PDA

View Full Version : Roberts/Richards part2...

TheHeadHunter
02-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Was listening to live stream, and it sounds like Casey got his pay back tonight on Richards.. Richards was running 6th at the time..

Way to go Roberts!!lmao

plunks7
02-07-2015, 10:25 PM
I watched it. No big deal!!! Now Casey won't see him probably the rest of the year.

W2Racing09
02-07-2015, 11:30 PM
I watched it. No big deal!!! Now Casey won't see him probably the rest of the year.

If they do I hope Richards puts him in the fence. That was just plain ignorant. I can see running him hard just like he did to Roberts on Thursday, but Roberts just plain took Richards out. What can you expect I guess, Roberts has to do something to get some attention, because his driving certainly does not get him any.

ForLoveOfTheGame
02-07-2015, 11:52 PM
If they do I hope Richards puts him in the fence. That was just plain ignorant. I can see running him hard just like he did to Roberts on Thursday, but Roberts just plain took Richards out. What can you expect I guess, Roberts has to do something to get some attention, because his driving certainly does not get him any.You clearly haven't watched Casey much then.

pink floyd
02-08-2015, 12:23 AM
casey should not have spun josh like he did tonight, it was clearly intentional and just plain wrong. there is a difference to me between the two incidents; josh was too aggressive the night before, and casey simply retaliated tonight which is wrong. the classy thing to have done would have been to pass him clean for 6th place and drive on.

t3r3e3
02-08-2015, 12:24 AM
If they do I hope Richards puts him in the fence. That was just plain ignorant. I can see running him hard just like he did to Roberts on Thursday, but Roberts just plain took Richards out. What can you expect I guess, Roberts has to do something to get some attention, because his driving certainly does not get him any.

You must be Ray Charles, cuz you obviously didn't see Josh's pathetic attempt at a "pass" Thursday. Casey owed him one. You reap what you sow. Roberts didn't tear up Josh either, but smartly waited until late in the race to spin him. That way Josh couldn't make up positions and was relegated to the back of the pack. As for Casey's driving talents, you obviously don't pay much attention to racing. Anyone in the know knows that Casey is one of the best regional guys in the SE.

Highside Hustler25
02-08-2015, 12:52 AM
casey should not have spun josh like he did tonight, it was clearly intentional and just plain wrong. there is a difference to me between the two incidents; josh was too aggressive the night before, and casey simply retaliated tonight which is wrong. the classy thing to have done would have been to pass him clean for 6th place and drive on.

You must have Josh in the Sniper Fantasy League this weekend:D

sorry Pink, I had to:)

Everybody including all in attendance had to be waiting for that one to happen. Roberts said he was going to do it in advance. It was inevitable.

Krooser
02-08-2015, 12:56 AM
At least Casey strapped on a pair and did what he had to do… too many wimps in racing today.

pink floyd
02-08-2015, 01:28 AM
You must have Josh in the Sniper Fantasy League this weekend:D

sorry Pink, I had to:)

Everybody including all in attendance had to be waiting for that one to happen. Roberts said he was going to do it in advance. It was inevitable.

it's all good hh25, and yes, i had josh AND casey, lol. i was hoping that casey would be the bigger man and not spin him like he did. oh well.

pink floyd
02-08-2015, 01:29 AM
At least Casey strapped on a pair and did what he had to do… too many wimps in racing today.

whatever..

scrub_fan
02-08-2015, 02:18 AM
Case should have been tossed out after Thursday in the pits with tons of people standing around he hit Josh in the pits shoving him off the scales while the tech inspectors were checking tires I do however think that Josh screwed him over and what he got tonight was justified but don't go playing demolition cars in the pits on a side note they hauled joshes crew guy Danny from Eckert team out in the back of a cop car in handcuffs after the race

Nasty55
02-08-2015, 02:51 AM

You are correct Krooser he did have the set to retaliate... But when he punted josh in the pits thats where he went beyond retaliation and went into plain stupid mode because he could of seriously injured someone or even killed someone.... I'm all for a little bit of pay back as long as it doesn't endanger someone's life...

ClampedUp
02-08-2015, 05:05 AM
How soon we forget the negative light dirt track racing was put in last year even though it was ruled an accident. If you have to use your car as a weapon on the track or pits it should be an automatic multiple race suspension and hefty fine to come back.
I don't care if it's Joe Local or a national superstar. All it's going to take is an other serious injury or death caused by some nut less fool retaliating on the track or in the pits to bring the wrath of the insurance companies and even the government down on the tracks, series, and drivers.

W2Racing09
02-08-2015, 06:49 AM
You must be Ray Charles, cuz you obviously didn't see Josh's pathetic attempt at a "pass" Thursday. Casey owed him one. You reap what you sow. Roberts didn't tear up Josh either, but smartly waited until late in the race to spin him. That way Josh couldn't make up positions and was relegated to the back of the pack. As for Casey's driving talents, you obviously don't pay much attention to racing. Anyone in the know knows that Casey is one of the best regional guys in the SE.

So maybe he should stick to running regional shows. He can go run for $3k somewhere while Richards is busy winning $100k from the Outlaw championship. It's not strapping on a pair, it's being being a complete tool. Josh raced him clean compared to what how Roberts raced him. I expect ignorant stuff like that in a street stock or a demolition derby where people don't have big sponsors to represent.

hucktyson
02-08-2015, 06:50 AM
It amazes me how you all deep throat the golden boy. The dumped Roberts out of a win and you expect what ???? Richards should have been beaten unconscious for what he did to Roberts unfortunately that's not legal anymore

RW57
02-08-2015, 07:39 AM
I have told my son if he is going to get even try to do it where no one else is gonna get involved so far only 1 time has he done anything intentional and he had reached his limit of getting run over no one else was involved and you know what he earned the other drivers respect now they know he ain't gonna take no b/s. Now what was Roberts supposed to do I did not know about the pit incident that was wrong but I /we have all been there and reacted w/o thinking. When I drove it would have been an ass kicking for the Kid and we would have been fine. We settled man to man in my day now we get on facebook and promise ass kickings via the internet .Today is just a different time.

onlyfacts
02-08-2015, 08:12 AM
It amazes me how you all deep throat the golden boy. The dumped Roberts out of a win and you expect what ???? Richards should have been beaten unconscious for what he did to Roberts unfortunately that's not legal anymoreHate to see what you think should happen to someone that does something that is a real crime. People like you are the reason this world is the way it is. A guy like this should be banned from all public forums.

COKEandaSMILE
02-08-2015, 08:21 AM
One thing is for certain, the next time Richards is around Roberts on the track, he will think twice about pulling the same move he did on Friday....

B_K
02-08-2015, 09:20 AM
Those guys will take, take, take. You have to show them there's consequences sometimes. He cost the 101 2-3k Thursday night. He didn't junk josh he spun him out. The stuff in the pits is a different story.

W2Racing09
02-08-2015, 09:54 AM
One thing is for certain, the next time Richards is around Roberts on the track, he will think twice about pulling the same move he did on Friday....

