PDA

View Full Version : bloomquest out to lunch

tsand
02-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Lucas oil outlawed his shocks and he struggled all night. Wasn't close to being competitive.

dirtMAN007
02-06-2015, 09:24 AM
Where can we find any info on lucas outlawing his shocks ?

bad1racing
02-06-2015, 09:38 AM
last time I check there was no Shock rule smh

Tireguy17
02-06-2015, 09:41 AM
1. If you're going to take a shot at someone, spell their dang name right!

2. basing anything off 1 night of racing on a rough track is being ridiculous....

WVRACEFAN
02-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Well Bloomquist finished 5th, I don't see that as much of a struggle, Most would be happy with the results.

BigNilla
02-06-2015, 11:07 AM
I'm not much of a BloomQUIST fan but tbis is probably the worst attempt to trash someone I have seen in a while.

tsand
02-06-2015, 11:22 AM
Not trashing. Shock rule was stated at drivers meeting . no electronic shocks no crossover shocks no data recording devices. Never ran in top ten until six cars ahead of him fell out in last ten laps. He struggled all night try to keep car straight.

Necrosis
02-06-2015, 11:31 AM
Not trashing. Shock rule was stated at drivers meeting . no electronic shocks no crossover shocks no data recording devices. Never ran in top ten until six cars ahead of him fell out in last ten laps. He struggled all night try to keep car straight.You are an idiot. I can't put it much simpler than that.

hpmaster
02-06-2015, 11:40 AM
HeII cancel the rest of the year the verdict is in! In one night Bloomquist is out to lunch and Rocket Kid is unstoppable. You just can't make this STuFF up!

tsand
02-06-2015, 12:06 PM
Not trashing Scott all I'm saying the advantage he had at the end of last year was taken away.was parked across from him and they were making major changes all night. Never could get car to settle down. Maybe being a non points race he was experimenting. But he is back on equal ground with everybody shock wise and to night the real season starts and tonight might be totally different.

bad1racing
02-06-2015, 12:11 PM
LOL go back to bed!!!!

Highside Hustler25
02-06-2015, 12:24 PM
I will say in someone's defense, a day ago, he was the guy to beat. Odds on favorite to start the year. It is only 1 race tho.

bad1racing
haha when have you ever ruled out bloomer? smh Im not even a fan. And your statement is invalid btw lol

george w
Not trashing Scott all I'm saying the advantage he had at the end of last year was taken away.was parked across from him and they were making major changes all night. Never could get car to settle down. Maybe being a non points race he was experimenting. But he is back on equal ground with everybody shock wise and to night the real season starts and tonight might be totally different.so what exactly did they take away from scott ? I dont even care a whole lot for the guy honestly but to sit here an act like the shocks he had last year had anything to do with any other year or big win he had is stupid . Just like any other year he has ever raced ,at this point in his career if you cant relize if they told them to run a briggs an stratton motor somehow someway he would adapt an overcome at somepoint always has an always will .

chupp n bloomer fan
02-06-2015, 12:42 PM
so what exactly did they take away from scott ? I dont even care a whole lot for the guy honestly but to sit here an act like the shocks he had last year had anything to do with any other year or big win he had is stupid . Just like any other year he has ever raced ,at this point in his career if you cant relize if they told them to run a briggs an stratton motor somehow someway he would adapt an overcome at somepoint always has an always will .Well said George.

bad1racing
02-06-2015, 12:46 PM
100% true ^

chupp n bloomer fan
02-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Started 14th and got 5th. So I don't care how he got it, wasn't like he started 5th and got 14th.

george w
02-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Bowyers two cars switched to penske shocks over the off season did they confiscate oneal's or francis's "cheater shocks" cause lord knows penske wouldnt sell bowyer a set he isnt big time enough for them lol prolly couldnt afford them either only scott bloomquist can .......

Kwd1253
02-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Well shocks or no shocks bloomer will find a way to win.. But you don't think he made back up plan if they did that to him? This is the man that doesnt let every on his secrets and tricks up his sleeve.

Latemodel333
02-06-2015, 01:38 PM
I have no clue about shocks, but there where only like 7 or so cars running at the finish, track was rough, and I dont think any shock would have cured that. As mentioned above Scott is a warrior, he will overcome many things others can't. Weather is better today so the track should be much better, the rain Wednesday night thru Thursday am was steady, with it pouring cows and horses at times. Lucky to get the show in with that much rain and not real good weather!

george w
02-06-2015, 01:46 PM
Bowyers two cars switched to penske shocks over the off season did they confiscate oneal's or francis's "cheater shocks" cause lord knows penske wouldnt sell bowyer a set he isnt big time enough for them lol prolly couldnt afford them either only scott bloomquist can ....... i stand corrected, from what i understand his shocks where taken last night . The dude still picked of 9 cars to a top 5 finish so lets not act as if he is out in left field .

