PDA

View Full Version : Sponsor your driver!

Latemodel333
02-05-2015, 06:14 AM
We all at time to time hear or have first hand knowledge of a team, or driver that just needs a break, or a little help. Now with your help you can give back to the sport that we all love. Dirt Late model Fan Fund will soon be launched for you the fan to give back how much ever you wish to fund voted drivers, or teams some extra help... Its focus wont be to add to another national drivers list of sponsors, but more like the Devin Morans that need our help to compete against the major teams. Scam??? Nope not a chance because you could be voted on the board, and be one of seven persons across the US that will know where the money is and where it goes. It will be a non profit organization, furthermore no one person will be compensated for your time on the board. With every ones help we can make a difference. This is not part of, or associated with the FANS FUND which normally helps teams to cedar lake. In addition to providing funding for all start up costs associated with start up for DLM Fan Fund, KFJ investments will donate no less than $100 per month.

Idea's are welcome, critics are also welcome to comment but it is no more than what the name says a fund to help a team, or teams in need. All sponsorships will be voted on by members anyone person that donates has a right to vote, no one person has more power than the next with voting rights. The site will be launched within the next 30 days... Until then lets see your support, lets see your pledge, and lets all try to gather a short list of teams in need. Any team that makes an attempt to compete in a national touring race is eligible except the ones already well funded. "Put your money where your mouth is" as many say!!!

The famed and great Humpy Wheeler is the first to join and show his support! He will be an honorary board member, and an asset to the organization! Thank you Humpy!

Race ticket's, Driver Apparel prizes, and more coming soon! WWW dot DLMFANFUND DOT org

cgrace
02-05-2015, 01:01 PM
how u deciding drivers votes??

Latemodel333
02-05-2015, 01:18 PM
how u deciding drivers votes??

Each member can submit a driver/team, they must be attempting to race a majority of higher profile races, and clearly underfunded. From there it will then get narrowed down by members in popular vote of all members. Very simple, and as I mentioned 6 people on the board will be members voted in to oversee funding, votes etc.

falsfanb12
02-05-2015, 01:25 PM
Great Idea can't wait to see this get started already bookmarked!!

Latemodel333
02-05-2015, 02:18 PM
We are currently in negotiation to sponsor our first car for East bay only. Anyone interested in helping the Moran's, and getting the program started?

Cardirt0
02-05-2015, 02:41 PM
333 you going to make it to FarmerCity this year

cgrace
02-05-2015, 02:44 PM
how u decidin they are under funded? doesn't seem like morans are compared to lots of others

Bubstr
02-05-2015, 02:50 PM
I have a question. What determines (clearly under funded)? Who and how will this be determined?

There are racers that go to some Crown Jewels that don't have enough spares and travel money to compete in WOO or Lucas Oil series. Are they clearly under funded? There are a lot of them, that have to choose due to finances.

Another question. Will the racer be helped at specific races or season long? If specific races, will they be excluded from close to home races, that they usually attend and eligible for races farther away?

If done fairly and openly, I suspect, it wouldn't be out of the question, to obtain a people's choice sponsor and really boost the effect of this. Would there be any stipulations or requirements, that go along with this money?

I think the basic idea is great. Maybe the next best idea, would be, every race team sat a collection jar out, after the races for fan funding.

Latemodel333
02-05-2015, 03:00 PM
how u decidin they are under funded? doesn't seem like morans are compared to lots of others

Great question, first once there are more members its not up to anyone person, it is up to the member's to vote, and by popular vote the team/driver is decided. East Bay races are the only races the few of us members have decided on, mainly just to get the name out, more Fans involved, and to showcase the program. Devin's program is under funded compared to most other Lucas Oil teams, and his car has room without going thru a whole new wrap. If you wish to get involved and have another driver in mind we can look at him/her as a consideration.

Latemodel333
02-05-2015, 03:28 PM
I have a question. What determines (clearly under funded)? Who and how will this be determined?

There are racers that go to some Crown Jewels that don't have enough spares and travel money to compete in WOO or Lucas Oil series. Are they clearly under funded? There are a lot of them, that have to choose due to finances.

Another question. Will the racer be helped at specific races or season long? If specific races, will they be excluded from close to home races, that they usually attend and eligible for races farther away?

If done fairly and openly, I suspect, it wouldn't be out of the question, to obtain a people's choice sponsor and really boost the effect of this. Would there be any stipulations or requirements, that go along with this money?

I think the basic idea is great. Maybe the next best idea, would be, every race team sat a collection jar out, after the races for fan funding.