I for one hope he puts Roberts in the fence first chance he gets.

onlyfacts
02-08-2015, 09:58 AM
Those guys will take, take, take. You have to show them there's consequences sometimes. He cost the 101 2-3k Thursday night. He didn't junk josh he spun him out. The stuff in the pits is a different story.The pit deal was totally uncalled for and it should have ended there. He could have hurt someone that had nothing to do with it... Roberts showed he has no class after retaliating in the pits on Thursday and smashing in to the back of Josh's car twice at the scales.. He should have been out at that point. Then a premeditated plan to take Josh out should have been handled by the Woo officials and he should have been out. What happened on Thursday wasn't right but the way Roberts handled the deal shows he has no class.

MILLER7FAN
02-08-2015, 09:59 AM
I have told my son if he is going to get even try to do it where no one else is gonna get involved so far only 1 time has he done anything intentional and he had reached his limit of getting run over no one else was involved and you know what he earned the other drivers respect now they know he ain't gonna take no b/s. Now what was Roberts supposed to do I did not know about the pit incident that was wrong but I /we have all been there and reacted w/o thinking. When I drove it would have been an ass kicking for the Kid and we would have been fine. We settled man to man in my day now we get on facebook and promise ass kickings via the internet .Today is just a different time. Could not have said it any better.

drtrkr244
02-08-2015, 10:02 AM
Total classless act in my opinion.Looked like a move at the local Sat. nite track.Casey could have doored him the same way but chose the cheap shot. Just wait till Volusia Casey, you'll probly need a rollback to get your car home! BTW, neither of them are my favs.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-08-2015, 10:12 AM
It amazes me how you all deep throat the golden boy. The dumped Roberts out of a win and you expect what ???? Richards should have been beaten unconscious for what he did to Roberts unfortunately that's not legal anymoreNever was legal. Now there is just more chance for repercussions for being a dumba$$. You give him the same back. Which if he drilled him in the pits shoulda been end of story. Amazes me how you all hold Josh to a different standard too. How about the multiple fuk ups your new hero has made? You just brush them off as hard racing, when most were clearly dumba$$ moves. Same thing with Josh. He dumps someone, get the same in return or at least let them know don't fuk with me. He did that Thursday. Saturday=dumb.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-08-2015, 10:16 AM
I know Josh supposedly screwed Casey. Ok, so you give him the same treatment back. Which if he hit him in the pits Thurs, shoulda been end of story.

But to just dump a guy like a tool on Saturday, makes you just as bad or worse than him. Amazes me because Josh is who he is, he also gets held to a different standard than a regional guy like Casey. Should be interesting come Volusia.

onlyfacts
02-08-2015, 10:36 AM
I know Josh supposedly screwed Casey. Ok, so you give him the same treatment back. Which if he hit him in the pits Thurs, shoulda been end of story.But to just dump a guy like a tool on Saturday, makes you just as bad or worse than him. Amazes me because Josh is who he is, he also gets held to a different standard than a regional guy like Casey. Should be interesting come Volusia.Roberts proved he is a low life with no class.. I really think his owner Mr. Cushman is a great guy but to have a guy like that and a bunch of low life's supporting Roberts actions doesn't look to good for him.

SuperEight
02-08-2015, 10:39 AM

I'm gonna guess you two are wearing your beer goggles. I'm also gonna guess you make most of your responses to try and illicit a strong response, you may even be the same person, one of those trolls.

My final response on the events are this, what Richards did was intentional, he knew what the outcome would most likely be when he arched his car early and drew a straight line towards the center of the turn, over the berm, right where Roberts would be. Its what is defined as a, "Bonzai/Kamakazee" move or a "Body Slam". The intention is to either force your opponent to give way, to checkup, or if he doesn't your momentum will cause you to hit him with #2400 of race car and physically force him out of the groove. This is a last ditch effort from someone who knows they are defeated and are unable to compete fairly or gentlemanly on the field of play from this moment forward. Its a cowardly, shameless act of desperation and demonstrates a complete lack of respect or regard for your fellow competitors.

On the other hand if you are the recipient of such a move you have a couple of choices. One you can turn the other cheek and simply move on and this is a respectable wise course to follow, but you run the risk of continued intimidation and abuse. Second you can go flap your gums at the disrespecting party, but it usually has little to no effect depending on the person. On Richards this would have no effect, he only understands a more physical language. So the second course of action is to demonstrate to him physically that he can NOT simply intimidate you or push you around like some school yard bully. And bullying is exactly what this was.

Richards is a national tour racer with plenty of funds and equipment and he races with a sense of entitlement. Roberts is a humble auto mechanic that drives for a small regional team, owned and funded by a bodyshop owner. I've known Casey Roberts going back to 1998 when he drove for a friend of mine running a limited engine against open comp cars and winning. At some point you have to stand up to the bully or he will think he can simply keep pushing you around whenever he deems necessary for his own wants. David had to face Goliath and Jesus cleared the temple when he saw the wrong that was being done there, so at some point the giant has to be slain.

Richards took a huge risk dive bombing into the corner the way he did, it was wild, risky and over the top aggressive. Roberts gentle spin by comparison was far less aggressive and demonstrated a measured response that served the intended purpose, it sent a message don't mess with me and took away some valuable points from Richards title hopes. Its the difference between using a sledge hammer or a scalpel. The latter requires more skill...

Lastly I wasn't there in person, only watched on video.

Good day.

B_K
02-08-2015, 10:41 AM
I'm not defending Roberts btw, honestly never been a fan. I understand why he chose to do what he did ON track.

COKEandaSMILE
02-08-2015, 10:45 AM
Super eight,

The best post I've read on 4m, ever!

Well done sir.

t3r3e3
02-08-2015, 10:58 AM
I'm gonna guess you two are wearing your beer goggles. I'm also gonna guess you make most of your responses to try and illicit a strong response, you may even be the same person, one of those trolls.

My final response on the events are this, what Richards did was intentional, he knew what the outcome would most likely be when he arched his car early and drew a straight line towards the center of the turn, over the berm, right where Roberts would be. Its what is defined as a, "Bonzai/Kamakazee" move or a "Body Slam". The intention is to either force your opponent to give way, to checkup, or if he doesn't your momentum will cause you to hit him with #2400 of race car and physically force him out of the groove. This is a last ditch effort from someone who knows they are defeated and are unable to compete fairly or gentlemanly on the field of play from this moment forward. Its a cowardly, shameless act of desperation and demonstrates a complete lack of respect or regard for your fellow competitors.

On the other hand if you are the recipient of such a move you have a couple of choices. One you can turn the other cheek and simply move on and this is a respectable wise course to follow, but you run the risk of continued intimidation and abuse. Second you can go flap your gums at the disrespecting party, but it usually has little to no effect depending on the person. On Richards this would have no effect, he only understands a more physical language. So the second course of action is to demonstrate to him physically that he can NOT simply intimidate you or push you around like some school yard bully. And bullying is exactly what this was.

Richards is a national tour racer with plenty of funds and equipment and he races with a sense of entitlement. Roberts is a humble auto mechanic that drives for a small regional team, owned and funded by a bodyshop owner. I've known Casey Roberts going back to 1998 when he drove for a friend of mine running a limited engine against open comp cars and winning. At some point you have to stand up to the bully or he will think he can simply keep pushing you around whenever he deems necessary for his own wants. David had to face Goliath and Jesus cleared the temple when he saw the wrong that was being done there, so at some point the giant has to be slain.

