PDA

View Full Version : Jameson back to crew chief...

AnothaBenchRacer
02-07-2015, 10:25 AM
Looks like Darrell wasn't too comfortable with him out there, he will go back to crewing for Darrell and continue to run some races around the house...

COKEandaSMILE
02-07-2015, 11:04 AM
I just saw that bit of news. Bummer for JJ.

Pennsboro23
02-07-2015, 11:12 AM
That ended quickly...

Hoosier_Dirt
02-07-2015, 11:43 AM
LMAO...that didnt last long.

WisWildManFan
02-07-2015, 11:53 AM
Kid rocket already in club 29s head I guess

Hoosier_Dirt
02-07-2015, 12:00 PM
They had all winter long to hire help. How do you get seat time if you're crewing a car? How many summernationals tracks has he raced? What happened is they saw him get his arse handed to him Thursday and knew they were in the wrong crowd. He'll race at Moler and Florence, maybe Lawrenceburg.

Kroger
02-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Figured pull him know before somebody junks him He can't pull them a$$hole moves on the big boys cause they hit back I didn't figure it would last longer than Florida anyway

Brian Gray
02-07-2015, 12:07 PM
I'm gonna say it . I TOLD YOU SO !

COKEandaSMILE
02-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Do you really think the decision was based on a single performance at a track that he hasn't raced at before? ( I don't think he's raced there)

My guess is that lanigan missed him working on his car at the track. Its been documented how well that relationship had worked out.

Interested to hear what the actual reasoning was.

IZZOJR16
02-07-2015, 01:26 PM
OUCH... that would be a hard pill to swallow.

pink floyd
02-07-2015, 01:35 PM
i couldn't imagine putting Jameson in a car and being his teammate, it would destroy both teams, and it looks like lanigan has discovered that already. and lanigan has also found out that the woo tour is going to be much tougher than last years cakewalk.

IZZOJR16
02-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Jameson under contract with Lanigan? To have the rugged pulled out from under him like that would be enough to make someone say " no actually you can find a different crew chief".

ClampedUp
02-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Guess we now see who's the real brain trust behind the Disco 29 cars.....

t3r3e3
02-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Do you really think the decision was based on a single performance at a track that he hasn't raced at before? ( I don't think he's raced there)

My guess is that lanigan missed him working on his car at the track. Its been documented how well that relationship had worked out.

Interested to hear what the actual reasoning was.

This. When old buzz cut pays the bills, buzz cut decides when and where you race. Not a surprising move at all. Also, I don't see how Jameson is going to race consistently this year with the ambitious schedule WoO has. Seat time will be hard to get. There's no way Jaomeson runs the Summernats unless Lanigan finds a new crew chief.

Highside Hustler25
02-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Jameson under contract with Lanigan? To have the rugged pulled out from under him like that would be enough to make someone say " no actually you can find a different crew chief".

don't bite the hand that feeds ya!! I've got a feelin this is only temporary.

hustler t4
02-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Figured that was coming, prob looking at how much would get tore up. Don't know how much experience he has
in race car anyway. Need to get some major exp, before you get thrown out into the lions.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Guess we now see who's the real brain trust behind the Disco 29 cars.....

Huh?.......

Gary
02-08-2015, 07:02 AM
Post on Club 29:

Darrell Lanigan

Before you get on here and run your mouth you may want to get all the facts that happened this week that lead up to this decision. Jason and i talked it over decided that to get us both better prepared and more seat time for him we run him on a more regional schedule. This is a big financial task to take on alone so if you dont like how i run my business then dont get on my club 29 page. Thank you

SMOKE11
02-08-2015, 08:42 AM
Darrell has always done everything top notch/ first class. Obviously he is very busy with his chassis building business, and racing himself. In order to field a second team full time, on a major traveling series is a huge undertaking. two complete haulers, two or three cars each, and probably four motors each. Not to mention double the crew(which good crew members are hard to find). Darrell will not run a second car full time if he does not have all of this in place. It would not be fair to Jason. If Darrell can't do something 100% right, he won't do it. I'm sure Darrell realized they were not prepared to do this second team 100% and has postponed it until they can get everything in place. Darrell has a lot on his plate with a new chassis building business. I think they have sold around 70 cars in the last year. Jason is a good driver and will get his chance. Darrell will take care of him when they can do it the right way. I believe Jason understands that too.

hustler t4
02-08-2015, 08:56 AM
AS long as Lanigan has been in racing, surely he had that figured out before hand.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Post on Club 29:

Darrell Lanigan

Before you get on here and run your mouth you may want to get all the facts that happened this week that lead up to this decision. Jason and i talked it over decided that to get us both better prepared and more seat time for him we run him on a more regional schedule. This is a big financial task to take on alone so if you dont like how i run my business then dont get on my club 29 page. Thank youNot a big Darrell fan, but I like it. What he said was well said and to the point. Not sure how many rentals he has, but that's on his plate too. I'm sure he has managers, but still.

COKEandaSMILE
02-08-2015, 10:40 AM
From the time the announcement was made that jj would race what changed? Was the idea not thought thru? Or the fact that lanigan hasn't performed to his standards in his own equipment this year play a factor?

Highside Hustler25
02-08-2015, 10:55 AM
2 races in? Really?

t3r3e3
02-08-2015, 11:11 AM
From the time the announcement was made that jj would race what changed? Was the idea not thought thru? Or the fact that lanigan hasn't performed to his standards in his own equipment this year play a factor?

Performance, or lack thereof, makes sense. Since Lanigan foots the bills, he reserves the right to make personnel decisions. Lanigan's team is the money maker, so it makes sense to get his program right. The real question is will Jameson be able to accrue enough seat time this year if he returns to Lanigan's crew chief?

*Bandit*
02-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Although Darrell posted what he did, I am sure there is a plan. Watch and see what happens next :)

plunks7
02-08-2015, 11:26 AM
He will use Jamison as a jam car when needed!!

drtrkr244
02-08-2015, 11:36 AM
He will use Jamison as a jam car when needed!!

He didn't need Jameson last nite, he had 101 do it!

Barbecueboy
02-08-2015, 02:11 PM
Donald trump has spoken on the Jamison driving the second car deal....

TS FAN
02-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Post on Club 29:

Darrell Lanigan

Before you get on here and run your mouth you may want to get all the facts that happened this week that lead up to this decision. Jason and i talked it over decided that to get us both better prepared and more seat time for him we run him on a more regional schedule. This is a big financial task to take on alone so if you dont like how i run my business then dont get on my club 29 page. Thank you

Makes sense to me!!!

cutman
02-08-2015, 04:04 PM
So you had a whole offseason to prepare and plan, haul all the way to GA/FL and figure out it ain't gonna work after one race? I know Jason can't bite that hand, but man that has got to be tough after all the hoopla and announcements after last season.

TS FAN
02-08-2015, 04:28 PM
So you had a whole offseason to prepare and plan, haul all the way to GA/FL and figure out it ain't gonna work after one race? I know Jason can't bite that hand, but man that has got to be tough after all the hoopla and announcements after last season.

You certainly make a good point. But, I have no problem understanding what happened. Sometimes things that seem to be a good idea, all of the sudden aren't. Especially something like this. I know you know these guys and I do too BTW. However that really doesn't have a bearing on my thinking in this case.

hustler t4
02-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Right on cutman, also guess it makes a difference since Richards is back and already running good.
Like we said, they had the off season to have all this fig out, didn't just come up after driving all the way
to south Ga.