Hello, and thank you for asking.
Underfunded is a team that clearly thru our members knowledge of the team, research, and information gathered when speaking directly to the team. It is always voted as to who gets what, and how much.
The goal is to sponsor as many teams annual racing schedule as possible. One race deals could be discussed, however the goal is to provide enough funding for each team in need for the year. The goal is to make a difference in each team that will produce results for them. We don't want to just help with a tire bill, our goal is to produce long term results, and one race deals don't accomplish those goals.
There will be stipulations that will protect the members as much as legally possible. Teams sponsorship is for completed races only, if team xyz suffers engine problems and cant return for several months the team is required to extend the term by the same time it was off. Each situation will be discussed by the members and the board to determine the best solution. No one person can, or will make decisions solo. Everything is by popular vote.

Our goal is to let the sports fans get involved with as many teams and drivers as possible. Another possible benefit will be member discounts on tickets, apparel, and DLM Fan Fund at track events.

drtrkr244
02-05-2015, 04:30 PM
Heres an idea! How about making each team submit proposals of what they will do to promote this website, once their given a sponsorship. Too many teams have taken sponsors money and didn't do anything for the sponsor afterwards. This has turned away many sponsors inc myself. Check out FK Rodends rant on Facebook, and you'll see my point. Its time for team owners/racers to do a better job of promoting their sponsors and their products, and not just putting a sticker on their car.

Latemodel333
02-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Heres an idea! How about making each team submit proposals of what they will do to promote this website, once their given a sponsorship. Too many teams have taken sponsors money and didn't do anything for the sponsor afterwards. This has turned away many sponsors inc myself. Check out FK Rodends rant on Facebook, and you'll see my point. Its time for team owners/racers to do a better job of promoting their sponsors and their products, and not just putting a sticker on their car.

You make some very good points! Each driver would be required to interact with our members and others to drive more interest to the sport via social media, interaction at track, private function, etc. Our website once complete will have video conference capabilities. There are so many that want to help the sport but don't have the resources to fully sponsor can now do so in a manner that allows them to choose an amount to fit there budget. Its a fact that once a person has had an opportunity to experience the great sport of DLM the majority will return.

Latemodel333
02-09-2015, 06:41 AM
Update: Very soon a temporary website will be launched. I am still searching for a designer to build our permanent home. We need one that is capable of allowing our members to participate in a video conference with featured drivers, and teams, among many other features. info@dlmfanfund.org will be active later today to email in any questions, or comments.

I was able to get out to a couple tracks this weekend, Golden Isle had by far the largest fan turnout that I attended, however there where only 30 teams going after the 10K.... (I didn't get to Bubba raceway)This shows just how much drivers and teams need your help to be able to show up, and be competitive. We need more drivers to have what it takes to race with these guys, and we can make a difference if we try. As a DLM Fan Fund member your money goes into the hands of needy teams, and each donation to a team will have clear stipulations for performance and growth of the team, your money will make a difference!

Fan event TBA:
We will have a DLM Fan Fund event at a track later this year where each member can enjoy a nice informal lunch, meet our sponsored teams, drivers, other DLMFF members, and DLMFF staff. What track would you want the event held??

FREE TICKETS!!!!!!! Each new DLMFF member to join from now thru the end of March will be entered into a drawing to win a pair of tickets to the Dream!! Drawing and winning member announcement will be posted to the site on 4-6-2015.

DLMFF shirts and other items will be available on and on our site very soon! Become a member and be part of selecting the design and layout. I have been asked, and I am not 100% sure if we should put in tier level of members, your comments and suggestions are welcome. I really didn't want to single out anyone for the level of participation, I wanted each and every member to be equal, however major donations should stand out in some way...

cdustyr1
02-12-2015, 11:50 AM

So many guys don't understand what should go into a sponsorship, and I see so many companies and business owners drop out of helping due to that. My race car does not use parts (it's a simulator) but I fully understand the need to provide value to those sponsors that let me advertise for them and try to work creatively to find new ways to promote their businesses. I think some racers need to take courses that are offered on sponsorship deals.

Latemodel333
02-24-2015, 07:52 PM
This is why you need to get them involved, take them to a race! If everyone that talks about a winning driver leaving the sport you should get involved in a group like this to raise awareness, to say you have a bigger voice, to make a DIFFERENCE!!! You sit there and say yeah right... Well you get 100 people, very small amount but an example, you put what you can afford to donate, that will go to help a driver, a team, a racetrack etc that you believe in and choose to sponsor. Pretty soon we will get more people involved and we can do more, yall have the power to bring back drivers, keep some from going away, or a racetrack, its all up to you. You have the choice to do what you all have asked to do. I am working on a small package to help Devin Moran in the next two Lucas races, he needs more and he would be winning, to do what he has with the equipment is amazing, and pure raw talent. Your voice, your choice.