Richards took a huge risk dive bombing into the corner the way he did, it was wild, risky and over the top aggressive. Roberts gentle spin by comparison was far less aggressive and demonstrated a measured response that served the intended purpose, it sent a message don't mess with me and took away some valuable points from Richards title hopes. Its the difference between using a sledge hammer or a scalpel. The latter requires more skill...

Good day.

This, minus the first sentence or two. Josh chose to drive like a clown, and got paid back. An eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. While I don't condone Casey's actions at the scales Thursday, his actions on Saturday were justified. No one got hurt, other than Richards' purse money and points total. And as Super 8 said, maybe Josh will race more respectfully around the 101 in the future. Probably not, given Josh's history, but maybe so.

ClampedUp
02-08-2015, 11:03 AM

Good day.

So Roberts aggression in the pits using his car as a battering ram at the scales putting innocent people at risk is a perfectly acceptable form of retaliation to you??
Both of them were in the wrong that night and it should have ended right then.
The series and tracks need to grow some balls and put an end of this crap no matter what the drivers name is.
One of these days it is going to cause some MAJOR implications for everyone involved from the track right on down to the sponsors on the car.....

onlyfacts
02-08-2015, 11:04 AM
I'm gonna guess you two are wearing your beer goggles. I'm also gonna guess you make most of your responses to try and illicit a strong response, you may even be the same person, one of those trolls. My final response on the events are this, what Richards did was intentional, he knew what the outcome would most likely be when he arched his car early and drew a straight line towards the center of the turn, over the berm, right where Roberts would be. Its what is defined as a, "Bonzai/Kamakazee" move or a "Body Slam". The intention is to either force your opponent to give way, to checkup, or if he doesn't your momentum will cause you to hit him with #2400 of race car and physically force him out of the groove. This is a last ditch effort from someone who knows they are defeated and are unable to compete fairly or gentlemanly on the field of play from this moment forward. Its a cowardly, shameless act of desperation and demonstrates a complete lack of respect or regard for your fellow competitors. On the other hand if you are the recipient of such a move you have a couple of choices. One you can turn the other cheek and simply move on and this is a respectable wise course to follow, but you run the risk of continued intimidation and abuse. Second you can go flap your gums at the disrespecting party, but it usually has little to no effect depending on the person. On Richards this would have no effect, he only understands a more physical language. So the second course of action is to demonstrate to him physically that he can NOT simply intimidate you or push you around like some school yard bully. And bullying is exactly what this was. Richards is a national tour racer with plenty of funds and equipment and he races with a sense of entitlement. Roberts is a humble auto mechanic that drives for a small regional team, owned and funded by a bodyshop owner. I've known Casey Roberts going back to 1998 when he drove for a friend of mine running a limited engine against open comp cars and winning. At some point you have to stand up to the bully or he will think he can simply keep pushing you around whenever he deems necessary for his own wants. David had to face Goliath and Jesus cleared the temple when he saw the wrong that was being done there, so at some point the giant has to be slain.Richards took a huge risk dive bombing into the corner the way he did, it was wild, risky and over the top aggressive. Roberts gentle spin by comparison was far less aggressive and demonstrated a measured response that served the intended purpose, it sent a message don't mess with me and took away some valuable points from Richards title hopes. Its the difference between using a sledge hammer or a scalpel. The latter requires more skill...Good day.Play it anyway you want. Still won't change the fact that Roberts acted like a classless a$$ in the pits on Thursday. It should have been over and for his childish actions he should have been out for the weekend. He proved who he is. When you attack after the race with a race car you are putting innocent people in harms way. There is no excuse or defense for that.I really hope Josh doesn't do anything to retaliate and knowing him he won't. Because right now he is the bigger person. Roberts= idiot.

lazermod3
02-08-2015, 11:05 AM

Good day.

And now you know the rest of the story,Page Two!

onlyfacts
02-08-2015, 11:10 AM
And now you know the rest of the story,Page Two!Yea lucky Roberts didn't retaliate on Lanigan after that bad slide job in heat race. If you live in a glass house don't throw stones.

Kwd1253
02-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Haha I'm glad Roberts spun Richards out, get how you live!!! It's so funny all nuthuger Richards fans get all pissy when someone give him taste of his own medicine. Because josh didn't race hard that night it was straight up a$$ move but it ok for him do it. Then say anyone can race him hard, well Roberts races him hard last night.

wheelpackin
02-08-2015, 11:49 AM
That couldn't have been more deliberate. Just watched the video. I'm not a fan of Richards so that would have just been cheap entrainment for me. GO 101!

44-19-21-39
02-08-2015, 12:03 PM
Went by the Casey Roberts Trailer and got our shirts.
I do not condone what Roberts done with his car in the pits on Thursday, other than the heat of the battle. However on the track I say they are square and that should be the end of it.
Let's not forget that Thursday was a $5k non-points non-sanctioned event. Josh should of used Thursday for a test session for the real prize money and points. Win if you can, don't hurt the car, learn something, don't make yourself a target for the rest of the weekend and loose some fans in the process. Some drivers may not retaliate as nicely as Roberts did.

COKEandaSMILE
02-08-2015, 12:18 PM
I for one hope he puts Roberts in the fence first chance he gets.

You realize that the 101 car does not dump the 1 car IF the 1 car does not run over the 101 car for the win, don't you?

GEAR_HEAD
02-08-2015, 12:51 PM
Payback's a bitch. Except 101 still owes him because he was screwed out of win. They were only battling for 6th when 101 retaliated.

zyoung25
02-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Yea lucky Roberts didn't retaliate on Lanigan after that bad slide job in heat race. If you live in a glass house don't throw stones.

Heats and features are 2 different animals. Heats don't pay money, features do. Taking money out of another man's pocket is the same as taking food off of a man's table. I'd say most drivers could live with a bone head move in a heat, take a win away or take money from him he's not going to be happy.

I haven't seen the video to either one of theses deals, so I won't comment on this topic. Your name is onlyfacts, I just threw 2 good facts on ya.

tsand
02-08-2015, 02:57 PM
when richards learns he has more to lose than to gain by running over people then he will change his driving style. lets hope last night was the first chapter in his schooling.

Drop Shock
02-08-2015, 04:45 PM

Good day.

Small regional team?? When did they start pulling to the track with a pickup? Roberts has changed chassis builders like 3 times in the last 5 years, and has some top notch motors from the sound of therm. Hes is far from underfunded like your trying to paint the picture of. Still acted as a little punk cry baby. Josh goes for the win, Roberts gets payback off and on the track. What a puss

Kwd1253
02-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Small regional team?? When did they start pulling to the track with a pickup? Roberts has changed chassis builders like 3 times in the last 5 years, and has some top notch motors from the sound of therm. Hes is far from underfunded like your trying to paint the picture of. Still acted as a little punk cry baby. Josh goes for the win, Roberts gets payback off and on the track. What a pussRoberts a puss for that?? So if someone gave you pay back because you screwed them. Then they came to your house kicked your a$$ that person would be a puss.. 10 4 on your logic of thinking.

