PDA

View Full Version : Who has best the best shot!

falsfanb12
02-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Which driver has the bet shot at winning track championship at FALS and Farmer City?Can anyone dethrone Scott Bull at FALS? Also do any of the Local Drivers have a chance at winning one of the several bigger races at these tracks?Also would like to know why you think they do or don't have a shot?I will weigh in on subject after I hear what the racing fans speak up!!

Highside Hustler25
02-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Great thread. I have to do some thinkin on this one. One thing I will say, I do think a Daren Friedman, a Scott Schmitt, a Derek Chandler, or a Scott Bull will pull off a PDC or Illini 100. They've been coming closer and closer every year.

TheJet-09
02-03-2015, 09:16 AM
Whatever the opinion, nobody can deny the amount of talent at those tracks. Most joints have one, two, maybe three guys capable of winning on any given night. But when you factor in a Weaver, Pierce, or Sheppard showing up for a weekly show you are guaranteed a good race every night. I would like to see Schmitt get it done at Fairbury. I don't know if he was there every week last year, but when he first went to a Pierce he was on a rail. Fast before that, but even better after the switch. I wouldn't overlook Harlan either, at least at Farmer City. I saw his car was for sale so I don't know his plans for this year, but there is something to be said for his consistency. Watching from a distance, I can't recall the last win he had but he did win the championship at FC so he should get consideration based on that. Whatever the case, its money well spent going to watch at those tracks!

Hemi24
02-03-2015, 06:20 PM
Harlan bought Friedmans longhorn car from last year and Friedman has a new longhorn

cgrace
02-03-2015, 07:25 PM
id take smith if he decides to race all year or ryan u.ya got shirley / feger showing up quite a bit 2

Scott Boesel
02-03-2015, 11:21 PM
Great thread. I have to do some thinkin on this one. One thing I will say, I do think a Daren Friedman, a Scott Schmitt, a Derek Chandler, or a Scott Bull will pull off a PDC or Illini 100. They've been coming closer and closer every year.

That would be awesome if one of these drivers could win one of those races

falsfanb12
02-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Well i see that peeps are not just throwing out there favorite driver! That is what I was hoping for! So far everyone has made some very valid points. The talent at these tracks are second to none on a weekly basis and why would anyone want to go anywhere else drivers and fans baffles me! Fals and FC track champ is going to be a hard to determine.Bull always keeps himself in position to win and has 3 straight championships in a row at FALS and 2 in last 3 years at FC. Friedman has that Longhorn figured out. Harlan is Mr Consistency but switching to a Longhorn could hamper him early in the year! With Friedman's help it shouldn't take long for him to get it right! Weaver can win anywhere when he is on and always fast! Wenger with some better luck could make a big impact, and from what I have gathered has a lot better equipment this year! There is a few other drivers that could throw a monkey wrench in the mix! Morris(don't get me started), Thorsten is still a year or two from breaking out but a talented driver,Schmitt if he runs both tracks every week will be a top contender.Chandler is in the same situation as Schmitt, with all the bigger money races at FALS 8 of 22 nights paying 2k plus to win is going to show the metal of the weekly drivers as you will see more of the big money racers showing up! This is where the track championship at FALS will be decided who can make a and finish up front on these nights. Now for the dark horses winning PDC or Illini 100 listed in no particular order are:Weaver,Bull,Wenger,Schmitt,Chandler,Harlan. Now with that being said I hope some more of the local talent will take this as a challenge and show up at these tracks more often, Can't be the best unless you race the best! 147 Drivers showed up at FALS last year lets shoot for 200 this year!! TY for listening