Cooter Davenport
02-26-2015, 08:55 AM
Update: Very soon a temporary website will be launched. I am still searching for a designer to build our permanent home. We need one that is capable of allowing our members to participate in a video conference with featured drivers, and teams, among many other features. info@dlmfanfund.org will be active later today to email in any questions, or comments.

Check with Walters Web Design, Shane builds nice sites for many teams and tracks. He also advertises on here and other racing message boards, and the way I see it we should support those who support our sport. Check it out here... http://www.walterswebdesign.com/

dirty-white-boy
02-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Help!!! I need help ASAP! The job I CHOSE is not paying the bills like I want it to. I am not able to start my own dirt late model team!! I really need your generous donation!

I really really need the money to get this of the ground. My daddy didnt win 100's of races including the largest paying dirt late model race in history. My grandpa doesn't own a race track or countless oil wells. What I really need is YOUR hard earned cash. In return I will shake your hand when I show up at some BBQ at a track near you to make it seem like I really cared about your donation.

But wait....if you log into paypal in the next 13 minutes I will send you a cheap $5 t-shirt with my name on it so you can proudly wear it at your local track!

_LatemodelFan_
02-26-2015, 04:30 PM
I kinda have to side with dirty-white-boys way of thinking here, the more I read the thread the more it looked like the Devin Moran donation thread. I mean if I'm going to put at a minimum of $1,200.00 dollars a year into a race team why would I let 6 people and Humpy Wheeler decide where and who would get my donation ? Personally the way I look at it is if you cant afford to run with the Big Dogs then stay on the porch ! Or go beat the Bushes yourself and get a sponsor on your own accord. As long as I've been around this sport I can think of plenty of guys at my local track that I could donate $1,200.00 that would be much more appreciated and I could actually see where my investment went instead of reading about on some website and I could actually see my driver in person instead of some video conference.Different strokes for different folks I reckon !

Latemodel333
02-26-2015, 04:58 PM
I kinda have to side with dirty-white-boys way of thinking here, the more I read the thread the more it looked like the Devin Moran donation thread. I mean if I'm going to put at a minimum of $1,200.00 dollars a year into a race team why would I let 6 people and Humpy Wheeler decide where and who would get my donation ? Personally the way I look at it is if you cant afford to run with the Big Dogs then stay on the porch ! Or go beat the Bushes yourself and get a sponsor on your own accord. As long as I've been around this sport I can think of plenty of guys at my local track that I could donate $1,200.00 that would be much more appreciated and I could actually see where my investment went instead of reading about on some website and I could actually see my driver in person instead of some video conference.Different strokes for different folks I reckon !

Great questions, First if Devin was sponsored by this organization it would be done so for a few simple good reasons. 1) He is attempting to race a Lucas or WOO event, and is underfunded compared to the tour guys. Until other members join it would be my funds. 2) Once any other person is involved they have a voice, and a vote. The board members are only in place to oversee the sponsorships, and the votes. Every member can nominate and vote for whom ever you want. I encourage anyone that would like to sponsor a local team to do so. This is an avenue to let anyone the chooses to become a member and watch that money work for a driver or a team that is attempting to run a national tour, or majority of touring events but could not otherwise do so without the organizations help.

Barbecueboy
02-26-2015, 05:47 PM

No offense, and I hope your not who I think you are...........but just how many variations of the latemodelfan screen names were set up ????

After re reading your post( which is very well written)........it's abundantly clear that the other versions of late model fan screen names couldn't have possibly written what you did..........please accept my apologies.

Latemodel333
02-27-2015, 10:28 AM
To clear the air!
This concept came about from a majority of Dirt Late Model Fans concerned about the sport, drivers, and race tracks going away nationwide. The program allows any of you to become involved in a organization of race fans that want to assist a Driver, or a Team that is trying to compete on the National level with minimal funding. It also allows anyone that becomes a member the option to nominate, and vote on a driver of there choice, or on one that is already nominated. DLMFF will assist in supplying the Driver/Team of choice with what they believe the team most needs to compete. Every attempt will be made to purchase product, and allow a team to use what ever that needed component is, DLMFF will still own the asset. For example driver x needs a motor, DLMFF will if possible purchase the engine and allow driver x to use the motor thru the contracted period. DLMFF will at the end of the term collect the motor and reuse it in the future. Cash sponsorships will be avoided if possible to insure our members donations will continue to assist well into the future.
Six members will be nominated and voted into office by its peers to serve on a board which will have access to view any past, present, and future accounts, transactions, and inventory to insure assets are used to serve every members best interests, insure fairness in voting, and help guide the organization into the future. We strongly recommend anyone that wishes to become involved in a local track, or team to do so.
Why join? Its simple, it allows you to join forces with many other fans to combine resources that will make a difference. The retroactive benefits are endless, examples may include discount tickets, contests for free event pit passes, driver apparel, hauler tours, shop tours, private driver autograph sessions, victory lane invitations, and discounts on corporate partner products. The larger the group, the louder the voice we have, the more we can do. No this is not for everyone, those that do not want to be involved its your choice, however please respect the choice of those that wish to make a difference in the sport they love!