Birky15Bfan
02-08-2015, 05:10 PM
You can say what you want,but feuds like those two are having right now is what puts fans in the stands. If it wasn't for the wreck between Cale Yarlborough and Donnie Allison and the fight that followed NASCAR would have went back to only seeing part of the Daytona 500 on Wide World of Sports instead of the whole season being shown on TV every year. So I say bring on the aggressive drivers.

RW57
02-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Just saw the video totally B/S move by Rocket boy I stand by what I said earlier he needed his ass kicked and anybody who saw nothing wrong with it no1 has never sat in or been associated in any kind of way with a race car or is just plain out stupid no way you can defend that move that he made total B/S move someone is gonna take him out behind the wood shed one note and make him pay!!!!!!

BIGCAT
02-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Since some of you brought up that Casey is the SE regional race driver, look at both races results for past few days. The "SE regional" drivers did well.

By the way, good job Roberts!

W2Racing09
02-08-2015, 08:36 PM

Good day.

So you and Roberts are banking on the fact that Richards will now call it even (it is definitely not in my opinion) and that will be that? I genuinely hope that Richards takes the next opportunity he has to end a race or two for Roberts.

Also, are you implying that Josh Richards is unskilled? He is faster than Roberts at 9 out of every 10 tracks. Richards has won three WoO championships, and is one of the five or six best drivers in the country. By comparison Roberts is occasionally fast running against National drivers and is more often seen running regional races against a fractured South East SLM division. He isn't nearly as dominant regionally as Richards is nationally.

Lastly, I don't know what kind of body shop the owner of his car is running but he must be one hell a business person if he is using his lowly body shop income to fund that nice Toter and those $50k+ SLMs that Roberts is running.

I don't really think it matters who has what at the SLM level, just about everyone has more than enough money to field the car they are running on the track. Roberts is certainly not what I would consider a low budget racer.

I guess my point is that you and many others are looking at Roberts as an underdog, but in reality the only reason he is at a disadvantage to Richards is because of the huge difference in racing ability. Nothing more, nothing less.

You are comparing one of the premier drivers in the country to decent regional driver.

PS: Just because someone disagrees with your (incorrect) opinion does not make them a troll. You and your opinion may be totally incorrect, but I don't consider you a troll -- just an ignorant Rocket hater.

Thanks,
Jeff.

drtrkr244
02-08-2015, 08:43 PM
So you and Roberts are banking on the fact that Richards will now call it even (it is definitely not in my opinion) and that will be that? I genuinely hope that Richards takes the next opportunity he has to end a race or two for Roberts.

Also, are you implying that Josh Richards is unskilled? He is faster than Roberts at 9 out of every 10 tracks. Richards has won three WoO championships, and is one of the five or six best drivers in the country. By comparison Roberts is occasionally fast running against National drivers and is more often seen running regional races against a fractured South East SLM division. He isn't nearly as dominant regionally as Richards is nationally.

Lastly, I don't know what kind of body shop the owner of his car is running but he must be one hell a business person if he is using his lowly body shop income to fund that nice Toter and those $50k+ SLMs that Roberts is running.

I don't really think it matters who has what at the SLM level, just about everyone has more than enough money to field the car they are running on the track. Roberts is certainly not what I would consider a low budget racer.

I guess my point is that you and many others are looking at Roberts as an underdog, but in reality the only reason he is at a disadvantage to Richards is because of the huge difference in racing ability. Nothing more, nothing less.

You are comparing one of the premier drivers in the country to decent regional driver.

PS: Just because someone disagrees with your (incorrect) opinion does not make them a troll. You and your opinion may be totally incorrect, but I don't consider you a troll -- just an ignorant Rocket hater.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Good post! Let me add that if Casey would have doored him or slammed him back, they would be even, but he spun him out, costing him a lot of positions. I think Casey is owed another one. It doesn't take much of a driver to spin out another by hitting him in the LR.

W2Racing09
02-08-2015, 08:45 PM
You realize that the 101 car does not dump the 1 car IF the 1 car does not run over the 101 car for the win, don't you?

From looking at the results on Saturday it looks like Roberts still finished 3rd. I would say they are certainly not even at this point.

I'll add that I hope he does not put him in the fence softly either.

W2Racing09
02-08-2015, 08:47 PM
http://www.cushmanpaintandbody.com/ wow changed chassis builder in 5 years a big team I know alow buck team that has 6 cars I will him that he should on the national scene

I wasn't aware that you are able to race 6 cars on the track at the same time. Thanks for the heads up on that...

W2Racing09
02-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Roberts a puss for that?? So if someone gave you pay back because you screwed them. Then they came to your house kicked your a$$ that person would be a puss.. 10 4 on your logic of thinking.

Can you word this post in English?

Thanks,
Jeff.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Roberts a puss for that?? So if someone gave you pay back because you screwed them. Then they came to your house kicked your a$$ that person would be a puss.. 10 4 on your logic of thinking.A pu$$ for hitting him on the scales yes, for spinning him out instead of running him up the track as he was done, yes. If you wanna talk about being a man, you go to his hauler. Or wait for an opportune time when he's alone to confront him face to face. That's being a man. Neither was being a man in any of what they did.

Aluminium Block
02-08-2015, 09:53 PM
How soon we forget the negative light dirt track racing was put in last year even though it was ruled an accident. If you have to use your car as a weapon on the track or pits it should be an automatic multiple race suspension and hefty fine to come back. I don't care if it's Joe Local or a national superstar. All it's going to take is an other serious injury or death caused by some nut less fool retaliating on the track or in the pits to bring the wrath of the insurance companies and even the government down on the tracks, series, and drivers. Exactly! Allowing this kind of stuff to go on eventually leads to something like NY again! Thursday night was not sanctioned, so it was the po-dunk officials at the speedway that did not take action on this serious offense. What Richards did Thursday was dirty and out of control, but what Roberts did Saturday was obvious, dirtier and should have been address by WoO officials by at least sending him to the rear. It was too obvious not to penalize it.

Nasty55
02-09-2015, 12:29 AM
Exactly! Allowing this kind of stuff to go on eventually leads to something like NY again! Thursday night was not sanctioned, so it was the po-dunk officials at the speedway that did not take action on this serious offense. What Richards did Thursday was dirty and out of control, but what Roberts did Saturday was obvious, dirtier and should have been address by WoO officials by at least sending him to the rear. It was too obvious not to penalize it.

I agree that what Casey did in the pits at the scales was the dumbest move he made Thursday night and I also understand the in the heat of the moment emotions run high but your right Aluminum Block if it isn't stopped we are gonna have another tragedy like NY and no one wants or needs that! Now fast forward to Saturday night... Yes Josh was owed own back but how much more obvious could Casey have made it by punting him in the left rear? Is it done and over? I don't think so... I think these two will run into each other again and this time someone either gets hurt or junked!! JMO...

onlyfacts
02-09-2015, 06:47 AM
A pu$$ for hitting him on the scales yes, for spinning him out instead of running him up the track as he was done, yes. If you wanna talk about being a man, you go to his hauler. Or wait for an opportune time when he's alone to confront him face to face. That's being a man. Neither was being a man in any of what they did.100% agreed. I guess it was ok what Clanton did to Casebolt on the last lap to win the race. Must be ok if your from Georgia to use someone up to win.

