PDA

View Full Version : non-bleadlock question

racindirt8p
02-10-2015, 12:57 PM
I was wanting to know whats everyone doing to run foam or wheel covers on non-beadlocks? I have heard some weld tabs or use the rings any help appreciated thanks

racer11w
02-10-2015, 01:50 PM
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Aero-Race-Wheels-P905519-Gen-II-Mudcover-Inner-Ring-Only,66802.html
I always run something like these

Racer96m
02-10-2015, 08:31 PM
I use the rings. I think every wheel manufacturer makes them. Never had any problems with them.

Dave

RodneyEdmundson
02-19-2015, 12:08 AM
We custom made ours. Had to, to fit a Weld mud plug onto an Aero non-beadlock. And a whole heck of a lot cheaper than what they are new. Look how the Rings from All-Star are made and make your own. They do have two different style. First I found a package of 40 dzus kits on ebay. (tabs, springs and pop rivets) I bought them without the buttons as the weld plugs already came with them. That cost me 54$. now if you want to go welding them to your rims that's up to you, but if you do the math that's 13 wheels that can be done for 54$ or a little over 4$ a wheel. New rings the cheapest I found were 30$ per ring. We bought some thick wire and rolled it to fit our wheels and welded a bolt and nut to the ends like All-Star did to make the expander. Fitt and weld your tabs on and you've got a brand new ring for a fraction of the cost.

hughesracing9
02-19-2015, 11:01 AM
I use the dirt defender rings(hate the look of the covers) and any aero or real beadlock mud plugs will fit up to it. On a non beadlock, the plugs covers everything except the last 1" lip, like where the yellow stripe is on an aero, but its flush so no room for mud packing in there.