PDA

View Full Version : Dear Troy Baird..

ForLoveOfTheGame
02-08-2015, 11:34 PM
I think you may have found you a wheelman in Ross Bailes. The kid was nothing short of impressive this weekend at Golden Isle. It would be one thing if he ran good one night but he was consistently up front all weekend and other than Davenport, he was probably one of the fastest cars all weekend. We may have witnessed the next young star -in Bailes- of the sport this weekend to go along with Brandon Sheppard, Bobby Pierce, Mason Ziegler, Rodney Sanders, Ryan Gustin, Brandon Overton, Chris Ferguson, and Devin Moran. Goodluck this year to you Ross Bailes and Troy Baird!

Nasty55
02-09-2015, 12:18 AM
I think you may have found you a wheelman in Ross Bailes. The kid was nothing short of impressive this weekend at Golden Isle. It would be one thing if he ran good one night but he was consistently up front all weekend and other than Davenport, he was probably one of the fastest cars all weekend. We may have witnessed the next young star -in Bailes- of the sport this weekend to go along with Brandon Sheppard, Bobby Pierce, Mason Ziegler, Rodney Sanders, Ryan Gustin, Brandon Overton, Chris Ferguson, and Devin Moran. Goodluck this year to you Ross Bailes and Troy Baird!

The kid definitely impressed me thats for sure! And he showed us that he has the talent to run with the big boys! Hopefully Troy Baird will keep him in this ride and not do as he has done with everyone else.. Good luck guys!!

nlhenry55
02-09-2015, 06:10 AM
Bailes really impressed me also, young man deserves this ride & hopefully he can keep it. Dont part company with him like you did with Overton.

dirtfan4ever#3
02-09-2015, 02:28 PM
He had drivers, Bailes bought car, no time to rewrap

Barbecueboy
02-09-2015, 02:43 PM
There sure is a lot of talk on 4 m...dod....and other sites that said he was driving for Baird for golden isles.

I guess they were all wrong???

Either way, Ross is a good wheelman and good luck to him as the new owner of that ride, or as the hired gun for that ride.

Pennsboro23
02-09-2015, 03:00 PM
The thing is, Baird had a wheel man with Overton. He has another one with Bailes, hope it doesn't turn out like it has in the past.

macro646
02-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Baird has had several good drivers, but for some reason he seems to get bored with them real quick. But, he is paying the bills and can do what he wants with his drivers.

drtrkr244
02-09-2015, 03:33 PM
Baird has had several good drivers, but for some reason he seems to get bored with them real quick. But, he is paying the bills and can do what he wants with his drivers.

Not only has he had good drivers. hes got a good crew chief making good adjustments.

B_K
02-09-2015, 03:55 PM
That ride comes with very good equipment and complex circumstances. When Davenport had it, it was also the Barry Wright house car, so crew was built in. Unless something has changed the equipment has to stay based out of Baird's shop which makes for logistics problems unless you want to live in a truck inside a garage. There's no full time help. Some of the guys at the shop are great guys and help when they can, but the man does run a successful business. Those guys are busy more often than not. Throw in the fact that you never know what your going to get from the guy signing the checks from day to day, and it can become more headache than it's worth.

There's been several that could have made that ride a consistent winner given time and circumstance. Maybe Ross will get the chance. History says otherwise.

nuff said
02-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Davenport drove it some after William Thomas got out,right before Baird got with BWRC I remember correctly.
One thing is for sure,he definitely seems to have an eye for talent.

B_K
02-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Wasn't Davenport after RLH? Thomas was only in it a couple of races I thought, and that was after JD.

toyracer
02-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Bailes did not buy the car

hookedondirt01
02-09-2015, 05:28 PM
He had drivers, Bailes bought car, no time to rewrap

Don't know where you heard this but we didn't buy the car. Thank you all for the kind words!

gorj
02-09-2015, 06:33 PM
Don't know where you heard this but we didn't buy the car. Thank you all for the kind words!