RW57
02-09-2015, 06:51 AM
Casebolt was ok with it I have not heard anyone else say anything about it you must be a rocket boy fan and wear blinders

Barbecueboy
02-09-2015, 07:33 AM
Exactly! Allowing this kind of stuff to go on eventually leads to something like NY again! Thursday night was not sanctioned, so it was the po-dunk officials at the speedway that did not take action on this serious offense. What Richards did Thursday was dirty and out of control, but what Roberts did Saturday was obvious, dirtier and should have been address by WoO officials by at least sending him to the rear. It was too obvious not to penalize it.

Po dunk officials?????

Clearly you weren't there.

Kwd1253
02-09-2015, 08:04 AM
100% agreed. I guess it was ok what Clanton did to Casebolt on the last lap to win the race. Must be ok if your from Georgia to use someone up to win.Bahaha you trying justify what Richards did vs Clinton did to casebolt... Fact Clinton didn't wreck or plow into casebolt. Casebolt burnt his tires up, Brandon was about go around casebolt but luckily it was the final lap. It wasn't 100% clean pass but it was 1000 x's cleaner pass than Richards on Roberts. Onlyfact is see that you need stop swinging on Richards nuts so hard.

Kwd1253
02-09-2015, 08:10 AM
100% agreed. I guess it was ok what Clanton did to Casebolt on the last lap to win the race. Must be ok if your from Georgia to use someone up to win.Bahaha you trying justify what Richards did vs Clinton did to casebolt... Fact Clinton didn't wreck or plow into casebolt. Casebolt burnt his tires up, Brandon was about go around casebolt but luckily it was the final lap. It wasn't 100% clean pass but it was 1000 x's cleaner pass than Richards on Roberts. Onlyfact is see that you need stop swinging on Richards nuts so hard.

j1s
02-09-2015, 09:44 AM
-Richards should not have acted stupidly on the track.
-Roberts should not have acting stupidly in the pits.
–When DoD interviewed Roberts on Thursday Roberts should have kept up his “awe shucks country boy” persona,
-Roberts and Richards should have tried to handle the situation like reasonable adults on Thursday
-Roberts should have asked Richards for the difference in pay
-Richards should have paid him the difference
None of this happened… so we have something to talk about: Thank you Casey Roberts and Josh Richards!!!!
What are the real cost of these events?
Thursday: Richards brought home $2500 more than he would have for finishing 2nd. I am not exactly sure what 3rd paid but Roberts lost $3250 to $3750. This was a non-points race.
Saturday: Assuming Richards would have finished 5th he lost $450. However, he received some contingency money so the number is skewed. He lost 24 points. So he is 6th in points rather than tied for 4th, 2nd overall WOO regular vs the 3rd overall regular now.
IF Roberts wants to even the balance sheet he may need to retaliate one or two more times, but he must consider that Richards will not let any of the retaliatory moves slide, Richards will also feel the need to get even or ahead. This could go on forever…
People race to satisfy a competitive urge, and many racers have an insatiable competitive urge. Roberts may play the humble awe shucks country boy, but he wants to win. We all know Richards likes to win. Richards and Roberts let their completive juices get the best of themselves; that’s racing. Personally I would hate to watch a race where drivers never let the desire to win get in the way of sound actions. It keeps things fresh and exciting for the fans and competitors. Just think it could be like NASCAR, where all actions are supposed to occur without regard to the emotions involved.

Barbecueboy
02-09-2015, 10:07 AM
-Richards should not have acted stupidly on the track.
-Roberts should not have acting stupidly in the pits.
–When DoD interviewed Roberts on Thursday Roberts should have kept up his “awe shucks country boy” persona,
-Roberts and Richards should have tried to handle the situation like reasonable adults on Thursday
-Roberts should have asked Richards for the difference in pay
-Richards should have paid him the difference
None of this happened… so we have something to talk about: Thank you Casey Roberts and Josh Richards!!!!
What are the real cost of these events?
Thursday: Richards brought home $2500 more than he would have for finishing 2nd. I am not exactly sure what 3rd paid but Roberts lost $3250 to $3750. This was a non-points race.
Saturday: Assuming Richards would have finished 5th he lost $450. However, he received some contingency money so the number is skewed. He lost 24 points. So he is 6th in points rather than tied for 4th, 2nd overall WOO regular vs the 3rd overall regular now.
IF Roberts wants to even the balance sheet he may need to retaliate one or two more times, but he must consider that Richards will not let any of the retaliatory moves slide, Richards will also feel the need to get even or ahead. This could go on forever…
People race to satisfy a competitive urge, and many racers have an insatiable competitive urge. Roberts may play the humble awe shucks country boy, but he wants to win. We all know Richards likes to win. Richards and Roberts let their completive juices get the best of themselves; that’s racing. Personally I would hate to watch a race where drivers never let the desire to win get in the way of sound actions. It keeps things fresh and exciting for the fans and competitors. Just think it could be like NASCAR, where all actions are supposed to occur without regard to the emotions involved.

Pretty good post right there......

The only thing I would take exception to , is your comment about Casey and his aw shucks good ole country boy persona ( as you describe it)

Casey and his group are about as genuine of a group of people as you will ever meet.......what you saw on Thursday was just a complete dive bomb ,and was the first time I ever heard Casey raise his voice in a threatening manor.
Anybody that knows him( and there are plenty that know him way better than me) will tell you that he just isn't that guy!!!!! I think his driving and history of ( or non history of)altercations at the track will tell you that.

As for Richards........he did what he had to do to get the win, even though Casey didn't do that to him to get in from of him.
I'm not a josh Richards hater by any means.............his support team however( especially at the top) are his problem.

I would be leaving some of those guys back at the shop.............they do him no favors.

W2Racing09
02-09-2015, 10:35 AM
Pretty good post right there......

The only thing I would take exception to , is your comment about Casey and his aw shucks good ole country boy persona ( as you describe it)

Casey and his group are about as genuine of a group of people as you will ever meet.......what you saw on Thursday was just a complete dive bomb ,and was the first time I ever heard Casey raise his voice in a threatening manor.
Anybody that knows him( and there are plenty that know him way better than me) will tell you that he just isn't that guy!!!!! I think his driving and history of ( or non history of)altercations at the track will tell you that.

As for Richards........he did what he had to do to get the win, even though Casey didn't do that to him to get in from of him.
I'm not a josh Richards hater by any means.............his support team however( especially at the top) are his problem.

I would be leaving some of those guys back at the shop.............they do him no favors.

I was walking up on Roberts pit area just as the police were taking someone away. Who was it that got taken away? I couldn't tell which crew he was part of.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Deep_pockets
02-09-2015, 11:56 AM
Most of you people are crazy. Josh did exactly what a real race car driver does to win a race. It isn't like he wrecked him to win. This isn't little league and everyone doesn't get a trophy. When money is on the line you do whatever it takes. He barley touched the guy.

TackyTracker
02-09-2015, 12:09 PM
Thought Josh was quoted as saying he didn't mind to be raced like that... Well it happened and I think Roberts was sorta obligated to retaliate in some form...

