will see what happen when that time gets here.

I was up there once for the roderick memorial when ocooners had it was a he11 of a track

Roderick Memorial was always a great show.

Yep, I used to think Sherri did a bad job. I was wrong...... Turns out, K-3 would be better off with her!

I agree. Sherri did a good job there

slingindirt83
01-31-2015, 10:31 PM
Lm purse is based off $800 to win purse a sponsor puts up $200 to make it $1000. So yes the pay sucks if you dont win and you are probably going to ruin a tire from all the rocks. It just seems its all take and no give from the promoter.

Fredfred Burger
02-02-2015, 06:47 PM
Races run way too late and the track is terrible

Peopleschamp15
02-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Honestly don't know how you could run a track any worse.

-bad racing surface
-unfriendly staff
-bad payout
-terrible marketing
-too many classes
-runs way too late into the night

TackyTracker
02-03-2015, 10:27 AM
so sad to have this happen to K3

dmr37
02-03-2015, 01:45 PM
Seems like "this" happens every 3 or 4 years to K3

racenut
02-03-2015, 03:16 PM

latemodefan
02-03-2015, 07:31 PM
so true so true

Fredfred Burger
02-04-2015, 08:45 AM
so true so true

FairbuRy is the greatest track ever. Its gods gift to the world. Oh fcking please. There's lots of other good racetracks out there. I'm so sick of hearin this. Sure its a good track. Have you been all over the nation watching? Didnt think so. Wisconsin and Minnesota has some really good racing too. Fairbury has made so many racers who went to Lucas oil, woo and nascar like.......? must be why a Shadyhill regular like nick allen has no problem whooping your a$$. You people walking around with a big fairbury boner in your pants need to go home and take care of business. And stfu when you come out. It gets really annoying.

Cardirt0
02-04-2015, 09:55 AM
FairbuRy is the greatest track ever. Its gods gift to the world. Oh fcking please. There's lots of other good racetracks out there. I'm so sick of hearin this. Sure its a good track. Have you been all over the nation watching? Didnt think so. Wisconsin and Minnesota has some really good racing too. Fairbury has made so many racers who went to Lucas oil, woo and nascar like.......? must be why a Shadyhill regular like nick allen has no problem whooping your a$$. You people walking around with a big fairbury boner in your pants need to go home and take care of business. And stfu when you come out. It gets really annoying.

I am a FarmerCity fan but Fairbury Has to be ONE of The top 5 there is...FarmerCity has been one of the best and worst in the last 5 years... Me going there makes it the best too me.. if I could go to 2 tracks a week Fairbury would be were i go...Yes I have been all over the nation and if i had too choose were i live for 2 of the Best track I live RIGHT were i live by FarmerCity and Fairbury.. If you think some place is better maybe it is to you.. I respect that but it don't make people wrong that love Fairbury WRONG.. cause it is one of the BEST.......Just like right now KKK is not

1bbmft
02-04-2015, 10:21 AM
As a driver at K3 Tom has never cut the payout except the last night for one class when 4 UMP Mods (there purse was cut I was told but all 4 drivers were ok with the payout) showed up. All other classes were paid the regular payout. Also it rained off and on all night and with almost no one in the stands Tom could have cut all the purses that night but didn't. K3 may not be perfect but Tom is keeping the place open and us up North have a dirt track to race at. You fans and drivers from FALS/FC South have at least a dozen, if Kankakee closes us in the Chicago area have NOTHING, and don't mention LaSalle and Sycamore because they either don't run the same classes or are no better than the promoters at K3.

Cardirt0
02-04-2015, 10:37 AM
As a driver at K3 Tom has never cut the payout except the last night for one class when 4 UMP Mods (there purse was cut I was told but all 4 drivers were ok with the payout) showed up. All other classes were paid the regular payout. Also it rained off and on all night and with almost no one in the stands Tom could have cut all the purses that night but didn't. K3 may not be perfect but Tom is keeping the place open and us up North have a dirt track to race at. You fans and drivers from FALS/FC South have at least a dozen, if Kankakee closes us in the Chicago area have NOTHING, and don't mention LaSalle and Sycamore because they either don't run the same classes or are no better than the promoters at K3.

But paying out the purse is only one thing, and I don't want them to close cause i have friends that live up there.. Its he runs off people.. It a great track it just $ucks that he runs it so bad....He jumped on my a$$ one night... I am still trying to find out what i did wrong.. O and i have not been back in 4 years because of it...I have never been spoken to by someone that bad at a place of business in my life.. I will not spend a dime there while hes there...