B_K
02-06-2015, 01:48 PM
There was a shock package from Penske the Scott, Madden, and Overton were running at the end of last year. Heard that's why Overton was in the older Bloomquist cars instead of the newer Club stuff. Anyway, several bigger guys in the pits at Dixie were griping about it, and heard then they were going to outlaw the combination for this year.

This is not rumor, its what I saw and heard. Guess it was true.

That being said that package would not have been great on the surface they had last night anyway. Smooth and slick it's hard to handle. Scott's awesome, and is going to win a ton of races every year, but this guy is not far off in his initial report.

drano
02-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Shocks that can be electronically adjusted even by a smart phone have been outlawed per Lucas oil.

goincircles
02-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Not trashing Scott all I'm saying the advantage he had at the end of last year was taken away.was parked across from him and they were making major changes all night. Never could get car to settle down. Maybe being a non points race he was experimenting. But he is back on equal ground with everybody shock wise and to night the real season starts and tonight might be totally different.

Hello is there anyone out there ?????? Bloomquist constantly changes tires and shocks when they run for peanuts.Seen him at Eldora 2 years ago at the thursday night before the Dream during the feature heading to the pits every 5-6 laps changing tires before that I seen him change his shock package couple times between hot laps and heat races.You are really working hard to come up with something thats not there give it a rest like him or not he is in the top 3 in the nation each year lets play another gane like GO FISH lol

_keith_
02-06-2015, 03:58 PM
Lucas oil outlawed his shocks and he struggled all night. Wasn't close to being competitive. Wait till Saturday night when the pocket change turns into a PURSE. We shall see "Competitive"......L0L

_keith_
02-06-2015, 03:59 PM
The Race Thurs. night was a non-points race also....

IZZOJR16
02-06-2015, 05:02 PM
its more dinner time by now

tsand
02-06-2015, 05:25 PM
Friday night 13th out of 15 cars in group A qualifying will start last in his heat race.

SuperEight
02-06-2015, 05:32 PM

I'm curious as to what kinda shocks you think he had that they took? Second, spell his name right if you wanna launch an attack. Third, he usually doesn't come outta the gate hot, he doesn't win much at all at East Bay, never has. He does a lot of testing and experimenting early in the year, sometimes he wins early, but not often.

MUD MAESTRO
02-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Seen it many many times.....when there is little at stake, Bloomquist tests,tunes and works his azz off to be in position to claim the gold at the end of the rainbow. No one will out work this guy. Bloomer is a rare breed.....Owner, mechanic, driver, student of the game.

tsand
02-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Never said they took his shocks someone else did. They banned the penski cross over shocks and the electronic adjustments. Looked better in his heat race

SS Motorsports
02-06-2015, 06:44 PM
Would the Lucas Oil Series really wait until the opening night of speedweeks to make a rule change about shocks or any major component of a race car? I highly doubt if they would.

_keith_
02-06-2015, 07:12 PM
I doubt Lucas Oil would take away anything that will make the car handle better and run FASTER ......This sport is called RACING......l0l

ride height
02-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Not a Bloomquist fan by any stretch, but other than Jeff Purvis. Hes the best ive ever seen throw it down. Shocks CAN make or break anybody on any given nite, but to hammer someone for a sub par performance on one nite is a bit over the top. East Bay is a hole. I wouldnt judge anybody on that surface. Good grief. Come on.

ride height
02-06-2015, 07:50 PM
Haha ok. Sorry. I thought i read they were at East Bay. Its been a long day. I own a barbershop, and this site is the only thing i know of that rivals the BS i hear everyday in my job.

Scooby00
02-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Pearson,Landers,Bloomer top 3,came back from lunch to get 2nd and 3rd,I think its over thats what is was after 50 laps.

HoosierDirtFan
02-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Lucas oil outlawed his shocks and he struggled all night. Wasn't close to being competitive.

Your either on drugs or got hit by an animal tranquilizer dart. O ya almost for got Scott (started mid pack) finished 3rd tonight behind Earl Pearson Jr. (Winner) & Jared Landers.

Waldo
02-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Ride height, it's ok there are many opinions on this site and very little truths, such as the thread you are posting on.