Barbecueboy
02-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Play it anyway you want. Still won't change the fact that Roberts acted like a classless a$$ in the pits on Thursday. It should have been over and for his childish actions he should have been out for the weekend. He proved who he is. When you attack after the race with a race car you are putting innocent people in harms way. There is no excuse or defense for that.I really hope Josh doesn't do anything to retaliate and knowing him he won't. Because right now he is the bigger person. Roberts= idiot.

For a guy who's screen name is only facts............don't you should at least have all of them before you get on a chat site and call someone an idiot?

Especially someone like Casey Roberts????

He may be a lot of things, but a classless idiot like you describe ain't one of them!!!

Barbecueboy
02-09-2015, 02:20 PM

Thanks,
Jeff.

Just a couple of humble opinions and observations.

There are a couple of big differences between Casey's team and Josh's team.......

Casey doesn't have 5 brand new motors sitting in the shop ready to be plugged in....

Casey doesn't have unlimited supplies of chassis and parts sitting around his humble shop.

Casey actually works for a living and owns his own business, josh races for a living and takes advantage( rightfully so) of his dad's business.

As for talent versus talent........I would tell you to ask josh himself about Casey's talent behind the wheel..........even he will tell you a different story and that they aren't miles apart as you claim.

Casey actually has to take care of his equipment and not use it up.......josh can total one today and have a new one sitting race ready at the next track.

There are many other differences between the two teams , but those are the most obvious.

I for one am not a rocket hater.......I totally respect Josh's ability and his desire to win, I like the rocket product....and I'm a huge tmac fan to boot.

Although josh probably could be if he wanted to, he really doesn't come across to me as the arrogant ,childish, whiney sob that people make him out to be.

Pops on the other hand.......a completely different story.

Like all the rest that have reached their business peak,He will see a lot of those same people that he stepped on and bullied over to get where he is on the way back down.........and this time( unlike when he was rocketing past and through them )I doubt they will be as nice , friendly or respectful.

Josh's desperate move on the track was a bonsai move with no possible way of a good outcome for anyone but josh..........wish he wouldn't have done that.

Casey's move at the scales was completely out of character and in no way represents his body of work as a driver and moreover a straight up man, father and husband.........wish he wouldn't have done that.

I think personally that josh has a new found respect for Casey ( knowing he isn't going to back down from anything) and most likely Casey has a newfound , yet guarded respect for josh after they cooled down and actually spoke to each other( which , they did)

drtrkr244
02-09-2015, 02:44 PM
A pu$$ for hitting him on the scales yes, for spinning him out instead of running him up the track as he was done, yes. If you wanna talk about being a man, you go to his hauler. Or wait for an opportune time when he's alone to confront him face to face. That's being a man. Neither was being a man in any of what they did.

Good post! Casey is too good of a driver to just drive into Joshs lr and intentionally spin him out. He should have just drove in another car length and doored/slammed him and it would probly be over. Im pretty sure josh wont retaliate but I bet he wont cut him no slack at Volusia.

Barbecueboy
02-09-2015, 02:49 PM
Good post! Casey is too good of a driver to just drive into Joshs lr and intentionally spin him out. He should have just drove in another car length and doored/slammed him and it would probly be over. Im pretty sure josh wont retaliate but I bet he wont cut him no slack at Volusia.

I see clean hard racing coming from both of them when they are around each other from now on.

The same kind of clean hard racing that ONE of them gave the other all weekend( with the exception being the retaliatory pit maneuver Saturday night)

W2Racing09
02-09-2015, 02:58 PM
I see clean hard racing coming from both of them when they are around each other from now on.

The same kind of clean hard racing that ONE of them gave the other all weekend( with the exception being the retaliatory pit maneuver Saturday night)

Said retaliatory pit maneuver was by far the most unclean driving of the weekend however. Josh moved him out of the way for the win, Roberts blatantly spun Richards which resulted in a caution flag. At the very least Roberts should of been put to the back for it. That is the scales incident aside, he should of been parked for the weekend or more for that.

Barbecueboy
02-09-2015, 03:45 PM
Said retaliatory pit maneuver was by far the most unclean driving of the weekend however. Josh moved him out of the way for the win, Roberts blatantly spun Richards which resulted in a caution flag. At the very least Roberts should of been put to the back for it. That is the scales incident aside, he should of been parked for the weekend or more for that.

I Will have to respectfully disagree with you Casey spinning josh being the dirtiest driving of the weekend.

Casey's move cost josh some valuable early woo points no doubt and some chump change to the Richards clan.

Josh's move ruined any chance of Casey being able to win the race he was on his way to winning and was Josh's only shot at hanging on to the lead that Casey was taking from him.

Sux for both of them really.

But I can tell you this with almost 100 percent certainty........you will never see Casey loose his cool like that again and it's doubtful that you will ever see another Richards crew member run over to that Roberts( or anybody else's for that matter) pit after a race.

After that unceremonious welcoming committee body slam upon his arrival to the 101 pit by the Casey supporter, the Richards crew member has got to be rethinking that bone head move.

Reminds me of an old saying my grandfather use to have......" I can't stop you from coming, but I can slow your departure down to a crawl"......which is exactly what happened.

It's over , done and I'm sure some hard lessons learned.......I look forward to some hot racing between the two whenever they are on the track together.

W2Racing09
02-09-2015, 04:52 PM
I Will have to respectfully disagree with you Casey spinning josh being the dirtiest driving of the weekend.

Casey's move cost josh some valuable early woo points no doubt and some chump change to the Richards clan.

Josh's move ruined any chance of Casey being able to win the race he was on his way to winning and was Josh's only shot at hanging on to the lead that Casey was taking from him.

Sux for both of them really.

But I can tell you this with almost 100 percent certainty........you will never see Casey loose his cool like that again and it's doubtful that you will ever see another Richards crew member run over to that Roberts( or anybody else's for that matter) pit after a race.

After that unceremonious welcoming committee body slam upon his arrival to the 101 pit by the Casey supporter, the Richards crew member has got to be rethinking that bone head move.

Reminds me of an old saying my grandfather use to have......" I can't stop you from coming, but I can slow your departure down to a crawl"......which is exactly what happened.

It's over , done and I'm sure some hard lessons learned.......I look forward to some hot racing between the two whenever they are on the track together.

Then we will disagree, it comes down to this for me.

Josh's move, while not necessarily clean was a racing move. He did it with the intent of winning the race. People race hard all the time for wins, and whether right or wrong it has and will always happen.

Casey's "move" was not racing. I expect to see that at a Demolition derby, or Brisca F1 racing or something like that. But not in the highest level of Dirt Late Model competition in the entire world. These drivers are supposed to represent this sport in a way that does not reinforce the stereotype that we are a bunch of uneducated rednecks, and what Roberts did certainly did not do anything to prove that is not the case.

The right thing to do would be to bank it until the next time you are racing Richards and do the same to him. It would convey the same message without making Roberts look like a total ass. Not to mention I'm sure its what Casebolt would have preferred. He was the real loser in the whole situation.