Cardirt0
02-04-2015, 10:45 AM

He put them signs up cause he says Fairbury all the help just comes and helps for free.. I told him all the money they make gets spent on the race track or town not in your pocket and leaves town is why man he went nuts.....A$$ was all I could think..

Racer96m
02-04-2015, 11:04 AM
I guess everyone's experiences are different. We have supported K3 for the last 3 seasons, and never had an issue with anyone. We mind our own business, dont get caught up in the drama and just come to race. I think the track prep was better this year than years past and we all know how challenging the weather was this year. I like racing K3, we have learned alot there, and Tom and his staff have treated us well. Maybe you get what you give. Thats my experience.

Dave

1bbmft
02-04-2015, 01:23 PM
I agree with you Dave, I call Tom on the phone lots and have NEVER been disrespected by him, I even questioned him on something at the Banquet and with all he was doing he gave me an answer with no hollering or being out of line. I bet it was because of the way I approached him, no one likes to be jumped on from the start of a discussion, so keep your cool and talk don't scream and howler it's only gonna make people go on the defense and nothing is gonna get resolved. As for the racing surface it was much better this year than last year. I agree and I HATE to be there till 1:30am that we need to get the show done by 11-11:30 every night. One thing that would help is to have a wrecker or two (I see them foe around $2500 all over) nothing fancy just a workable truck to clear the track quick. Forget the intermission with six classes running we have plenty od time between races to make adjustments or repairs to the cars. With these two ideas I just cut 30 minuets or more out of the evening. Another idea would be to only run 5 classes a night, everyone I'm sure could use a week off once a month, I know I'd like it.

Fredfred Burger
02-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Kankakee needs more banking on the highside, tom make sure you dish the track out some more. Make the straightaways longer. Make the frontstretch 2 cars wide instead of 3. And race 8 classes. I assure you racers and fans would come back.

XRACER1993
02-04-2015, 03:56 PM
ok, all you guy's that say TS is doing a good job I really dont see it.. Everyone has their own thought's... I raced at 3-k many year's ago... You would get a full car count in all division's..and even semi features ! . And you never knew who was going to show up.. those were the days... not trying to start any crap with anyone.. I respect all your opinions... some good, and some not.. but that is ok... There has to be a reason why driver's and fan's don't go there... maybe someone can start a "poll" and see what need's to be done.. I know a lot of driver's that wont go there because of the promoter and live in Kankakee... Yes, the pay was cut at time's, and when you hear him say " this is my track !, I'll run it the way I want too !, if you dont like it, go someplace else ".. That don't sit well because some guy's have been racing there for year's.. There is power in number's, and i'm am not seeing it at Kankakee, and I am sorry to say that, but it is what it is ! Let's see what the schedule is for this year... remember he said he will have Lucas or Woo in a few year's.. it's time to step up and have some real big show's too !... I have been going to the race's since the late 50's, and countless track's..paved and dirt.. so I do know something about this subject... Thank's Guy's ! :-)

ugly1
02-04-2015, 04:34 PM
150 a night for a wrecker and he wont pay it...but shows up to the speedway with 5 or 6 crates and drives one under some stupid name!!! STICK TO LANDSCAPING SMITTY!!!!

ugly1
02-04-2015, 04:37 PM
racing 3 months away and still no schedule!!

HoosierDirtFan
02-04-2015, 08:46 PM
you need the Oconnors back

I wish that would happen but I doubt it ever will.

Cardirt0
02-04-2015, 09:56 PM
I guess everyone's experiences are different. We have supported K3 for the last 3 seasons, and never had an issue with anyone. We mind our own business, dont get caught up in the drama and just come to race. I think the track prep was better this year than years past and we all know how challenging the weather was this year. I like racing K3, we have learned alot there, and Tom and his staff have treated us well. Maybe you get what you give. Thats my experience.

Dave

Get what you give is what you said ... When i go to burger king I give them money and i get food when i went to KKK i gave money and got told i should come work for free... Not how it works

sievert5fan
02-05-2015, 02:16 AM

First of all LaSalle and Sycamore don't even run Friday nights so it was just dumb to bring them into the mix and what do you mean the promoters aren't any better? Tony Izzo Jr is a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good promoter in my opinion and the guy knows how to prep a track. Take your trash talking somewhere else. Guys like you are hurting the sport by running off at the mouth.