dirty-white-boy
02-27-2015, 12:34 PM
To clear the air!
This concept came about from a majority of Dirt Late Model Fans concerned about the sport, drivers, and race tracks going away nationwide. The program allows any of you to become involved in a organization of race fans that want to assist a Driver, or a Team that is trying to compete on the National level with minimal funding. It also allows anyone that becomes a member the option to nominate, and vote on a driver of there choice, or on one that is already nominated. DLMFF will assist in supplying the Driver/Team of choice with what they believe the team most needs to compete. Every attempt will be made to purchase product, and allow a team to use what ever that needed component is, DLMFF will still own the asset. For example driver x needs a motor, DLMFF will if possible purchase the engine and allow driver x to use the motor thru the contracted period. DLMFF will at the end of the term collect the motor and reuse it in the future. Cash sponsorships will be avoided if possible to insure our members donations will continue to assist well into the future.
Six members will be nominated and voted into office by its peers to serve on a board which will have access to view any past, present, and future accounts, transactions, and inventory to insure assets are used to serve every members best interests, insure fairness in voting, and help guide the organization into the future. We strongly recommend anyone that wishes to become involved in a local track, or team to do so.
Why join? Its simple, it allows you to join forces with many other fans to combine resources that will make a difference. The retroactive benefits are endless, examples may include discount tickets, contests for free event pit passes, driver apparel, hauler tours, shop tours, private driver autograph sessions, victory lane invitations, and discounts on corporate partner products. The larger the group, the louder the voice we have, the more we can do. No this is not for everyone, those that do not want to be involved its your choice, however please respect the choice of those that wish to make a difference in the sport they love!

assist a Driver, or a Team that is trying to compete on the National level with minimal funding. LMAO!!!! Bloomer has minimal funding compared to a team owned by Clint Boyer who has made millions in Nascar (actually made money as a job)

Im sorry but I find this whole thing absolutely hilarious! And let me guess, you are not making a dime off all this time and effort right? You are doing this out of the goodness of your heart for the love of the sport to help a driver pocket 1000's of dollars right?

cgrace
02-27-2015, 06:15 PM
if this guy this guys just tring to help nothing wrong w that. but i just give a hundred a couple times a year to my favorite driver to buy tires. last year 4 of us gave him $100 a piece driver was so grateful cause he just hauled a dang long way to get to our track. seems like easy way to do.

Latemodel333
02-28-2015, 12:08 AM
assist a Driver, or a Team that is trying to compete on the National level with minimal funding. LMAO!!!! Bloomer has minimal funding compared to a team owned by Clint Boyer who has made millions in Nascar (actually made money as a job)

Obviously neither of those teams would be eligible!

Im sorry but I find this whole thing absolutely hilarious! And let me guess, you are not making a dime off all this time and effort right? You are doing this out of the goodness of your heart for the love of the sport to help a driver pocket 1000's of dollars right?

Yes I get $0, nor would I keep anything! Yes there are people out here that do want to help the sport stay alive! My pay would be to see the program work as intended, and to make a difference like thousands of other fans would love to do. Whats real funny is you would want to be paid for what little time and effort it has taken. That part is hilarious! THE BOARD INSURES NO ONE GETS PAID!!

if this guy this guys just tring to help nothing wrong w that. but i just give a hundred a couple times a year to my favorite driver to buy tires. last year 4 of us gave him $100 a piece driver was so grateful cause he just hauled a dang long way to get to our track. seems like easy way to do.

Thank you!
What you and your friends have done did make a difference for that racer!! I am sure he was very grateful for the donation. DLMFF is similar in nature just on a National level.

dirty-white-boy
03-02-2015, 12:22 PM
Yes I get $0, nor would I keep anything! Yes there are people out here that do want to help the sport stay alive! My pay would be to see the program work as intended, and to make a difference like thousands of other fans would love to do. Whats real funny is you would want to be paid for what little time and effort it has taken. That part is hilarious! THE BOARD INSURES NO ONE GETS PAID!!

Garbage in and garbage out. Its 2015 and capitalism is alive and well. You are not doing it for your health and trust me, I understand. You should be paid for your efforts. Just dont go saying you are not making anything off it! And you mentioned Humpy's name. He doesnt blow his nose without trying to get Kleenex to pay for it!

I wish you luck. Tracks from dirt to Sprint Cup have tons of empty seats. I just cannot see a sustainable business from middle class fans throwing a 10 or 20 dollar bill at Devon Moran so he can 'compete" on a higher level lol. Prove me wrong!