Thanks,
Jeff.

t3r3e3
02-09-2015, 05:03 PM
Most of you people are crazy. Josh did exactly what a real race car driver does to win a race. It isn't like he wrecked him to win. This isn't little league and everyone doesn't get a trophy. When money is on the line you do whatever it takes. He barley touched the guy.

So real race car drivers immediately go into WFO door slam mode when they're stalked for several laps and then passed cleanly? That was a no talent hack job of a "pass."

You............................................... ................over here......reality

Barbecueboy
02-09-2015, 05:09 PM

Josh's move, while not necessarily clean was a racing move. He did it with the intent of winning the race. People race hard all the time for wins, and whether right or wrong it has and will always happen.

Casey's "move" was not racing. I expect to see that at a Demolition derby, or Brisca F1 racing or something like that. But not in the highest level of Dirt Late Model competition in the entire world. These drivers are supposed to represent this sport in a way that does not reinforce the stereotype that we are a bunch of uneducated rednecks, and what Roberts did certainly did not do anything to prove that is not the case.

The right thing to do would be to bank it until the next time you are racing Richards and do the same to him. It would convey the same message without making Roberts look like a total ass. Not to mention I'm sure its what Casebolt would have preferred. He was the real loser in the whole situation.

Thanks,
Jeff.
Fair enough......we will just have to disagree.

I will say however, the fact that Casey didn't drag josh out of the race car at the scales by his ears and just put the old georgia beat down on him has got to speak volumes on how big of an uneducated redneck Casey IS NOT.

Most uneducated good old boy rednecks would have been beating on josh with a mag light if he had driven one that way......the fact that Casey didn't do that should mean something ...... ( I know this because I are one, actually I do have some sheepskin that claims I'm educated, but that doesn't really matter for this conversation)

If I'm understanding you correctly in your posts( and you have mentioned it several times) , you say that because josh was going for the win that his dive bomb is ok.
Win at the expense of others?? Do whatever it takes to go for the win??
Because , if I'm hearing you right.......it sounds like your saying , do what ever it takes the last few laps because your going for the win.

I'm sure that's not what you meant, but it sure sounds like it's what your saying.

t3r3e3
02-09-2015, 05:10 PM

Thanks,
Jeff.

So the move that door slammed the leader and rode him from the bottom to the top of the track was a "racin' deal", and the smartly executed spin out with no one around that caused no damage to the recipient's car was "demolition derby?"

Huh?

W2Racing09
02-09-2015, 06:30 PM
So the move that door slammed the leader and rode him from the bottom to the top of the track was a "racin' deal", and the smartly executed spin out with no one around that caused no damage to the recipient's car was "demolition derby?"

Huh?

From looking at the results and watching the video it looks like Casey Roberts lost all of two spots as a result of the door slam. His car seemed fine afterward also.

From being at the track on Saturday it seems that Josh got spun, lost 10+ spots, it brought out a caution and the incident potentially cost Casebolt the win.

W2Racing09
02-09-2015, 06:34 PM
Fair enough......we will just have to disagree.

I will say however, the fact that Casey didn't drag josh out of the race car at the scales by his ears and just put the old georgia beat down on him has got to speak volumes on how big of an uneducated redneck Casey IS NOT.

Most uneducated good old boy rednecks would have been beating on josh with a mag light if he had driven one that way......the fact that Casey didn't do that should mean something ...... ( I know this because I are one, actually I do have some sheepskin that claims I'm educated, but that doesn't really matter for this conversation)

If I'm understanding you correctly in your posts( and you have mentioned it several times) , you say that because josh was going for the win that his dive bomb is ok.
Win at the expense of others?? Do whatever it takes to go for the win??
Because , if I'm hearing you right.......it sounds like your saying , do what ever it takes the last few laps because your going for the win.

I'm sure that's not what you meant, but it sure sounds like it's what your saying.

I don't think it was okay, but it happens occasionally. I'm sure at some point in his career Josh has had the same thing happen to him. I'm also sure it wasn't the first time that Roberts has been moved out of the way. I see it at 1 out of every 2 races I go to in one division or another. It happens.

What isn't very common is outright just taking someone out for 6th place intentionally.

I think the response given by Roberts was significantly more than the situation warranted. I wouldn't call it a calculated spin either. There were cars behind them and it could have easily stacked up the field and caused another wreck.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Barbecueboy
02-09-2015, 06:34 PM
Any racer will tell you.....losing ten spots back to mid pack when you were never in contention for a win is not nearly as bad as losing a sure fire win!!!

COKEandaSMILE
02-09-2015, 06:58 PM
The more you post on this topic w2, the less credibility you have.

W2Racing09
02-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Any racer will tell you.....losing ten spots back to mid pack when you were never in contention for a win is not nearly as bad as losing a sure fire win!!!

I'm sure the spots are not as important as the points lost, 30+ points can be a big difference at the end of the season and if that ends up costing $50k+ and an Outlaw title then I don't really think there is much that could be done to even the score.

Fortunately (I guess) it seems they are past it now, lucky enough for Roberts that Richards seems to be pretty forgiving. As you all seem to be hung up on if it were a feud that would continue I think everyone knows who has the most equipment to spare.

Thanks,
Jeff.

W2Racing09
02-09-2015, 07:03 PM
The more you post on this topic w2, the less credibility you have.

Its a good thing that credibility on an internet website isn't exactly the type of thing I give a .... about.

COKEandaSMILE
02-09-2015, 07:06 PM
Its a good thing that credibility on an internet website isn't exactly the type of thing I give a .... about.

Lol,,,,, fair enough.

Would you have the same opinion of the incident if it was the 101 that ran over the 1 car for the win and the 1 car retaliated in the same manner?

W2Racing09
02-09-2015, 07:13 PM
Lol,,,,, fair enough.

Would you have the same opinion of the incident if it was the 101 that ran over the 1 car for the win and the 1 car retaliated in the same manner?

I certainly wouldn't be as upset about it (I am a fan of Josh Richards after all) but I would have the same general outlook. Just as I agree that Josh Richards' pass on Roberts was not a clean pass, I would agree on the other end had it been Josh that spun Roberts that the punishment didn't exactly fit the crime.

Highside Hustler25
02-09-2015, 07:14 PM
I'm sure the spots are not as important as the points lost, 30+ points can be a big difference at the end of the season and if that ends up costing $50k+ and an Outlaw title then I don't really think there is much that could be done to even the score.

Fortunately (I guess) it seems they are past it now, lucky enough for Roberts that Richards seems to be pretty forgiving. As you all seem to be hung up on if it were a feud that would continue I think everyone knows who has the most equipment to spare.

Thanks,
Jeff.

The points were what came to mind when I saw the results. It was only about 20 points but who knows if that could play out come the end of October.

COKEandaSMILE
02-09-2015, 07:21 PM
I'm more inclined to think that Richards isn't as forgiving but that he knew he had one coming.

zyoung25
02-09-2015, 07:34 PM
I like Richards but his history speaks for itself. How many drivers has he gotten into over the years? How times have we heard about Roberts getting into it with?....insert crickets. Like I said I like Richards and it's apparent he isn't scared to do what it takes to win, including knocking someone out of the way. IF Richards hadn't slammed Roberts for a win in the first place Roberts would've never touched Richards and all the rest of junk back in the pits wouldn't have ever happen either. Pass a guy clean and go on for the win and these type of deals wont happen and no one's feelings will be hurt...bottom line.