1bbmft
02-05-2015, 09:15 AM
No trash talking only the facts. And I only mentioned LaSalle and Sycamore because they are the only tracks within the Chicago area North of I-80 not to bash either. In 05 Kerriann ran me off with her attitude and the way she handled things. She WAS just what people are accusing Tom Smith of doing. As for Tony Jr. I only know him from when he raced at LaSalle in the late 90's and early 00's and yes he said hi when I walked by (I raced in a different class) and didn't act like a jerk (unlike his sister). He is doing a good job with the improvements and keeping the show moving along most nights my son who still races there is on his way home by 10pm. Read what is posted before you respond so you don't look like an idiot.

Krooser
02-05-2015, 09:56 AM
I read where the 3K promoters are going to run Gas City this year…

My trip to 3K was in '81… I towed down from Wisconsin for an end of season special. Used two tanks of fuel in my 454 dually. I pulled in about 3PM figuring I'd be early and get a good pit spot. The show was advertised as 'qualifying at 6… racing at 8PM'. Big surprise when I found out the A main was about to start… they screwed up and ran their weekly ad with changes to the headline! The show started at 11 AM.

Tuff to spend $$$ on 75 gallons of gas to go watch a 50 lap main event.

Peopleschamp15
02-05-2015, 11:00 AM
As a promoter you can't be hard headed. That's what his problem is... Drivers love coming to FALS and now Farmer City with the new fair board because they are willing to give and take, willing to hear both sides of a story and give a fair judgement..... TS has driven away a ton of drivers and once that starts happening things go downhill fast

HoosierDirtFan
02-05-2015, 11:04 AM
I read where the 3K promoters are going to run Gas City this year...

You read wrong. The O'Connor Family the former promoters of Kankakee (current owners of Kokomo, and promoters of Terre Haute) will be promoting Gas City, IN.

Cardirt0
02-05-2015, 02:23 PM
You read wrong. The O'Connor Family the former promoters of Kankakee (current owners of Kokomo, and promoters of Terre Haute) will be promoting Gas City, IN.

LIFE in stead of DEATH that's all-was GOOD... Glad good promoters are there not the bad one.. have know the O'Connors since the old man and D1ck hedrick ran a car back in the 80s

Cardirt0
02-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Will I knowed the O'Connors from SANTA FE speedway got too know him real well from the 0 car driven by O'Connor and owned by Hedrick ... thats a track I miss alot

Krooser
02-05-2015, 02:57 PM

The story never mentioned any names… just said the successful promoters of Kankakee Speedway were now adding Gas City to their resume. I saw the info on a blog somewhere. I guess 4M isn't the only place you can get bad info!

HoosierDirtFan
02-05-2015, 03:54 PM
The story never mentioned any names… just said the successful promoters of Kankakee Speedway were now adding Gas City to their resume. I saw the info on a blog somewhere. I guess 4M isn't the only place you can get bad info!

yeah that's understandable. per the gas city website the track has 7/8 races this year.

HoosierDirtFan
02-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Will I knowed the O'Connors from SANTA FE speedway got too know him real well from the 0 car driven by O'Connor and owned by Hedrick ... thats a track I miss alot

I agree about Santa Fe. That might have been the best track in the Midwest period. That dude knew hot to run a track and treat the drivers/ crews & fans with respect and dignity.

Racer96m
02-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Whatever your personal dealings with Tom have been, its not very productive to get on here and bash him and the track. Lets bash it until it goes under. With the economy the way it is, Im sure promotors will be lined up to come in. Then you all can start a new post about, I wonder if K3 will ever open again? Lets close LaSalle also, so everyone can drive 2 1/2 hrs to see a race. Ya that will help.

Dave.

dirtluver
02-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Who are the drivers Tom has run off? I think K3 does a good job. Last year was alot of rain and I still saw a lot good shows. Yes, late model car counts are down from the past. Most people just can't afford to race late models anymore. And with so many big shows every where any more. It hurts weekly tracks. I go to Lasalle, Fairbury, Farmer City every year. Good racing at all of them. But, K3 has had some of the better shows i went to. All class's run good. The PDC was the best last year...LOL...But, K3 summer nationals race was great also,

1bbmft
02-05-2015, 08:50 PM
I don't want ANY track to close, We've already lost Santa Fe and Crown Point, just stating from my home in Joliet the closest dirt track is Kankakee, LaSalle and Sycamore, and LaSalle and Sycamore don't run the class I run in. I still go to LaSalle a couple times a year to watch one of my sons race, but I don't see myself going back and race. But then again Kerriann is gone and she was the problem then so I could give Tony Jr a try if they raced the class I race in. If Tom treated me like Kerrian treated me I'd be gone from Kankakee in a heart beat. Good luck to all tracks and whoever posted about the cost of a LM (I gave them up after 1988 because of costs) and with a big show almost every week at one track or another you were right on. I think soon very few tracks will run LM on a weekly basis.