Scooby00
02-06-2015, 08:04 PM
Some dude named Bailes was leading late,any info on him?

toyracer
02-06-2015, 08:12 PM
Ross is from Clover SC. Has been very successful in crates & 525 class. Just like a lot of other good racers just needed a shot at racing with the big guys. Baird trucking has given him that opportunity on a trial basis. He's no joke young man can wheel a race car. Just needs a little luck now.

nbd24
02-06-2015, 09:19 PM
First, I have a ton of respect for Scott and his enginuity. Facts are this. He ran a formula one style shock last year at Charlotte. He could adjust remotely from an I Phone. Shocks were $7000 a piece. WOO really didn't have a rule in place to boot him out. They let it go. They told their drivers over the winter that these shocks would be outlawed for 2015. Scott did nothing wrong. He was playing in the gray area again. Ask any of the WOO drivers. You will get the same explanation.

grt74
02-06-2015, 09:36 PM
this weekend is nothing more than a test session,2 things come to mind,hooked up rough track,and he favors the slick stuff which is a majority of the lucas stuff,

Necrosis
02-06-2015, 10:46 PM
First, I have a ton of respect for Scott and his enginuity. Facts are this. He ran a formula one style shock last year at Charlotte. He could adjust remotely from an I Phone. Shocks were $7000 a piece. WOO really didn't have a rule in place to boot him out. They let it go. They told their drivers over the winter that these shocks would be outlawed for 2015. Scott did nothing wrong. He was playing in the gray area again. Ask any of the WOO drivers. You will get the same explanation.No, they were F-.5 shocks and they are $92,000/each. Instead of shock fluid, he runs unicorn semen, virgin tears, and what used to be Billy Moyer's hair. True story.Facts, huh? Where you gettin them thar facts from, shipdit?

chupp n bloomer fan
02-07-2015, 02:25 AM
No, they were F-.5 shocks and they are $92,000/each. Instead of shock fluid, he runs unicorn semen, virgin tears, and what used to be Billy Moyer's hair. True story.Facts, huh? Where you gettin them thar facts from, shipdit?Unicorn semen? I like it;)

chupp n bloomer fan
02-07-2015, 02:27 AM
yeah good job with 6 cars dropping out you he got 5 th wow that mean if wasn't for bad luck on the 6 he would've got 11 but he was the fastest 11 place out thereSo Litey, why not just use your regular name?

Nasty55
02-07-2015, 03:07 AM
So Litey, why not just use your regular name?

Lol I do believe that he got sent to the principals office 1 to many times CNBF and he got expelled... Lmmfao :D

_keith_
02-07-2015, 03:58 AM
hmm anybody home they are in georgia right now Ben Shelton Told me to tell you Do Not post this dumb stuff again Dumb ass

plunks7
02-07-2015, 04:09 AM
First, I have a ton of respect for Scott and his enginuity. Facts are this. He ran a formula one style shock last year at Charlotte. He could adjust remotely from an I Phone. Shocks were $7000 a piece. WOO really didn't have a rule in place to boot him out. They let it go. They told their drivers over the winter that these shocks would be outlawed for 2015. Scott did nothing wrong. He was playing in the gray area again. Ask any of the WOO drivers. You will get the same explanation.

Wouldn't that make it the BOO, HOO, WOO Series? Just saying!! If the World of Out Outlaws (WOO) are so bad ass. There sure don't know how to Out law very well by what your saying. And YES I happen to like both series!!!!

swartzman
02-07-2015, 06:45 AM
Are you allowed to use idiot and dumba$$ in the same post on here?

wheelpackin
02-07-2015, 08:01 AM
Not trashing Scott all I'm saying the advantage he had at the end of last year was taken away.was parked across from him and they were making major changes all night. Never could get car to settle down. Maybe being a non points race he was experimenting. But he is back on equal ground with everybody shock wise and to night the real season starts and tonight might be totally different. You don't get out much do you?

B_K
02-07-2015, 09:03 AM
Are you allowed to be an idiot and use the word dumb a$$ in a post? Not talking about you Swartz.

SuperEight
02-07-2015, 09:14 AM
No, they were F-.5 shocks and they are $92,000/each. Instead of shock fluid, he runs unicorn semen, virgin tears, and what used to be Billy Moyer's hair. True story.Facts, huh? Where you gettin them thar facts from, shipdit?

I heard they were NASA engineered and satellite controlled via Houston ground control. Powered by radiation from a meteor strike in the Ukraine. But I thought the unicorn semen was only optional for arctic conditions, instead they might be using silver back gorilla scrotum sweat.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-07-2015, 09:42 AM
I heard they were NASA engineered and satellite controlled via Houston ground control. Powered by radiation from a meteor strike in the Ukraine. But I thought the unicorn semen was only optional for arctic conditions, instead they might be using grey back gorilla scrotum sweat.It's silverbacks, but I like it. Ok, I'm done with my Nat Geo seminar.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Are you allowed to be an idiot and use the word dumb a$$ in a post? Not talking about you Swartz.I believe so. See it all too often outta a certain poster.;)

Clayton_Wetter
02-07-2015, 02:12 PM
A.) NO "in-(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit driver controlled" suspension devices permitted. NO weight jacks of any kindpermitted. (This includes fifth [5th] coils, etc.). ANY driver using "in-(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit driver controlled"suspension devices or weight jacks WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM COMPETITION!

Remember Litey, Whack-A-Mole!!!!!