But it makes for a good discussion for sure.

Deep_pockets
02-09-2015, 07:40 PM
Heck yes you do whatever it takes to win. If not you are not a real racer and only worried about being a nice guy. Nice guys still finish last...

IZZOJR16
02-09-2015, 07:52 PM
AWSOME ROBERTS!!!! kid rocket deserves one or two more by Roberts!!! Easy to pull for a guy like Roberts!!

tsand
02-09-2015, 08:02 PM
everybody need to watch the you tube video of the ulitimate race from i 77 raceway and watch roberts and ed carrier show respect for one another. one of the best race ive every witnessed. two drivers racing each other clean but not giving an inch. real racers showing you how its done right.

pink floyd
02-09-2015, 08:04 PM
everybody need to watch the you tube video of the ulitimate race from i 77 raceway and watch roberts and ed carrier show respect for one another. one of the best race ive every witnessed. two drivers racing each other clean but not giving an inch. real racers showing you how its done right.

have you ever seen eddie drive rough OR retaliate?? the answer is NO!!

nuff said
02-09-2015, 08:09 PM
So,Roberts should of door slammed Richards instead of taking the time to pick his spot and drive around him cleanly.After all it was for the lead.

JinxNC
02-09-2015, 08:16 PM
I wish, AGAIN, there was a "LIKE" button on the last 3 posts.

Barbecueboy
02-10-2015, 07:42 AM

Thanks,
Jeff.

True enough, but they all have the same amount of teeth to loose.......( well, the guys out of shinniston may be an exception to that rule).

I don't really think there is going to be an issue between the two ........and I'm sure there won't be anymore visits by the Richards clan to anybody's pits real soon.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-10-2015, 09:06 AM
AWSOME ROBERTS!!!! kid rocket deserves one or two more by Roberts!!! Easy to pull for a guy like Roberts!!When the he!! is enough enough? He got Richards back, done. You think Casey wants to get in a demo derby match with Josh? Sooner or later they'll look at the situation, sounds as though they have, and realize they were both dumb. It happens, peoples emotions get the better of them. They were both wrong, how you can still say he needs to go back at Josh more is well laughable at best.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-10-2015, 09:07 AM
Just a couple of humble opinions and observations.

There are a couple of big differences between Casey's team and Josh's team.......

Casey doesn't have 5 brand new motors sitting in the shop ready to be plugged in....

Casey doesn't have unlimited supplies of chassis and parts sitting around his humble shop.

Casey actually works for a living and owns his own business, josh races for a living and takes advantage( rightfully so) of his dad's business.

As for talent versus talent........I would tell you to ask josh himself about Casey's talent behind the wheel..........even he will tell you a different story and that they aren't miles apart as you claim.

Casey actually has to take care of his equipment and not use it up.......josh can total one today and have a new one sitting race ready at the next track.

There are many other differences between the two teams , but those are the most obvious.

I for one am not a rocket hater.......I totally respect Josh's ability and his desire to win, I like the rocket product....and I'm a huge tmac fan to boot.

Although josh probably could be if he wanted to, he really doesn't come across to me as the arrogant ,childish, whiney sob that people make him out to be.

Pops on the other hand.......a completely different story.

Like all the rest that have reached their business peak,He will see a lot of those same people that he stepped on and bullied over to get where he is on the way back down.........and this time( unlike when he was rocketing past and through them )I doubt they will be as nice , friendly or respectful.

Josh's desperate move on the track was a bonsai move with no possible way of a good outcome for anyone but josh..........wish he wouldn't have done that.

Casey's move at the scales was completely out of character and in no way represents his body of work as a driver and moreover a straight up man, father and husband.........wish he wouldn't have done that.

I think personally that josh has a new found respect for Casey ( knowing he isn't going to back down from anything) and most likely Casey has a newfound , yet guarded respect for josh after they cooled down and actually spoke to each other( which , they did)Helluva a post BBQ.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-10-2015, 09:15 AM
Most of you people are crazy. Josh did exactly what a real race car driver does to win a race. It isn't like he wrecked him to win. This isn't little league and everyone doesn't get a trophy. When money is on the line you do whatever it takes. He barley touched the guy.And who said it was that everyone gets a trophy BS? No one. You race others as you want to be raced. If Richards wants to pass people clean, only to have them dive bomb him next turn, then by all means. That's the Nascrap BS mentality where you "did what you have to for the win." Pi$$ on that. You gain way more respect from your fellow competitors and fans, by settling for second instead of screwing some guy. Especially if he just passed you clean. I'd say at least with Roberts, Richards will think twice before pulling that move again. And I hope they did iron it out as was stated.

Deep_pockets
02-10-2015, 04:10 PM
Blackford, you shouldnt even be posting here.

Aluminium Block
02-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Fair enough......we will just have to disagree. I will say however, the fact that Casey didn't drag josh out of the race car at the scales by his ears and just put the old georgia beat down on him has got to speak volumes on how big of an uneducated redneck Casey IS NOT. Most uneducated good old boy rednecks would have been beating on josh with a mag light if he had driven one that way......the fact that Casey didn't do that should mean something ...... ( I know this because I are one, actually I do have some sheepskin that claims I'm educated, but that doesn't really matter for this conversation) Ramming a car into someone on the scales is just as redneck, uneducated, and stupid. In fact, its more cowardly than a real fight!

Deep_pockets
02-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Thats just silly. He isn't there to make friends. He is there to win a race and did. Racing isn't little league and besides he barley touched him. You guys are just jealous of money and talent, most poor people are. Whatever it takes to win.

h1ghs1de
02-10-2015, 04:48 PM
so many badasses in this thread

Barbecueboy
02-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Thats just silly. He isn't there to make friends. He is there to win a race and did. Racing isn't little league and besides he barley touched him. You guys are just jealous of money and talent, most poor people are. Whatever it takes to win.

So your cool with a racer just running over and through someone for the win????you were probably one of those benchwarmers on the football team that would stick his leg out on the sideline and trip the opposing receiver running down the sidelines for a game winning touchdown , aren't you???

And barely touched him????.

There is some drivers side sheet metal sitting in a shop in toccoa that would tell a whole different story.

As for poor, the only thing poor about me right now is my feelings about an admitted liar that has been banned a hundred times yet continues to come back to a site under different screen names.....

Even though it's clear that said person isn't welcome or wanted........crank twist on that wedge of reality blue bear.

Barbecueboy
02-10-2015, 05:20 PM
Blackford, you shouldnt even be posting here.

Said the kettle himself!!!

seifertfan2
02-12-2015, 06:17 PM

Really, Po-dunk officials. Kelly Carlton and his crew were officiating Thursday night and they are all 1st class people. While Im not particularly a fan of either driver, I do know Casey pretty well and I dont condone what he did in the pits. Hes one of the easiest going people in the pits so he must have been pretty upset with Josh. After Saturday night I feel that they are both even and I read somewhere that they had a face to face meeting after Sat night, so hopefully all this is over and we can all get back to watching some good racing.