Pops15
02-05-2015, 11:44 PM
I've been going to K3 since it reopened and Sugar Island closed. I hate to see the track struggle.

When Smith took over the stands were packed and car counts were great...for awhile. Compare that with last season. Sure, some of the poor car counts and lousy attendance can be attributed to the economy, but mostly the blame falls on the promoter. Smith has done some outstanding things on the promotional side of the business, but he's his own worst enemy when it comes to people skills on race night.

The first thing that needs to happen for the track to be successful is for the promoter and his crew to stop pissing off racers and fans!

He needs to get a couple of wreckers.

Fans don't want to sit through a long drawn out show. There's no reason that the show can't be wrapped up by 11:00 most weeks. That might require some changes in personnel. So be it.

Yes, we all know supers are too expensive for most tracks to run weekly. Run them half of the shows, and make a concerted effort to get a good car count on the nights you do run them.

Instead of driving around on a 4 wheeler and racing a CLM maybe Smith should spend some time in the grandstands watching the show from the fan's perspective.
K3 is a tough track for a promoter but the place can be run successfully.

ugly1
02-06-2015, 12:13 PM
What drivers has he run off?? Really? In the ss class alone....16 7 99 55 18 3 15g 23t 23a shark car!

dirtyboy
02-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Crates, IMods and 4 bangers run for small purses.
Small purses = more money in Promoters pocket.
There's your clue, now figure out why he chased off the UMP Late Models and UMP Mods.

Trick is, how to fill the stands without running the top classes....

Fredfred Burger
02-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Does anyone else hate the fact that you cannot go fast on the middle or bottom. You have to be scraping the wall in 3 and 4 to go fast. When you move down you cannot pass. It is downright stupid. We should be racing in the middle of the track not making a death run straight towards turns 1 and 3.
Dave. Don't be silly. Most other tracks arent this bad. It is by FAR worse than the other 10 or 15 tracks in the area. This track is dead to me and quite a few other people the way it is. I would rather have literally any track there than this one. It could be flat and dusty and get done at a decent time and I would be a lot happier.

IZZOJR16
02-06-2015, 05:29 PM
O'connors had that place rocking back in the day, you would see the O'connor family running around literally sweating from head to toe during the races, but still hate they reconfigured it, i miss the old K1, it was a good little bullring track. K3 has always been a track troubled by promoters and keeping them because of the fair board, why I don't know but I'm assuming the board comes across too demanding.

IZZOJR16
02-06-2015, 05:38 PM
I've been going to K3 since it reopened and Sugar Island closed. I hate to see the track struggle. When Smith took over the stands were packed and car counts were great...for awhile. Compare that with last season. Sure, some of the poor car counts and lousy attendance can be attributed to the economy, but mostly the blame falls on the promoter. Smith has done some outstanding things on the promotional side of the business, but he's his own worst enemy when it comes to people skills on race night. The first thing that needs to happen for the track to be successful is for the promoter and his crew to stop pissing off racers and fans! He needs to get a couple of wreckers. Fans don't want to sit through a long drawn out show. There's no reason that the show can't be wrapped up by 11:00 most weeks. That might require some changes in personnel. So be it. Yes, we all know supers are too expensive for most tracks to run weekly. Run them half of the shows, and make a concerted effort to get a good car count on the nights you do run them. Instead of driving around on a 4 wheeler and racing a CLM maybe Smith should spend some time in the grandstands watching the show from the fan's perspective. K3 is a tough track for a promoter but the place can be run successfully. "I've been going to K3 since it reopened and Sugar Island closed." holly smokes POPS thats awesome. I use to drive by the old Sugar Island track on my way to K3 back in the day. My uncle use to tell me old urban legends about the track and how some famous drivers raced on it like Ned Jarret , Fred lorenzen, Buck Backer and so on. I agree with your post, couldn't have said it better.

IZZOJR16
02-06-2015, 05:39 PM
Whatever your personal dealings with Tom have been, its not very productive to get on here and bash him and the track. Lets bash it until it goes under. With the economy the way it is, Im sure promotors will be lined up to come in. Then you all can start a new post about, I wonder if K3 will ever open again? Lets close LaSalle also, so everyone can drive 2 1/2 hrs to see a race. Ya that will help. Dave. someone will always give K3 a try.

