PDA

View Full Version : What drivers will be at North Fla.

hustler t4
02-07-2015, 10:26 PM
Who will race N Fla, on Sunday Night?

_keith_
02-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Who will race N Fla, on Sunday Night? I hope this don't sound negative but most of the Lucas Oil points chasers will pass up North Florida....Headed 4 Eastbay.......

Latemodel333
02-07-2015, 11:33 PM
I hope this don't sound negative but most of the Lucas Oil points chasers will pass up North Florida....Headed 4 Eastbay.......

Can't blame them with practice at Eastbay tomorrow, what will be interesting is to see how many Woo guys show up, they don't race until Thursday so I hope there is a good field at North Fl.

latemodel28d
02-08-2015, 01:11 AM
north flordia really never drew a good field of supers, lannigan won last 2 yrs, they had like 11 cars 2 yrs agao and like 10 last year...

pink floyd
02-08-2015, 01:32 AM
it appears that lanigan needs the laps right now, so i bet he will be there trying to tune in his car.

_keith_
02-08-2015, 01:43 AM
it appears that lanigan needs the laps right now, so i bet he will be there trying to tune in his car. Lol......Lanigan needs laps just like Bloomquist need another High Dollar Sponsor......Make it 3 in- a- row for DL......?

Nasty55
02-08-2015, 02:40 AM
it appears that lanigan needs the laps right now, so i bet he will be there trying to tune in his car.

Yeah pink he needs to do something he hits with an 8th place finish on friday night and didn't crack the top 10 tonight finished 11th kinda out in left field from the sounds of it... He will get on a roll though I'm sure..

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-08-2015, 07:17 AM
north flordia really never drew a good field of supers, lannigan won last 2 yrs, they had like 11 cars 2 yrs agao and like 10 last year...

I was there the last 2 years. They had quite a few more than that.

kerrminator
02-08-2015, 07:25 AM
AFter 3 straight nights at Golden Isles, I'm finishing off my weekend at NFS. $5K will draw some strong Locals to go with the Big Boys that that do show up in Lake City.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-08-2015, 08:03 AM
AFter 3 straight nights at Golden Isles, I'm finishing off my weekend at NFS. $5K will draw some strong Locals to go with the Big Boys that that do show up in Lake City.

I hope we see a good show.

WisWildManFan
02-08-2015, 08:34 AM
Heckenast will be there according to schedule

Highside Hustler25
02-08-2015, 08:36 AM
who ever gave me the rep about mike hammerlee he is on vacation and picking up his tires for the season pretty smart move if you ask me

my guess is it was Mike Hammerlee himself:rolleyes:

thexfactor0210
02-08-2015, 08:42 AM
Dirtondirt has Sheppard, Lloyd, McCreadie, Casebolt, Whitener, Benedum listed

drtrkr244
02-08-2015, 10:30 AM
There are very few supers in the North FL/South GA area. Only Lloyd and Whitener. The other locals will be NLMS/UDLMS type cars. If you're going for the first time, don't expect much from the facility.

Josh Bayko
02-08-2015, 10:34 AM
Morgan Bagley said on Twitter that he would be there.

CIRF
02-08-2015, 10:57 AM
There are very few supers in the North FL/South GA area. Only Lloyd and Whitener. The other locals will be NLMS/UDLMS type cars. If you're going for the first time, don't expect much from the facility.

Just curious what specifically you mean by the last sentence of this post. Not looking to quibble in the least, just interested as to what you're driving at.

drtrkr244
02-08-2015, 11:06 AM
Well........since you asked! After going there for the last 25 years,and comparing it to BRP,GIS,VSP,EBSP, only one word comes to mind........DUMP!

Scott1fan
02-08-2015, 12:10 PM
T-Mac, Brandon Sheppard, Kyle Bronson and Dan Stone already there!

Dante Toledo, OH
02-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Any updates would be great. Thanks in advance

Scott1fan
02-08-2015, 04:40 PM
16 lates
TMAC fast time

drtrkr244
02-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Any updates would be great. Thanks in advance

Dante, updates are on DOD.

Highside Hustler25
02-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Mark Whitener wins from the pole.
Heckenast
Bagley
Bronson
Beard
BShep
Kirkpatrick
Casebolt
Stone
Walker
Anderson
Hammerlee
TMac
Cameron
Lloyd
Sanders

CIRF
02-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Well........since you asked! After going there for the last 25 years,and comparing it to BRP,GIS,VSP,EBSP, only one word comes to mind........DUMP!

Okay, fair enough. I've never been there so I'll gladly take your word for it. I would just ask one more question, if it's that repulsive how does the place stay operational and what would compel you to attend races there for 25 years?

drtrkr244
02-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Okay, fair enough. I've never been there so I'll gladly take your word for it. I would just ask one more question, if it's that repulsive how does the place stay operational and what would compel you to attend races there for 25 years?

When I look at the other tracks around, NFS is at the bottom. They have their loyal following just like many other tracks. That keeps their doors open every week. The track has went through several owners over the years, and still very few improvements.Poor track prep,VERY poor safety conditions, junk cars and equipment has been parked in the infield for years.The track is always one groove rubbered up from lack of water and prep. Don't stand near the fence as its poorly supported with very little safety cable. I love dirt racing, so I'll occasionally go, generally to crew a car. In my book, just put forth a 100% effort and I would be ok with that, but they fail miserably to do that.Im basing that on the other tracks around BRP,GIS,VSP, and EBSP.Those are nice facilities!

CIRF
02-08-2015, 09:13 PM
When I look at the other tracks around, NFS is at the bottom. They have their loyal following just like many other tracks. That keeps their doors open every week. The track has went through several owners over the years, and still very few improvements.Poor track prep,VERY poor safety conditions, junk cars and equipment has been parked in the infield for years.The track is always one groove rubbered up from lack of water and prep. Don't stand near the fence as its poorly supported with very little safety cable. I love dirt racing, so I'll occasionally go, generally to crew a car. In my book, just put forth a 100% effort and I would be ok with that, but they fail miserably to do that.Im basing that on the other tracks around BRP,GIS,VSP, and EBSP.Those are nice facilities!

Whoa!! I get your point loud and clear, especially the part about the junk cars in the infield. We get to Florida for Speedweeks almost every year and try to go to a track we've never been whenever we can and that's why I was inquisitive about the place.

We used to go to Putnam County for the late models for a few years following the paving of VSP 1/2 mile and before they built the 3/8's mile track there. I always thought PCS had room for improvement, too. They tore up the asphalt on the 1/2 mile in the nick of time at VSP and things got back to normal there and Putnam County became irrelevant once again.

The dirt track at St. Augustine was a pretty nice place right after it opened. Saw the WoO sprint cars and the DIRT big block modifieds all in the same night there not long after it was built. I think they paved it and then it just faded away.

Krooser
02-09-2015, 02:01 AM
I ran the old IMCA modified Florida Series in '87. After blowing an engine @ New Smyrna I put in my back-up motor and ran up to Lake City for a rainout make-up race on the Saturday before the 500.

The drivers were greeted with a track that had not been graded or watered after Friday's All Star LM/Sprint car event. Probably the worst track surface I ran on. The good deal for was I was 200 HP down from every other car and my old POS ran pretty good and I transferred thru the heat and consi to make a Top 5 finish in the main.