When and where is your next race?

flagone
02-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Ross is a very talented racer. I have had the pleasure of being able to watch him race for several years. Fantastic young man with a great attitude and work ethic. Ross is well-mannered and as humble as anyone you will ever meet. He has strong family support and a big local fan base around his Clover, SC home area.

nuff said
02-09-2015, 07:58 PM
It was after RLH.I tend to him and WT mixed up.Either way,nobody has been in it long but they have all been good drivers.Bailes is doing his part to earn a ride.

B_K
02-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Bailes looked solid at GIS. Always seemed like a good dude. Hope it works out well for him.

plunks7
02-09-2015, 09:23 PM
I have full confidence in Bailes driving ability as I did Overton. But Baird seems to be a little shady (Bi polar). I hope Bailes has his own car for back-up just incase Baird has one of them moments!!! Looking forward to see Bailes Drive all year!

SS Motorsports
02-10-2015, 03:05 PM
RLH didn't even make it through speed weeks when he was in it before Baird pulled the plug.

drtrkr244
02-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Was Baird a driver back in the 90's?

Waldo
02-10-2015, 05:20 PM
RossBailesracing.com Gorj, it says his next race is at Cherokee Speedway, feb. 28 and March the 1st.

gorj
02-10-2015, 07:04 PM
I'm guessing he has some experience at Gaffney, he should do well.

hookedondirt01
02-12-2015, 12:06 AM
When and where is your next race?

We will be at Cherokee Speedway for March Madness February 28 - March 1.

zyoung25
02-12-2015, 03:20 AM
Was Baird a driver back in the 90's?

Not sure if they're related or not, Bill Baird is from Kentucky, so it's possible they could be. There used to be a Bill that ran arca in the 90s, also ran a few in the late 00's. I think Bill is into rock crawlers and stuff now days though.

I always wondered if they was some connection between the 2. When I first seen the Baird transport on a race car, I figured it was Bill.

ForLoveOfTheGame
02-23-2015, 11:14 PM
Saw where Ross has a Clements motor for sell on Racing Junk.. wonder if this has anything to do with him driving for Baird?

fastrak19
02-25-2015, 08:58 PM
I worked for one of Baird's drivers (don't want to say any names), but Troy is a total d*ck when it comes to his drivers and their success. He has a successful business and has plenty of money to back a race team. He used to field asphalt cars, but decided to cut down on the costs and start fielding dirt late models. He said that when they ran asphalt cars, money bought you success. He mentioned that he spent around $750K each year just to keep the asphalt team going. But after starting the dlm team with RLH, he just hasn't been able realize that when you race dlms, you're competing against the best money has to offer even on a "weekly show" basis. If his driver did not run good or didn't make the race, his first question was "why? You have the best equipment there is." He's had RLH, JD, William, Overton, and others but will never be happy until his driver wins every race they enter. Ask Chris Madden what he thinks of Troy... He'll tell you the same thing.

Barbecueboy
02-26-2015, 07:51 AM
I worked for one of Baird's drivers (don't want to say any names), but Troy is a total d*ck when it comes to his drivers and their success. He has a successful business and has plenty of money to back a race team. He used to field asphalt cars, but decided to cut down on the costs and start fielding dirt late models. He said that when they ran asphalt cars, money bought you success. He mentioned that he spent around $750K each year just to keep the asphalt team going. But after starting the dlm team with RLH, he just hasn't been able realize that when you race dlms, you're competing against the best money has to offer even on a "weekly show" basis. If his driver did not run good or didn't make the race, his first question was "why? You have the best equipment there is." He's had RLH, JD, William, Overton, and others but will never be happy until his driver wins every race they enter. Ask Chris Madden what he thinks of Troy... He'll tell you the same thing.

The " Steinbrenner " of dlm racing is what it sounds like your saying...........

Except his fielded teams haven't really ever won anything to speak of.......

jog49
02-26-2015, 01:03 PM
I recall someone saying that Baird once boasted about "taking over" dirt late model racing. Remember the ant crawling up the female elephant's leg with rape on its mind? Both carry the same level of hilarity!

B_K
02-26-2015, 01:31 PM
Sometimes when you go from 8th to 2nd in the last 10 laps the first words are why didn't we win? That question was asked even though the tire went flat entering turn 3 on the last lap.

Good at business, either does not understand or refuses to give his drivers what it takes week in week out. You can't buy wins at the highest level of dlm racing.