1bbmft
02-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Crates purse is $400 to win $80 to start, that's about what other tracks are paying.
I- Mods purse $250 to win $40 to start, and they cost 1/3 of a SS and they get $300 to win and $50 to start
4 cyl pay is $100 to win not sure start pay, LaSalle is $75 to win and I think $20 to start, Sycamore is $50, $40, $30, $20, $10 and only top 5 get money.

$ for $ the 4 cyl and I-Mods are the most affordable class there is.

As for the track, The top is the way most run but I run bottom and middle and I pass a lot of cars because there usually is a little moisture there and most either pump the wall or have to lift exiting turn four and scrub off a lot of speed.

Just a thought for you that think Tom is so bad, would you like Doug Judy back!

HoosierDirtFan
02-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Crates purse is $400 to win $80 to start, that's about what other tracks are paying.
I- Mods purse $250 to win $40 to start, and they cost 1/3 of a SS and they get $300 to win and $50 to start
4 cyl pay is $100 to win not sure start pay, LaSalle is $75 to win and I think $20 to start, Sycamore is $50, $40, $30, $20, $10 and only top 5 get money.

As for the track, The top is the way most run but I run bottom and middle and I pass a lot of cars because there usually is a little moisture there and most either pump the wall or have to lift exiting turn four and scrub off a lot of speed.

I-Mod just got more expensive with I-Mod director Roy Mitchell's new transmission rule. The class was supposed to be an affordable way to race. He just made it a good bit more expensive. I know a bunch of Indiana cars that will not be racing this year. <> They'll be lucky to get 8-10 cars (if even that) a night if all the talk I hear is correct.

ALSO no I wouldn't rather have Doug Judy back; I'd rather have Sherri Heckenast or the O'Connor family BACK!

dirtyboy
02-06-2015, 08:58 PM

My point is, the promoter ultimately will pay out LESS money if he doesn't run Super Late Models and UMP Mods.

The problem is, he cant fill the stands like he wants to without a good field of cars in the top classes.

It's as plain as black and white....just need to open your eyes

ugly1
02-06-2015, 10:15 PM
1bbmft If you run the bottom or middle of 3 and 4 and pass cars you should be track champ!!! Course they don't run sportsmen at K3....

ugly1
02-06-2015, 10:19 PM
I think all everybody is saying here is the track has gone downhill the last few years...one lane a lot of rocks....pill draw is not fair when when you reach in the bag and only ten chips in it and there is suppose to be 60.....Guys don't weigh after race and smitty lets it pass because its his car...I could go on and on....STUPID TAP OUT RULE!!!!

Pops15
02-06-2015, 11:01 PM
JR16, Those were just that...urban legends. Bobby Shell, Earl Hubert, and Jim O'Connor were the big names that raced at Sugar Island Park.

Dirtyboy, you nailed it. The current promoter doesn't want the top tier classes because of the purse. That's a defeatist attitude. A PROMOTER would be doing something to attract more fans not running off the premier classes.

HDF, The Imod class WAS the best deal going for the racer on a budget. Too bad the owner of the series screwed things up with the new trans and rear end rules.

1BBMFT, no one wants Doug Judy back! It would be nice to see the current promoter do some things to improve the situation instead of the continuous spiral downward.

1bbmft
02-07-2015, 05:14 PM
First off, I NEVER have said that Tom Smith is the best promoter or even in the top 10 and I've raced at LOTS of tracks with different promoters in 40 years racing at about 25 different tracks.

I don't race a Sportsman and didn't race every week by choice or I may have been the champion!, I race an I-Mod and yes I HATE the new rear end and trans rule, it has cost me $3500 for two rear ends, two gears and one trans (I had one trans) where I could have used that money for other things or money to race week to week. I know we are going to lose a couple cars from the K3 area not sure how its going to effect the guys in IN and that SUCKS. We had 22-24 I-Mods the last three nights and it was awesome to race with that many cars in a feature

Yes the car counts in ALL classes are nothing like 5 years ago when K3 used to get 15-20 LM, 25 Mods, 35-40 SS and 25 4cyl cars EVERY week. I'd like for you guys that are responding to this post and really count how many LM, SS and Mod drivers (some of the SS drivers listed by car number are only racing 2-3 times a year or not at all any where) that ran K3 REGULARLY 5-7 years ago that are still racing.

My main thing is I don't want any track to close and I'll do what ever I can to help keep K3 open as long as it's my home track, and if another track runs my class of cars for a special I'd go race there.